Virginia @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

As a fan of both teams I have a different take on this game. I think Va High has too many factors in their favor this year for the following reasons:

1. It is homecoming week and RHS usually plays fairly flat in this week of the season.

2. Va HIgh has had 2 weeks to rest and prepare.

3. Va High Will be" Up "for this game remembering what happened the last time they played at the Ernie.

4. The addition of the transfer running back from Abingdon who ran all over RHS last year.

5 Sewell is back and RHS doesn't have anyone in the secondary who can cover him much less he and Watkins

both. One will have to be double teamed while the other will run wild.

6. RHS will be hard pressed to pass against Va Highs secondary.

With all this in mind and to the dismay of my family and friends in Richlands, I think this game is going to shock many . VHS by 21

Richlands secondary could cover those guys with one leg tied behind their back. . .

I agreed with everything Ryan said. Stating a player by name in the fashion Ryan did is not over the line in my opinion. Saying one is better than another is something that happens all the time. By your logic we can't even have a pickem contest because we are calling out a school by name. I could care less if you like to see us lose or not. That's what happens when you win as long as we have. The boys and coaches and football community work very hard at fielding a good team and having fans that go to great lengths to support their team.

I actually think it is great that Grundy is doing good this year. The boys must feel great and deserve some praise. I don't know why it offended you but it obviously did. That's what we do here. If it was all mushy and lovey dovey we would all quit it.

I hope your Wave can get another win Friday......I would love to see them do it. I know a lot of people hope we don't win another game and that's just the way it is. I will try and defend Richlands and its posters if possible and call them out if they are wrong. I have did both and received both. I don't think Ryan was wrong

Yep..... A person post their opinion and that's the response they get? I'm all for a little trash talking but that seemed to go a little over board. We all understand Richlands is a very good team but to read the post from last weeks Central game and this weeks game so far, one would think RIchlands was the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl. Plus calling kids out by name was a nice touch.

Pardon me for asking, but what has been said that makes it look like we as Richlands fans think "the Blues are the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl " ? Do we think the Blues are a good AA high school football team, yes we do, a very good AA high school team, probably one of the top 5 AA teams in the state but I think that's about as far as it goes.

Nobody from Central seemed to have a problem with anything we said. Did we say something that wasn't true or disrespectful towards them ?............did we run down Central, no we didn't. Most of us on here that are Blues fans try to be very respectful of the teams we play.

One thing we do do is stick up for our guys and are proud fans, as should everyone be of their home team. I guess that gets under some other fanbases skin, but I for one will never apologize for sticking up for our boys. That's all Ryan and Razor did, and gave their opinion on what tornadocat stated. tornado cat has every right to give his opinion on how he thinks this game will go, but when you do give an opinion such as he did, don't be surprised when a Blues fan doesn't agree with that opinion.

Ryan didn't bring up a name that the other poster ( tornadocat ) didn"t bring up first and he defended his team and was giving his opinion of what the other poster stated.

It wont be too many more weeks until you can give your opinion on how bad Grundy will beat the Blues...........and that's your right to do so, just as it will be ours to give an oposing view, after all, that's what we're on here for.

As a fan of both teams I have a different take on this game. I think Va High has too many factors in their favor this year for the following reasons:

1. It is homecoming week and RHS usually plays fairly flat in this week of the season.

2. Va HIgh has had 2 weeks to rest and prepare.

3. Va High Will be" Up "for this game remembering what happened the last time they played at the Ernie.

4. The addition of the transfer running back from Abingdon who ran all over RHS last year.

5 Sewell is back and RHS doesn't have anyone in the secondary who can cover him much less he and Watkins

both. One will have to be double teamed while the other will run wild.

6. RHS will be hard pressed to pass against Va Highs secondary.

With all this in mind and to the dismay of my family and friends in Richlands, I think this game is going to shock many . VHS by 21

Are you Southbound's less humorous cousin?

This just in from the BHC...

Dateline September 24, 2015

In a move that can only be described as inevitable, the Virginia High School football team has decided to forfeit their game this Friday versus Richlands.  In reports just received from the VHS staff, they decided to forfeit the game after discovering that "99%" of the SWVASPORTS followers deemed this contest as not winnable; a frivolous exercise in futility.   

This move was not well received by the Bearcat players however.  Reports from the locker room indicated that the actual players believe that games are won or lost on the field, not on message boards.  Apparently, many "grownups" have decided otherwise. 

"Earlier in the week it was a toss up among our staff if we should play or not", said an unnamed staff member.  "But then we heard that Richland players had posted message board comments in their lockers.  Well, OH NELLIE, we knew then that all bets were off". 

Other reports indicated that while VHS does have very capable athletes and a stable coaching staff, that the VHSL sent a letter to VHS warning that a trip to Richlands would void their insurance, cause infertility, and may well be the beginning of the long expected "end of days".  VHSL spokesperson Mary Tornadoski denied that a letter had been sent specifically to VHS with these warnings.  She explained that the letter was sent to all VHSL participants who may have the unfortunate luck to be scheduled against Richlands.

The U.S. Postal Service confirmed that the letter sent to Union High School had been undeliverable, "marked as return to sender". They had no further comment about the matter a this time.

Rumors abound concerning this situation.  One report surfaced just moments ago that the players have found a bus driver, a large contingent of supporters, and plan on making the pilgrimage north.  Another report is that they have taken a page from the Richlands playbook and have posted online comments in their lockers, just in case their is any truth to that old myth.

Please follow BHC for breaking details.

This just in from the BHC...

Dateline September 24, 2015

Reports from the locker room indicated that the actual players believe that games are won or lost on the field, not on message boards.  

Obviously wasn't the case with Graham......

Ahhhhh Bob........you so funny !   That was good I have to admit,  maybe just a tad over the top but good never the less !  We finally have some fun happening again,  although to act like we think the Blues are unbeatable is a little much since we have already lost 1 game,  we just actually think they are ALMOST unbeatable.

I think next year we are planning on scheduling the Steelers, Ravens, and Dallas, and maybe schedule the Patriots as our homecoming game,  I'm hoping that since M.Compton played for them that maybe he can help get that done.

I just hope we don't have a week off before we play in the super bowl either this year or next because there are just too many distractions for high school kids.