Snow...

Morristown has upped the totals for their counties. Now calling for 1-5 in the lower elevations of Lee, Wise, Scott, Russell, and Washington, with 6-24 inches, mainly above 2500 feet, and 2-3 feet up above 5000 feet. Wise County has also been upgraded to the blizzard warning list.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started really snowing much down here after seeing a light drizzle rain/snow mix all day. Not sticking just yet. Winds are beginning to crank up, get some really strong gusts from time to time with an occasional light flicker. Winds should continue for everyone through tomorrow and probably increase.

Seen reports of well over a foot in parts of WV around Elkins. Storm Chaser Reed Timmer is up in that area and seen some thunder snow...would love to see some here. Report of about a foot on Black Mountain just above 3700 feet.

Finally getting a very light dusting here in Bristol near Exit 5. Been cold, slushy rain all day. Washington County Schools are on a two hour delay because they've got a few inches (from what I hear) in the eastern part of the county (Konnarock, Taylor's Valley, Damascus, etc.).

We now have an inch or two in the Bristol area of Washington County (near Exit 5). I'm sure if I drive just a few miles down Lee Hwy toward VHS, there's practically no snow at all. Weird how that happens. Anyway, Bristol city schools are still on regular schedule, but Washington County schools are closed for today.

Just woke up. All Tazewell County courts are cancelled, but that means nothing for me.

Easily 12'' here in Tazewell. Plows are running for all they're worth on VA-61.

Out in the Gratton area of Tazewell, drifts between 2-3' in the driveway. VA-61 halfway clear.

My backyard at 7:30 this morning

District%20I-20121030-00006.jpg?token=orI1eH8ADH&mbox=INBOX&uid=1867&number=2&type=image&subtype=jpeg

Walmart in Bluefield, VA at 7:00 this morning

IMG-20121030-00005.jpg?token=orI1eH8ADH&mbox=INBOX&uid=1868&number=2&type=image&subtype=jpeg

For some reason, I can never see any images you post. I only get that little white box with a red x in it.

About 8-10" at my house with lots of drifts @ 2600'.

No power at the office...SNOW DAY!!!!

I measured three different spots in the front yard, three different spots in the backyard and took the average...

Official snow measurement: 10.2"