Richlands @Union

Duke2015

We have all done some boneheaded things before it's part of growing up. If I had been caught doing some things when I was young my Dad would have put the smack down on me big time. The team has to treat it like they would an injury. This stuff happens every year on almost every team at different levels of boneheadedness. The team will grow from this and the young will also in the long run. Best of luck just a bump in the road hopefully.

I don't know the situation, and I still hope Richlands wins the game; however, I hope to see someone who does what they should, have a chance to shine and make a positive impact.I hope the kid who is out learns his lesson, but you have to make the best of a bad situation.

nah youre good. It just seems to be a trend. I mean the QB got suspended, THE QB! Hes supposed to be an example for the rest of the team, a leader. I never played with or saw a QB at Haysi that would do anything that would get him suspended. Now the other guys are going to do stupid things, you just hope they learn from their mistakes and he apparently hasnt.

nah youre good. It just seems to be a trend. I mean the QB got suspended, THE QB! Hes supposed to be an example for the rest of the team, a leader. I never played with or saw a QB at Haysi that would do anything that would get him suspended. Now the other guys are going to do stupid things, you just hope they learn from their mistakes and he apparently hasnt.

Agree completely. I just hope people dont begin to follow the leader

Our best DB out against Richland who has a awesome passing attack great. Lol. Will be fine go bears

Yep, know the feeling, Waldron was an important piece in our D backfield and also on offense, but you just have to hope the next guy up does his job.

You can't really plan for these types of things, especially with what happened with Union's player, you somewhat expect a injury sometime throughout the season, you just hope it is not a season ending type of injury and you hope that it's not one of your star players, but a suspension like this on the week of a big game is not something you expect.

All you can do is hope whoever takes the place of the the injured or suspended player has done his job in preparing to step in and not loose a beat, although to replace a player the caliber of a Waldron or Unions player ( if he is a WR, then he is important ) is tough.

Unions missing piece is a pretty damn HUGE part of the offense and defense. I was hoping no Union fan would get on here an post about it, but I guess not. Unions fans, DO NOT POST CRAP LIKE THAT. No need in letting the opponent know ahead of time. I know it sounds callus, but I am a believer in letting the coaches let the world know who is suspended, not forum posters.

That is a nice thought but didn't there starting QB miss all of preseason due to a similar issue?

One time is a Fluke 2 times is a trend.

Counts, the QB missed the preseason because of a stupid decision that harmed no one. It was in regards to firecrackers in the parking lot.

The most recent issue is something that I would wager every single person on here did while in high school. I am not posting names or what happened, only that anyone who acts like they were perfect angels in high school are lying lol. 

You can PM me and I will fill you in, we go way back to the LPD Forum days.

Counts, the QB missed the preseason because of a stupid decision that harmed no one. It was in regards to firecrackers in the parking lot.

The most recent issue is something that I would wager every single person on here did while in high school. I am not posting names or what happened, only that anyone who acts like they were perfect angels in high school are lying lol. 

You can PM me and I will fill you in, we go way back to the LPD Forum days.

I know what he did and I can say whole heartedly that I did not do anything like that in high school.

As far as discussing suspensions and such, that stuff was all over the community before I saw it on here. It was out, no one on here let the cat out of the bag to the Richlands coaches

I know what he did and I can say whole heartedly that I did not do anything like that in high school.

As far as discussing suspensions and such, that stuff was all over the community before I saw it on here. It was out, no one on here let the cat out of the bag to the Richlands coaches

You know what the kid who is suspended tomorrow did? That was what I was referring to, not the firecracker stuff, which was incredibly stupid. He knew better, even if it was a high school prank, your leader has to know better.

The Bears have a very deep team this season and, just like last year, will play a lot of kids during the course of a game; losing players for health, grades, or disciplinary reasons will be a part of every week's preparation.  Doing without a key senior against the Blues may become an adverse factor for the Bears but I actually think some of the young talent that is waiting on the bench may surprise the Union fans in a very positive way.  If the kid I think should take the senior's place gets the opportunity, it might be the visiting fans bemoaning his absence.  I really do think the Bears have a good football team this year, but my favorite part of this squad is the amazing young depth - I hope several get a chance sooner than later to show off their potential!  

I've heard about what happened. Got to keep your nose clean.

And the fireworks issue was extremely boneheaded. 

We are close to the same age DJ, you and I both know that what hte most recent issue is went on while we were in school. 

The rumors are everywhere just like always. The first post on here about it didn't come from a Union poster. Once it's out it's out. Confirming a missing player, for whatever reason,isn't going to make a difference in the game. I would be VERY surprised if Coach Mance would devise his whole game plan based on what is posted on a forum anyway, true or not.

With that being said my only concern would be to avoid mentioning names and deeds. I don't want to see any player run down regardless of past transgressions. They're just kids and kids make mistakes. Sometimes the same ones over and over. Heck, I knew a guy that had 8 car accidents before he graduated high school.

The game will turn out the way it is supposed to. If we lose and meet Richlands again then that will just be another weapon they won't be prepared for.

You know what the kid who is suspended tomorrow did? That was what I was referring to, not the firecracker stuff, which was incredibly stupid. He knew better, even if it was a high school prank, your leader has to know better.

I know why hes not playing in tomorrow nights game (9/4/2015).

Unions missing piece is a pretty damn HUGE part of the offense and defense. I was hoping no Union fan would get on here an post about it, but I guess not. Unions fans, DO NOT POST CRAP LIKE THAT. No need in letting the opponent know ahead of time. I know it sounds callus, but I am a believer in letting the coaches let the world know who is suspended, not forum posters.

I know he was a huge part of the offense and defense, and so was Waldron for us, the point being that there is nothing that can be done about it now except to hope that the next kid steps up and does his job and hopefully the kid in question learns his lesson.

As far as it being posted on here, I don't think that it being posted on here would make a difference as to how the blues coaches would approch the game. I'm sure they would have heard about it from somewhere else. With the way the world is now with social media, nothing stays a secret very long.

But I do understand how you feel. There are times that I may know stuff that very few if any may know, but I don't post it until I see that it has gotten out to the public by another means.