10-3-14 Week 6 Updates

GMan

Lane Casadonteâ€@LaneCBS69 mins9 minutes ago

The streak is dead, long live the streak. Lake Taylor knocks off L.C. Bird 29-22 ending the Skyhawks 33 game winning streak

wslsScoresâ€@wslsScores10 mins10 minutes ago

Brookville wins over Rustburg -- 21-7

SWVA Sports Live!â€@swvasportslive2 mins2 minutes ago

It's a final from 5 Star Stadium. Lee High-43 Grayson Co.-28.

great state

Nate Hubbardâ€@Hubbard_BHCSprt3 mins3 minutes ago

Final science hill 35 tennessee high 29

roanoke.com sportsâ€@timesland2 mins2 minutes ago

FOOTBALL: Giles wins 20th consecutive game with 37-30 comeback victory over Galax.

Hogoheegee.comâ€@HogoOnline2 mins2 minutes ago

PH about to earn first district win since 2009. 22 Hogo games ago

Brian Woodsonâ€@bdtwoodson3 mins3 minutes ago

Grizzlies roar, hold off James Monroe 25-19 in Lindside

great state

Brian Woodsonâ€@bdtwoodson5 mins5 minutes ago

Marion steamrolls Tazewell 40-12. Bulldogs drops second in row, Richlands up next for Dogs.

wslsScoresâ€@wslsScores1 min1 minute ago

Pocohontas Co. wins over Bath Co. -- 41-6

Brian Woodsonâ€@bdtwoodson8 mins8 minutes ago

PikeView shuts out Midland Trail 35-0

great state

Brian Woodsonâ€@bdtwoodson2m2 minutes ago

George Washington finishes off Princeton 35-14. Five losses in row for Tigers against a brutal schedule

ABC13 Sportsâ€@13Sports4 mins4 minutes ago

FINAL: Covington 40 Summers Co (WV) 13

Retweeted by Times-News Sports

FINAL: Johnson County 28, Sullivan North 6

great state

Richlands made the plays and bluefield didn't. Simple as that. Bluefield without a few starters tonight too.

I know, I hate that. If Richlands would of had all their starters I believe we could of hung 40 points on that defense.

Brian Woodsonâ€@bdtwoodson4 mins4 minutes ago

Summers County drops to 0-6, falls to Covington 40-13

Brian Woodsonâ€@bdtwoodson3 mins3 minutes ago

Wyoming East wins third in row, stuff River View 35-20

Brian Woodsonâ€@bdtwoodson1 min1 minute ago

Mount View falls to 0-5, loses to Chapmanville 40-12

Brian Woodsonâ€@bdtwoodson50 secs50 seconds ago

Oops: Make that Chapmanville 40, Mount View 14 - forgot the safety

great state

Great win for the Bears, I didn't think they would be up for it.

Last weeks game was an aberration...Union is much better than they showed vs. GC. At full strength, GC still wins the game, but it's much closer than 30. Union is still minus 2 linemen (including their best) but they seem to have compensated for that by coming up with a decent combination for now. They still don't tackle well though.

they are taking a knee... ballgame over 17-10 Norcross

I think the following is the reason ESPN featured this game:

Norcross (GA) vs. North Gwinnett (GA)

Friday, October 3: 7 p.m. on ESPN2 from North Gwinnett High School, Suwanee, Ga.

• Rematch of the Georgia 6A State Championship which Norcross (GA) won
  •  
  • North Gwinnett (GA) finished 13-3 last season and returns senior offensive tackle Mitch Hyatt, No. 17 in the ESPN 300 and Clemson verbal commit, and junior wide receiver Josh Imatorbhebhe, No 162 in the ESPN 300

North Gwinnett football is not for the weak hearted, I don't know how many games they've come from behind this year to win...but you can't make a habit of doing it.

Another game played in GA tonight, that deserves recognition Colquitt 5-0 playing Lowndes 5-0.  Colquitt ranked #6 nationally by USAToday, beat Lowndes 45-21.  ( Colquitt is pronounced as 'call'quitt not 'coal'quitt.  I know because there's a total character on the GA sportsboard I frequent...he reminds everyone how to pronounce the name...lol.)

I know, I hate that. If Richlands would of had all their starters I believe we could of hung 40 points on that defense.

Difference is, Richlands players were out due to injury...Bluefield's were out due to suspension...

Big difference between a doctor's choice and a coach's choice...

Not sure the second option has ever happened at Richlands, especially with a "big" game on the line....

Difference is, Richlands players were out due to injury...Bluefield's were out due to suspension...

Not sure the second option has ever happened at Richlands, especially with a "big" game on the line....

It's happened. Several times. Most recently, it cost us a playoff loss to Cave Spring in 2011.

Its happened many times! Coach Mance is very strict with his players.

yep battle for Gwinnett County. I have cousins who live in Camden Co

Brice Ramsey, the heir apparent to Hutson Mason, QB at Georgia is out of Camden County. Ramsey was coached  in HS by the legendary GA coach, Jeff Herron, a grad of Gate City ...who also played for E&H.

Good read on Ramsey being offered before he played his first down in high school:

http://www.southernpigskin.com/archives/being-brice-ramsey/

Another tidbit on starting college QBs...Blake Sims, starting QB at Alabama and Deshaun Watson, starting QB at Clemson both played for the same high school in GA.....the Red Elephants of Gainesville, GA.

The making of Blake Sims:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11619467/blake-sims-had-many-guiding-hands-road-becoming-alabama-crimson-tide-quarterback

Article on Deshaun Watson just turning 16 and having two more years to play in HS:

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/60996/

Do you care to share the reason in option #2 (coach's choice) the Bluefield players were out due to suspension. Just wondering if it was the same thing I heard this morning. Something to the story of a player cussing the coaching staff & throwing a little temper tantrum on the bluefield sidelines last week. 

Do you care to share the reason in option #2 (coach's choice) the Bluefield players were out due to suspension. Just wondering if it was the same thing I heard this morning. Something to the story of a player cussing the coaching staff & throwing a little temper tantrum on the bluefield sidelines last week. 

Nope. Not sure where you heard that.  Besides they won in a blowout last week, why would they be throwing temper tantrums and cussing the coach???  Your info is very inaccurate...

Nope. Not sure where you heard that.  Besides they won in a blowout last week, why would they be throwing temper tantrums and cussing the coach???  Your info is very inaccurate...

Just what I heard yesterday. I read on another site possibly drug related. Whatever the reason you have to respect Simon for doing it. No individual should ever be held in a higher standard than the team. 

LOL, LOL, and you have the nerve to write "everybody"<---suggesting poor emotional control thinks I write crazy or weird comments? LOL, you do realize you lost me when you wrote about Coach Simons allowing Graham to score in order to score more points.  I think you made that post soon after your comment to my post about Graham and Giles (of which Graham took the state champions pretty deep in the game last year).  LOL, and incredibly, you strike again with a jest that basically claims...Coach Mance is less strict or less of a disciplinarian than Coach Simons?  LOL.   Oh yea, you "keep me around"?  Dude, I don't take your site serious enough to "beg for inclusion."  I have posted perhaps how many times?  20-30?  That's not posting enough to be "kept around."  The fact is...you are the entertainment G-Men.  In conclusion, I think somebody is threatened and that is...someone is worried that yet another team in the mighty Fort surpasses the G-Men like Richlands did 10 years ago and that bothers you.  It's why you hate Richlands and you truly hate the Fort. 

LOL, LOL, and you have the nerve to write "everybody"<---suggesting poor emotional control thinks I write crazy or weird comments? LOL, you do realize you lost me when you wrote about Coach Simons allowing Graham to score in order to score more points.  I think you made that post soon after your comment to my post about Graham and Giles (of which Graham took the state champions pretty deep in the game last year).  LOL, and incredibly, you strike again with a jest that basically claims...Coach Mance is less strict or less of a disciplinarian than Coach Simons?  LOL.   Oh yea, you "keep me around"?  Dude, I don't take your site serious enough to "beg for inclusion."  I have posted perhaps how many times?  20-30?  That's not posting enough to be "kept around."  The fact is...you are the entertainment G-Men.  In conclusion, I think somebody is threatened and that is...someone is worried that yet another team in the mighty Fort surpasses the G-Men like Richlands did 10 years ago and that bothers you.  It's why you hate Richlands and you truly hate the Fort.

One, it's "Simon", not "Simons". He's won more state titles than Fort ever will.

Two, there's a post tracker to the left of each post. You have exactly 30.

Three, you never rebutted the claim that you were punted from TechSideline. Having posted pretty brashly myself on it's sister site, you have to be a special level of deranged to get booted. Getting booted from that site means that you should take some moments of deep reflection to ponder life.

Four, again...seek professional help.