Horses and Bayonets

Ryan4VT

I think Romney's best strategic move of the whole evening was to drop the hammer on Obama for his failure to visit Israel during his term as president, while Obama visited five other Arab nations. That's a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE* beef the Evangelical Right has with Obama, a group that has taken a long time to warm up to Romney due to Mormonism.

*I omitted several dozen "U"s.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does all of this "back and forth" between the candidates really matter? The outcome is set!!!

For the past 150 years, when a presidential election occurs on Nov. 6...the winner (drum roll).........always, a Republican. :D

If anyone goes to look at fact checking what was said, its hard to say that either won on what came out of their mouth. How they handled it/were perceived is the only thing that scored points for them IMO. I didnt get to watch it, being at work last night, but did listen to it on Sirius. Personally I dont like either one. Romney came away more controlled/collected, except when he didnt like that Obama got a last word in, which I liked Sheiffers way of handling it. Obama came away a little egotistical IMO/over dramatic.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is most had already decided on their candidate before last night. Last night's debate wasn't anything earth-shattering. There were a few good zingers and it was mildly entertaining, but nothing that should have changed or reinforced one's bias one way or the other. The first debate was an eye-opener for a lot of people who were not that well acquainted with Mitt Romney. It helped him a lot more than the last two debates hurt him, if they indeed hurt him at all. I believe a lot of Americans are searching for answers, and Obama has yet to provide any solutions to the problems facing the economy. Foreign policy is vitally important, but putting food on the table trumps that. Whether you believe Romney has the answers or not, it's clear Obama and the libs are continuing in the same direction they've been going for four years, and, as for me and my family, we can't stand another four years of this.

My only comment is that the Rep. Primary season and all the debates should have improved Romney's debating skills. Having chosen to watch MI5 on Netflix, I am totally unqualified to comment on debate performance. Reading the multiple Twitter feeds I follow, the thing I found most interesting was that Romney agreed with Obama on many things in foreign policy.

Romney not making any major foreign policy issues different between himself and Obama, while still leaving a few minor things, was a smart move on his part. It forces the economy to be a central point as a different between the two candidate, with social issues following it.

My only comment is that the Rep. Primary season and all the debates should have improved Romney's debating skills. Having chosen to watch MI5 on Netflix, I am totally unqualified to comment on debate performance. Reading the multiple Twitter feeds I follow, the thing I found most interesting was that Romney agreed with Obama on many things in foreign policy.

He absolutely did. And, of course, the Liberals are crying "only thing Romney has to say is 'I agree with Obama, only I had done it first'". Actual Facebook quote, BTW. Nevermind that Obama had the first word in virtually every round.

He absolutely did. And, of course, the Liberals are crying "only thing Romney has to say is 'I agree with Obama, only I had done it first'". Actual Facebook quote, BTW. Nevermind that Obama had the first word in virtually every round.

I like how you lump all liberals together because of one facebook quote, but get mad if someone generalizes conservatives based on a few idiots.

And doesn't it alternate between the candidates on who gets the first word on each topic? And Romney has won all three coin tosses in the debates and has elected to go second in the opening question.

I like how you lump all liberals together because of one facebook quote, but get mad if someone generalizes conservatives based on a few idiots.

And doesn't it alternate between the candidates on who gets the first word on each topic? And Romney has won all three coin tosses in the debates and has elected to go second in the opening question.

You're right, I overgeneralized. I took the comments of multiple acquaintances on Facebook and applied it categorically. I appreciate you keeping me honest, just as I have done with you.

Last night was by no means equal. Romney had a few opening statements, but it paled to Obama. Schieffer allowed Obama to go first more often, and would deny Romney the privilege to counter when he granted it to Obama liberally.

It was an idiotic comment that set the tone for the entire evening. Obama was certainly more aggressive, but it seemed like he was more trying to make snide attacks at Romney than he was trying to have a foreign policy debate. Romney was very cool, collected, and wisely did not bite on Obama's snarky remarks.

I know CNN and others don't agree, but I feel like Romney's performance was clearly superior to Obama's.

I agree!!!

Want to know how else the debates were not moderated well? In the 3 Presidential debates and one Vice Presidential debate, Obama and Biden got more speaking time than Romney and Paul in each one.

Obama was certainly more aggressive, but it seemed like he was more trying to make snide attacks at Romney than he was trying to have a foreign policy debate.

That's what happens when you've got nothing...

Anyone who wins the opening is going to take the best spot, which is the person with the final word of the night. You want to be the one that leaves the last impression.

Last night was by no means equal. Romney had a few opening statements, but it paled to Obama. Schieffer allowed Obama to go first more often, and would deny Romney the privilege to counter when he granted it to Obama liberally.

I just went through the transcripts from last night and you are wrong. According to my count Romney was given first word 6 times to Obama's 5 times when the moderator proposed a new topic for discussion.

Anyone who wins the opening is going to take the best spot, which is the person with the final word of the night. You want to be the one that leaves the last impression.

I agree. And I was actually mistaken. Romney has won all thee tosses and he has elected to go first on the first question and therefore last on the closing remarks.

Obama = FAIL!

News agencies are reporting this morning that the White House received emails hours after the attacks in Libya claiming that a terrorist organization were responsible for the attacks. Obama and his administration straight out lied to the American people for weeks and tried to put the

blame on a YouTube video.

Obama = FAIL!

News agencies are reporting this morning that the White House received emails hours after the attacks in Libya claiming that a terrorist organization were responsible for the attacks. Obama and his administration straight out lied to the American people for weeks and tried to put the blame on a YouTube video.

The more conservative news agencies have been reporting this ever since the attack happened. Now, it's reached a critical mass where even the Democrat SuperPAC CNN can't deny it. And it's THE reason Romney didn't go after it as hard as he could've.

The more conservative news agencies have been reporting this ever since the attack happened. Now, it's reached a critical mass where even the Democrat SuperPAC CNN can't deny it. And it's THE reason Romney didn't go after it as hard as he could've.

Romney was brilliant Monday night. Not so much for what he said, but for avoiding saying anything that the libs could use against him. Attacking the POTUS on foreign policy at this point would not have been to Romney's advantage, especially now that the truth about Libya is coming out. This will hurt Obama. But the bottom line is still the fact that the election will be decided by voters who have felt the sting of the last four years here at home, IMHO.

I am so cynical about everything that I expect there to be a huge retaliatory action against those responsible for the Libyan attack around Nov. 3. It also wouldn't surprise me if some huge foreign trade deal was announce within the same time frame.

Either or both would influence fence sitters.

White HOuse claims that they knew 2 hours later, this story indicates that they knew 2 hours prior about the pending attacks. The longer this goes on, the more obvious it becomes that this is a coverup and a case of gross negligence or some kind of weird intentional disregard for those who died.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/23/White-House-Received-Claims-of-Militant-Responsibility-Two-Hours-After-Attack

White HOuse claims that they knew 2 hours later, this story indicates that they knew 2 hours prior about the pending attacks. The longer this goes on, the more obvious it becomes that this is a coverup and a case of gross negligence or some kind of weird intentional disregard for those who died.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/23/White-House-Received-Claims-of-Militant-Responsibility-Two-Hours-After-Attack

This is on the level of Iran-Contra.