Postseason conference tournaments

swva_havok_fan

Tomorrow's schedule: @unionladybears JV against Lebanon at 6pm and varsity against Ridgeview at 7:30 at Ridgeview.

And @UBearBasketball will face Gate City in the boys championship at Gate City at 7:30pm.

great state

Timesland Retweeted

James River ends their boys basketball season with a lost to Glenvar 69-46.

Rural Retreat has nine wrestlers in the #VHSL 1A state finals on Saturday. #HCWR

great state

BOYS BASKETBALL (Conf. 38 semis) Glenvar 69, James River 46 -- Final. #timesland Chris Dishon (GLE) 23 pts. Glenvar vs. Martinsville Sat. 7:45

J-99 Sports Retweeted

Eastside 66 Twin Springs 37 after 3

After three quarters: Eastside 66, Twin Springs 37. Derrick Cusano has 20 points for Eastside. #hcbb

Eight minutes left in the legendary coaching career of John McCrary it appears. #HCBB #VHSL

great state

Times-News Sports Retweeted

Times-News Sports Retweeted

Johnson Co. boys v Sullivan South boys: Final Score (37-50)

great state

Kevin Mays

shared Lloyd Combs's post.

Lloyd Combs

45 mins · Bristol, VA ·

Grundy has mathematically clinched its state record 19th Group 2A team title and has eight wrestlers in the finals after all 12 reached tonight's semifinals. The Golden Wave leads second-place Clarke County (which has 3 finalists) 174-80
Elliott Pedigo (170 pound weight class) will go for his third state title; Andy Webb (120), Maverick Coleman (132) and Jacob McNutt their second and Wes Belcher (126), freshmen Gabe Fiser (138) and Derick Endicott (152) and Tristan Bonds (182) are after their first state crown.
Brandon Owens (106), Cullen Nash-Cleek (195), Tyler Scarberry (220) and Michael McCowan (285) are in the consolations in the morning.

great state

Final, Eastside 83, Twin Springs 42 in Cumberland Boys Semis. #CoalfieldBBB

Final: Eastside 83, Twin Springs 42. #hcbb

Eastside and Burton boys and girls teams will play Saturday in the Cumberland championships #CoalfieldBB

Cumberland girls champ. will start Saturday at about 6:30 p.m. with boys to follow. #CoalfieldBB

Jim Sacco Retweeted

Honaker 60 Hurley 46 in the CRC semis finals! Tigers will play Twin Valley for the championship tomorrow at 6pm at Honaker. #HCBB #338plus1

great state

If you would have told me starting play tonight that both Central and Gate City would be the two CMC teams ending their season tonight, I would have died laughing.  Never would have thought it.

I know it was just girls playing at Ridgeview tonight, but the gym was a near sell out.  Very impressed with the crowd tonight.

I know Union and Gate City folks get grief on the board... but the WORST fans in the Mountain are by FAR Central.  In football and tonight both, their fans both in person and on social media are all classless jerks.  Ecstatic we ended their season.

The Ridgeview boys team began doing Monmouth inspired celebrations in the stands tonight as the Lady Pack began to pull away.  It was every bit as epic as you can imagine.

If you would have told me starting play tonight that both Central and Gate City would be the two CMC teams ending their season tonight, I would have died laughing.  Never would have thought it.

I know it was just girls playing at Ridgeview tonight, but the gym was a near sell out.  Very impressed with the crowd tonight.

I know Union and Gate City folks get grief on the board... but the WORST fans in the Mountain are by FAR Central.  In football and tonight both, their fans both in person and on social media are all classless jerks.  Ecstatic we ended their season.

The Ridgeview boys team began doing Monmouth inspired celebrations in the stands tonight as the Lady Pack began to pull away.  It was every bit as epic as you can imagine.

Yeah for the most part, Wise fans are dicks. They despise Union, and are just some of the smarmiest bastards around. Its a good year when Big Stone beats Wise in football and boys basketball, that's the natural pecking order of Wise County ha

What dealing I had with individuals from pound, I can I didn't meet one arrogant or a hole in the bunch,

jj Kelly on the other hand, well let's just say a basketball summer camp game ended early with 2 techs and an almost fight between walker and kelly.

We were rough, we knew it, and we didn't take bs.

FINAL WARNING!!!  I'D HATE FOR YOU TO MISS THE REST OF THE POST-SEASON...

Yeah for the most part, Wise fans are dicks. They despise Union, and are just some of the smarmiest bastards around. Its a good year when Big Stone beats Wise in football and boys basketball, that's the natural pecking order of Wise County ha

AND YOUR FINAL WARNING AS WELL...

I'm from Wise but not a classless jerk.. Every town has bad apples. I think what the problem is that once a program has success  in winning a couple seasons the fans think they are entitled to that year in and year out. They don't get that emotional rush and euphoria of winning and whine and fuss and lash out, etc... Think this is common all across America in college, pro and high school sports.. Maturity says your team is not going to win every time. Look for the good and be gracious in defeat. Lot's of folks I know don't enjoy attending high school sports because of the poor sportsmanship displayed by adults in the bleachers. Every team will come up short and get beat. But life goes on...

After watching Madison County dismantle the Shenandoah District Champ (East Rock) last night, I am now more convinced than ever that the state champ will come from the East.  George Mason beat Madison 2-3 times this year and Madison is far and away better than anyone else I have seen (besides Mason).  Madison has a tough game v. Bluestone Tuesday so their season could end a game short of the state tourney.  Mason plays at home until the region finals.  They should walk to that game.  Martinsville lost their PG, or so I heard at the game last night. 

I am looking forward to the crossover games this year. I hope Graham, Richlands, Union, or GC is better than I think they are and make me eat my words.

I'm from Wise but not a classless jerk.. Every town has bad apples. I think what the problem is that once a program has success  in winning a couple seasons the fans think they are entitled to that year in and year out. They don't get that emotional rush and euphoria of winning and whine and fuss and lash out, etc... Think this is common all across America in college, pro and high school sports.. Maturity says your team is not going to win every time. Look for the good and be gracious in defeat. Lot's of folks I know don't enjoy attending high school sports because of the poor sportsmanship displayed by adults in the bleachers. Every team will come up short and get beat. But life goes on...

People have to remember that somebody's son or daughter is out there playing. I've been guilty of getting excited during the games. But at the end of the day, these kids are only 14-17 years old on average. 

There are fan bases that I honestly don't care much for. Every school has the group who makes the whole fan base look like idiots. Some schools have the player or players who ruin it for the rest of the team by embarrassing the community. 

I am originally a Union fan. Some of you know why I have a Central avatar. I will say that the Central crowd has been very warm and welcoming to me. I will support Union, Central, Burton, and Eastside. I will support Richlands and the kids at Gate City. I will support Graham. Some fan bases do turn me off but at the end of the day, these are just kids and we need to respect that. Let them play. The players are still somebody's son or daughter who is probably no different than your own child, other than the fact that they go to a different school.

I would like to see the trophy come to the west.

After watching Madison County dismantle the Shenandoah District Champ (East Rock) last night, I am now more convinced than ever that the state champ will come from the East. George Mason beat Madison 2-3 times this year and Madison is far and away better than anyone else I have seen (besides Mason). Madison has a tough game v. Bluestone Tuesday so their season could end a game short of the state tourney. Mason plays at home until the region finals. They should walk to that game. Martinsville lost their PG, or so I heard at the game last night.

I am looking forward to the crossover games this year. I hope Graham, Richlands, Union, or GC is better than I think they are and make me eat my words.

Not saying Mavahi will win any thing, but unless he got lost on his way home last night the Dogs pg was fine and healthy as of 9:30 last night. The Dogs have alot of games to worry about before they get to the east participants. The only east team we played last year was Greensville Co and we pulled away in the 2nd half to win by 15-18 and have 7 of our top 8 players back. But we have got to get by Appo, GC, Union and Graham and also DR and Richlands before the east comes around. But first comes Glenvar tonight. Wish the GC-Union game was on tv so I could dvr it and watch when I get home. Good luck to all teams left, especially the Dogs on their search for # 15.

Halftime of Cumberland Girls Final in Wise: @jibraiderslive 24, @eastsidevalive 13. Burton has forced 19 turnovers. #HCBG

FINAL Group 2A state wrestling results: 1. Grundy 229.5, 2. #ClarkeCounty 106, 3. Strasburg 89

great state