Graham @ Union

BigWinners

I don't think the trash talking is that big of a deal. Just cause a team talks trash should not label them as having bad sportsmanship. It happens in every game, it is just harder for the fans to hear or see it in a football game. It was a high school playoff football game in a competitive and exciting atmosphere. I would be more shocked if there wasn't any trash talking going on.

Trash talking is alright as long as your not cheering for an injury or flipping off fans. I never get on here and say anything negative about any players or any of your guys posts because it's your opinion, but that was the worst class I've ever seen a team show. When they were walking off the field at halftime some of the players were telling the others to run over the fans if they were in the way and one cursed at an elderly man. I know it was only a couple of individuals but the coaches were right there and didn't say a word to them, so maybe that's were the problem starts. On a positive note Cousins is better than advertised, he is the best running back I've seen in person since the Jones kids and the QB isn't bad either.

GO BEARS

I didnt go to the Union/Graham game so I cant speak about the trash talking that went on there but I will say this fire and intensity are great but embarrassing behavior is not. I dont care how fired up you are, dont embarrass yourself, your team or your community.  Thats something teams from the East do, West teams dont carry on like that

Contain and control that emotion and use it

Yep starting Graham d couldn't stop backup qb or rb for Tazewell. Don't forget Cook had a long td run in the first offensive play after that. Graham didn't take starters out last year either, I remember some whining from Gmen fans about not developing young talent last year under Williams. I wonder why it's different now?

I guess some of you guys only saw the planting of the flag by Tazewell, not the warmup taunting from Graham standing at the 50 yelling "want some, come get some" lol. I would have rather seen Tazewell not do that in retaliation, but heck, don't take anything off anybody! If you don't go witness all the stuff, you might want to ask somebody that was there. Pretty sure they did the same at Richlands.

Boys will be Boys.  That's what the officials are for, to keep that stuff in check.

Hey Graham fans,  is the injury he got against Union similar to the one he had vs Richlands ?  Just wondering if it could be an ongoing type injury.  I sure hope not because you hate to see a kid with his kind of talent have any kind of lingering injury.

He's a beast and has a chance to play at some level on Saturdays so I hope it's not a recurring type of thing. 

He went out on the drive that Graham tied the score at 21...Union outscored Graham 28-0 with him on the bench...

That's right. Graham tied the game a couple plays after he went out...when he left it was 21-14. Even if he doesn't get injured, I don't see Graham winning. On the other hand, if #50 for Union doesn't get injured, I don't see Cousin running wild like he did after #50 was out.

Hey Graham fans,  is the injury he got against Union similar to the one he had vs Richlands ?  Just wondering if it could be an ongoing type injury.  I sure hope not because you hate to see a kid with his kind of talent have any kind of lingering injury.

He's a beast and has a chance to play at some level on Saturdays so I hope it's not a recurring type of thing. 

No.

He went out on the drive that Graham tied the score at 21...Union outscored Graham 28-0 with him on the bench...

This is correct.  Graham scored on a pass play on that drive, after he went out.  

As for Cousin being recruited.... yes, Virginia Tech, among others.  He had an official visit to Tech a few weeks back.  Has interest from some other D 1 schools, as well.  He is a special player, plays hard every play....fun to watch  

Graham has all of their skill players returning.  They will need to replace the QB and a couple of linemen.  They have some quality backups at QB, so they have options there.   Lineplay???  Not sure what's coming up....but with the speed and athleticism returning to Graham next year...  they should light up the scoreboard.  Just hope the defense keeps improving, they may be a contender.

Will Meade play qb? Or go with Allen or the other freshman?

I would keep Meade where he's at, Graham will be more dangerous with Cooper at QB and Allen and Meade running or catching the ball...in my opinion.  However, he does have experience at QB and he is a good qb.   Cooper and Allen are capable athletes at other positions as well.  That is going to be a tough decision to make next fall, don't envy the coaches there.  

Personally, I'd like to see T. Cooke get more touches....like getting him the ball on a jet sweep or something...not just targeting him a few times each game.  He has breakaway speed (faster than Cousin).  

I like Israel Harris as well... that kid plays hard and is undersized, but is in on a lot of plays on Defense and is another dangerous weapon to have on offense.

Graham will have a plethora of weapons on offense next season.....gotta shore up that defense, though.  Hopefully a couple of kids that like the contact will step up and play on D.

Meade, Cooke, Allen, Harris, Cousin, Cooper, Ballard, Booker, ....all athletes, that have good hands and good speed....  Ton of potential there. 

Would like to see the I formation a little more with Vineyard leading the way for Cousin and Vineyard possibly getting the ball in short yardage situations, too.

Can't wait to see how it plays out next season.

As for Cousin being recruited.... yes, Virginia Tech, among others.  He had an official visit to Tech a few weeks back.  Has interest from some other D 1 schools, as well.  He is a special player, plays hard every play....fun to watch  

If Cousin is a junior he did not take an official visit to Tech.

If Cousin is a junior he did not take an official visit to Tech.

Stripes is right, if Cousins has taken an official visit, its against NCAA rules. He might have been on campus and visited the staff, but what is declared an official visit can only be taken during a senior season, even if its the first day of an athlete's senior year.

It wasn't an official visit...although the Graham radio announcers said it was, and we all know how accurate they are.

He was there on an unofficial visit...like a hundred of others were...to get an introduction tour and see a game earlier in the season.