Rant for BSG

Ryan4VT

Let me preface this by saying that I've never had a bad experience with people in Big Stone Gap. And that includes football games, my bands playing at the Edge, or in this board.

My family broke down on the way to the game, just outside of Norton. My grandpa and his brother went walking the 2 miles back to Magic Mart. A nice younger guy saw them and took them to the store to get parts and brought them back. In this time, a county cop passed our car with our flashers on and our hood up and didn't stop to offer assistance. We got the car fixed and went on to the game.

At halftime, my grandfather and his brother went out to check on the car again to see if we needed to get my dad to come get us after the game. When they attempted to get back in, they were told they would have to pay again.

My grandfather told them that was an absurd policy and the man running the gate called the cops over. He explained that we were 80 miles from home and he came to look at the car to make sure we could get home and that they wouldn't let him back in. The cops reply to him?

"If you don't like the way we do things here, you can go back to Richlands"

That is NO way for an officer of the law to act to visiting people. It's absolutely DISGUSTING that he was treated that way. At one point there were 3 cops around him. And they all tried to be "big bad cop" and make sure he felt looked down on.

I know at Richlands, visiting fans would not be treated with such distain.

This seriously makes me question weather I want to return to BSG anymore if that is the way the town/police go about their business.

I thought at halftime it's free? I have never liked how that bunch runs their gate. Every place I have been to but Big Stone will let fans leave and return. As for police in Richlands. They are very nice and will joke around about how the outcome of a game will be.

My sister had trouble with getting back in last year after getting something for her daughter from the car and we are Union supporters. I don't think it was where you are a visitor.

Second , a lot of our officers in Big Stone are big headed jerks who look to write a ticket for anything. I have my suspicions of which one it was who talked to you that way.

Third, I was on lunch at 6 and I work in Norton. If I had been able to, I would have PMed you and found you and given you all a ride to the store.

Finally, I apologize on their behalf.

My sister had trouble with getting back in last year after getting something for her daughter from the car and we are Union supporters. I don't think it was where you are a visitor.

Second , a lot of our officers in Big Stone are big headed jerks who look to write a ticket for anything. I have my suspicions of which one it was who talked to you that way.

Third, I was on lunch at 6 and I work in Norton. If I had been able to, I would have PMed you and found you and given you all a ride to the store.

Finally, I apologize on their behalf.

Like I said, I've never had a problem with any of the fans either on here or at the games. It's just sad that law officers act like that.

I do know anytime I go to games out east they follow the vhsl rules( according to hopewell principal)paying to get back in, every time

At Richlands we give you half of your ticket back so you can get back in. And if we don't do that, we stamp you when you go out.

The cops in BSG are a joke Ryan and sorry for your troubles. My dad, a 69 year old disabled,  retired coal miner and Vietnam vet was ran out of his handicap parking place by one of those pricks so a WCYB vehicle could park. Needless to say I got a summons for court for disorderly conduct after i told him my opinion. I assure you it wasn't a rule just for Richlands people and even though i didn't have anything to do with it I apologize for the stupid money hungry people that run the school and attend the gates.

We also had problems going to this union game. We didn't have a problem as much as the fans around us. They called us a holes and told us to go back to f***ing Richlands. After the game they told me and my family to our face to f*** richlands,we whipped yalls a**, and a couple more rude and awful things. I love the game and this was a great game but the fans made this wonderful game a painful experience for my family. Doubtful I'll ever go back again. Icing on top of cake is the little boy spouting out the same cursing and every laughing about it. No class at all

I hear what everyone is saying, but if you think the same things don't get said to visiting fans everywhere you go you're mistaken. Unfortunately every town has those few "exceptions" that make everyone else look bad. We all know what they say about bad apples. TRUE fans will never badmouth a visiting team or after a win, TRUE fans realize that these are 15-17 year old kids playing a game and giving everything they've got to entertain US. Also, I'm sorry about the situation with the local police. It's a shame but like most local cops they like to show their authority a little to much. I don't understand the repaying thing myself if you have a ticket stub. My father has medical issues and has needed to go out to his vehicle a few times and gets the same treatment. Again, don't classify Union fans as rude. 99% of us are hardworking, honest people who just love our kids and our Union football!

I hate that some of you guys had a bad experience with some cops and fans. It does happen at places. A Richlands teenager called my wife a bi*** last year after the game as we were walking to our cars. I didn't judge Richlands by him, and it won't stop me from going up there next year.

I had a nice after game conversation with a couple of guys from Richlands that were parked near me last night. It was a hyped up game and sometimes emotions get the better of people. Richlands/Union has been a series of very close and competitive games. I just hope that it doesn't turn into a "heated" rivalry where everybody hates each other.

I hate to hear that some of us from Richlands had some bad experiences last night,  such a shame after such a good,tough ball game between the 2 !!  All I can say is I was blessed enough to interact with several Union fans that were very nice and respectful.  I know all fanbases have a few that can make the whole group look bad,  including ours.  I know we have / had a reputation for having some bad fans ourselves and so I never try to judge a whole fan base on the actions of a few.

The actions of the local police is something that is totally uncalled for.  They are suppose to be there to Protect and Serve ALL,  not just who they decide.

ibleedblue,  I hate you and your family had to put up with such A-holes and it ruined what should have been a great night.  One of these days,  fans like the ones that you interacted with may run into the wrong fan and say the wrong thing to the wrong guy and maybe then they will learn a lesson !

Like I said on here before every fan base has its resident jacknuts (jacka$$ combo nutjob). I'm a Richlands fan and I've met most of ours. Last night the young folks that were selling the half and half tickets were wonderful very polite and respectful. I've never ran into a GC jacknut but 2 years ago I saw a couple of Union's but they were teenagers. Over the years I've been around between 20,000 to 30,000 Union/PV fans and have met a total of 2 or 3 jacknuts. That's a very good ratio in my book. I've have more jacknuts in my own family LOL.

If you ever have a run in with a police officer get their badge number and file a complaint and also record the interaction if at all possible. 

Every school in the Valley charges to re-enter until the end of the 3rd quarter.  As far as the comments about the police, there are always 2 sides of every story and you are hearing only one.  There is usually a good reason people have interactions with law enforcement. 

Like I said on here before every fan base has its resident jacknuts (jacka$$ combo nutjob). I'm a Richlands fan and I've met most of ours. Last night the young folks that were selling the half and half tickets were wonderful very polite and respectful. I've never ran into a GC jacknut but 2 years ago I saw a couple of Union's but they were teenagers. Over the years I've been around between 20,000 to 30,000 Union/PV fans and have met a total of 2 or 3 jacknuts. That's a very good ratio in my book. I've have more jacknuts in my own family LOL.

If you ever have a run in with a police officer get their badge number and file a complaint and also record the interaction if at all possible. 

jacknuts.....I like it.