Falcons vs Marion

smiley

I agree vols. Good luck. Hope you all make a deep run in playoffs. Probably wishful thinking you all would look past Falcons after last years beat down. Truly not trying to stir pot. You are 100% correct about most people from Abingdon. A game is a social event, they have however, started to golf clap a little

Abingdon good team, Marion great team from what I have seen.  Again only going on what I have seen first hand.  Marion had explosiveness.  Abingdon did not.  Hard to run on Abingdon.  Hard to Pass on Marion.  I think it will all come down to the weather and who makes mistakes.  But in the end look for Marion to win it by 14-21 points.

Just my thoughts from observations.

Razor, I'm not downing your opinion at all.  Just pointing out the correlation for this weeks predictions to the week of the Richlands predictions.  My opinion is that AHS wins a close game.  One of us is right and one of us is wrong...which is why they call them predictions.  I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, I truly didn't.  I was just saying that I noticed the similarity and I hope its a similar outcome. But of course I hope that, I'm an Abingdon guy. I think home field advantage and the revenge factor make a big enough difference for AHS.  We were down 52-0 at halftime last year...52-0.  Not saying we should have won that game, but I guarantee you that if we had this same coaching staff last year it wouldn't have been 52-0 at half. Marion will be a super tough game, nobody is debating that (well, I'm not at least). Their whole scheme works great.... from what I've seen, the oline chips the d line and then goes straight to the LB's because Wagner can break tackles of a d line that has no chance to create closing speed.  You are looking to gain about 4-5 yards every carry because wagner is to the 2nd level before you know it. This pulls the safeties up to support run d.  That of course opens the passing game up.  Then have Lefler do a read and keep and go around the opposite end off a bootleg.  Mix it up and keep the d guessing.  Having a back Wagners size offers up so many possibilities.  To me, the key is stopping Wagner on first down to create 2nd and 7-8. That's just one aspect.  They have a decent passing game as well.  I don't know how much speed they have (hard to tell on film with who they have played against).  Our previous staff did the exact same thing every.single.game...every.single.year.  Not hard to game plan against that.  A new scheme, a new year, a new staff, new players, new game.  My prediction is AHS 24-Marion 20.  I believe the paper will have Marion picked by 31-26...or something close to that. 

Razor, I'm not downing your opinion at all.  Just pointing out the correlation for this weeks predictions to the week of the Richlands predictions.  My opinion is that AHS wins a close game.  One of us is right and one of us is wrong...which is why they call them predictions.  I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, I truly didn't.  I was just saying that I noticed the similarity and I hope its a similar outcome. But of course I hope that, I'm an Abingdon guy. I think home field advantage and the revenge factor make a big enough difference for AHS.  We were down 52-0 at halftime last year...52-0.  Not saying we should have won that game, but I guarantee you that if we had this same coaching staff last year it wouldn't have been 52-0 at half. Marion will be a super tough game, nobody is debating that (well, I'm not at least). Their whole scheme works great.... from what I've seen, the oline chips the d line and then goes straight to the LB's because Wagner can break tackles of a d line that has no chance to create closing speed.  You are looking to gain about 4-5 yards every carry because wagner is to the 2nd level before you know it. This pulls the safeties up to support run d.  That of course opens the passing game up.  Then have Lefler do a read and keep and go around the opposite end off a bootleg.  Mix it up and keep the d guessing.  Having a back Wagners size offers up so many possibilities.  To me, the key is stopping Wagner on first down to create 2nd and 7-8. That's just one aspect.  They have a decent passing game as well.  I don't know how much speed they have (hard to tell on film with who they have played against).  Our previous staff did the exact same thing every.single.game...every.single.year.  Not hard to game plan against that.  A new scheme, a new year, a new staff, new players, new game.  My prediction is AHS 24-Marion 20.  I believe the paper will have Marion picked by 31-26...or something close to that. 

we have more weapons than wagner we have 3 good WR 2 of them can fly if they make you miss  you will be chasing them toward the end zone I think this game comes down to turnovers both teams have taken care of the ball well to this point I think Marion wins 31-28 but it will be a classic game in this rivalry 

I agree Canes, you have more than Wagner.  But I think it starts with Wagner. Wagner opens up so much for your other skill players. Just like we have more than Jordan.  Having a dual threat offense means a lot to a team and can cause headaches for both.  Jordan had a mediocre (at best) night at Tazewell and AHS still scored 21 points.  That's why I think these 2 teams match up so well....dual threat offenses.  Like you, I think it will be very close but the home field and revenge factors make the difference.

This is going to be a good game. Both teams come in (8-1). I do believe however it will be hard to stop Wagner, but Wagner is not all that we have. We did confuse the heck out of Union on "D", and if we are on our toes we could do it to just about anybody. This game is going to come down to turnovers and field position. Just saying this because Marion has been on a big roll I do think Marion opens it up middle of the third quarter on and wins Big I say 48 to 17.

I agree Canes, you have more than Wagner.  But I think it starts with Wagner. Wagner opens up so much for your other skill players. Just like we have more than Jordan.  Having a dual threat offense means a lot to a team and can cause headaches for both.  Jordan had a mediocre (at best) night at Tazewell and AHS still scored 21 points.  That's why I think these 2 teams match up so well....dual threat offenses.  Like you, I think it will be very close but the home field and revenge factors make the difference.

Two things to consider about that game though was a missed field goal and one penalty that allowed the third score.

Hard to judge Abingdon because I thought they were a passing team but yet they didn't have any passing the second half of the game.

I am liking the Canes in this one--Abingdon know doubt has a great team--showed the Blues that.  Abingdon's biggest threat is their QB to #12 over the middle.  Burned the Blues three times on that play for a TD.  If it is a close game, and the Falcons maintain good field position without scoring a TD,  I am going to give the edge to the Falcons with the kicker Simcox.  He is good.

Well Bristol picked Abingdon which isn't a surprise!

If both teams hang onto the ball and have no turnovers this could really be close. Abingdon playing with confidence which is a huge factor...I think they have a chance. Like I have stated many times after seeing him in person. The QB Sturgill is for real ! Great arm, very good runner, good size for his age, doesn't get rattled or intimidated, and in complete control of the offense. He is the best I have seen in a while. Very good offensive line led by #74 and #77.

I just think over all Marion is the best team here. I think they will score more than the Falcons even at Abingdon. Very good passing and a great Rb! QB is very efficient and doesn't make many mistakes. If there defense can get pressure on Sturgill and hit him...I think they win. It want be easy because Sturgill can and will run but if they can get to him the Falcons will be in trouble.

Razor, actually I am surprised they Picked AHS....especially since they have Marion ahead of AHS in the Super 7.  I agree, Marion is a great team.  Hopefully our Oline can give Sturgill the time he needs.  And hopefully our D can stop Wagner at least on 1st down.  I think it may come down to play calling and turnovers. Oh, and thanks for the shout out.  I appreciate that!

Darren, Randy, whoever the coach is, now would be a good time to tug on the leash a little bit:

https://twitter.com/goldensalsa14/status/530559439699714048

https://twitter.com/FALCONFRENZIE/status/530737523635785728/photo/1

Falconman, on 05 Nov 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:snapback.png

UVANonobserver and Bluelazy, the reason why we've busted more meth labs in our county is because we don't turn a blind eye to illegal practices.  I think its well documented that your area turns a blind eye to a lot of things (Southy has written a ton on that).  I commend our police for getting the job done.  Falconlover, you know deep down you want to be like us.  We have the best town, best band, and by far the best football team this year.  Don't be a hater, be a lover.  I am . . . . . just ask your girlfriend.  Deep down, all of you just wish you could be like the Falcons!  This year has been my fav by far!

The only thing Southy has written on is bathroom stalls

I think he has been at the Shit house potery again.