Richlands @Union

Duke2015

I don't think its appropriate to mention the kids name on here.. I just think we should stick to football and leave the off the field stuff out.

Don't take my asking the wrong way, I wasn't asking about what happened, but if it's confirmed that the individual isn't going to play, we are going to find out Friday either way and I was just curious.

I don't know the details. I don't need to know but it will probably come out soon knowing how rumors spread here.

That said, you have to learn to keep your nose clean. Hopefully he can learn from whatever happened.

I'm looking forward to a great game either way though!

That's right. Just like we did when Waldron went down......you can't make excuses. The next man in line gets his chance to step up and help the TEAM. I hate it happened but I will be pulling for the young man. I agree with others....we do not need to know the circumstances around it. It just makes it harder on everybody it concerns especially the young man and his family.

Should still be a close game, but I still think turnovers will decide it. I just hope the suspended player doesn't come back to haunt them.

Hopefully he will come back strong with his head on straight, anyone on here know anything about coming back from a suspension?...

We have all done some boneheaded things before it's part of growing up. If I had been caught doing some things when I was young my Dad would have put the smack down on me big time. The team has to treat it like they would an injury. This stuff happens every year on almost every team at different levels of boneheadedness. The team will grow from this and the young will also in the long run. Best of luck just a bump in the road hopefully.

We have all done some boneheaded things before it's part of growing up. If I had been caught doing some things when I was young my Dad would have put the smack down on me big time. The team has to treat it like they would an injury. This stuff happens every year on almost every team at different levels of boneheadedness. The team will grow from this and the young will also in the long run. Best of luck just a bump in the road hopefully.

He's a great kid, just made a bad decision. He'll make it through. If there is a positive maybe the team rally's around it and digs down just a bit deeper.

I think Richlands wins this game in the trenches. I think our offensive and defensive lines has the edge.

Then of course secondly........the next key will be our dbs against Unions amazing recievers. I don't think Unions qb is going to have a lot of time to go through three or four progressions.

We do have depth at the skill positions and would love to know if a lot of Unions players play both ways. Our guys do rotate in and out frequently.

Depending on the offensive formations run, there could be anywhere from 4 to 6 playing both ways. No doubt this missing player will have an impact. More on offense than defense IMO. I don't think it will make a difference in the outcome unless it is a single score where people would say if ________ had been playing that wouldn't have happened. Guess that's always possible.

Man you sure hate to see this before what could be the biggest game in the regular season, but it does happen just as injuries happen. Just like others on here have said, you just hope the young man learns from this and also the rest of the young men on the team. Hopefully it may make all of the young men on the team think before they make a bad decision that could lead to the same result.

Both teams are now missing important parts to their team for this game, but they are both talented and well coached so it should be a great game never the less.

Hopefully they will meet again in the playoffs and both will be 100%.

Hopefully it may make all of the young men on the team think before they make a bad decision that could lead to the same result.

That is a nice thought but didn't there starting QB miss all of preseason due to a similar issue?

One time is a Fluke 2 times is a trend.

True but the issues were not similar whatsoever

Irresponsible, knucklehead behavior has become a trend down there.  I truly hope he gets his head on straight.

Oh and my earlier post about coming back from a suspension was directed toward our most recent recipient of THE HAMMER!!!

Yeah my 12 year old son who likes to get on here and talk football to all you guys, had to quit letting him post anything on here because I guess his football IQ isn't up to par with some of the guys, so good luck to everyone friday night see you there.