Giles vs Bluefield

SWVAgridiron

Though this is just a benefit game these are 2 teams that people have been wanting to match up. Unfortunately for Giles this game couldn't happen earlier and now that they are rebuilding they get to face off with one of the top teams in WV. Still should be fun to watch!

If I was Giles I would be scared of collier and reed but also I watched the highlights of the FB against Christianburg and that boy is a load up the middle. If that Richlands transfer is decent at all at QB then Bluefield might score 50 a game

If I was Giles I would be scared of collier and reed but also I watched the highlights of the FB against Christianburg and that boy is a load up the middle. If that Richlands transfer is decent at all at QB then Bluefield might score 50 a game

Scared? Are you freaking kidding me?

They are fast for sure but why in the world should Giles be scared of these 2 players? Do they have magical powers or something I don't know about?

I just want to see our boys compete....if Bluefield wins the benefit game(which they probably should) then big freaking deal...both teams will still be 0-0 when the regular season starts next week.

Bluefield has a ton of talent and I was impressed with them against CBurg but they aren't Oscar Smith or someone that good

That Richlands/Bluefield matchup will resemble TCU/Baylor from the past few years....

Scared? Are you freaking kidding me?

They are fast for sure but why in the world should Giles be scared of these 2 players? Do they have magical powers or something I don't know about?

I just want to see our boys compete....if Bluefield wins the benefit game(which they probably should) then big freaking deal...both teams will still be 0-0 when the regular season starts next week.

Bluefield has a ton of talent and I was impressed with them against CBurg but they aren't Oscar Smith or someone that good

1. Yes, scared that they have the (magic?) power to break one off anytime either touches the ball.

2. Not freaking kidding you.

3. I said "if I was Giles," not "if I was an overzealous message board poster."

4. I never said they were as good, hypothetically, as Oscar Smith or the Green Bay Packers but they are good enough to hang 50 on every defense they play.

1. Yes, scared that they have the (magic?) power to break one off anytime either touches the ball.

2. Not freaking kidding you.

3. I said "if I was Giles," not "if I was an overzealous message board poster."

4. I never said they were as good, hypothetically, as Oscar Smith or the Green Bay Packers but they are good enough to hang 50 on every defense they play.

1. So a great player or two is something to be "scared" of? LOL

2. I think you ARE kidding me

3. I am Giles and I can promise you our kids ARE NOT scared of either of them...should I call coach Williams tonight and tell him to not show up Friday because our players may be scared of a couple guys with great speed?

4. Even if they put 50 on Giles Friday big deal...it's a scrimmage...they will still be 0-0 when they play Graham next Friday

5. Just wondering but who is your team? Are you a legit Bluefield fan or a fan of someone else?

I'm interested to see how the lineplay works out for Bluefield.  Giles is usually well coached at the line of scrimmage.  In the little bit of video I watched of the C Burg vs. Bluefield scrimmage, it looked like C Burg was able to move the ball a little with the running game.  Curious to see how Giles does against that defense.  That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bluefield break some long scoring plays... but Giles is extremely well coached on the defensive side of the ball.  We all know that Reed and Collier can break one on any given play, it's the rest of the plays that I want to see....

Truck is a load to bring down and he was in little league football when I watched him.  For Bluefield it's still going to start up front and if they can get good play from the line, then that will help give the backs room to run and make plays.  Like I've stated before I''m still not sold on how good Bluefield will be this year because they've struggled with consistency the last few years.  They'll have speed and athleticism a plenty, but getting them to play consistently on both side of the ball will be key for this season.

1. So a great player or two is something to be "scared" of? LOL

2. I think you ARE kidding me

3. I am Giles and I can promise you our kids ARE NOT scared of either of them...should I call coach Williams tonight and tell him to not show up Friday because our players may be scared of a couple guys with great speed?

4. Even if they put 50 on Giles Friday big deal...it's a scrimmage...they will still be 0-0 when they play Graham next Friday

5. Just wondering but who is your team? Are you a legit Bluefield fan or a fan of someone else?

Yeah call coach Williams and tell him that Bluefield's FB looks really good on film, better than I seen him last year. Because that was my original point. Tell him since they're playing Bluefield this week that they they got used as my example. Then tell him that I, a Graham supporter, wishes him good luck this season.

And before you hang up make sure you tel him that you got butthurt and over blew the rest of the post.

Your original point was "if I was Giles I would scared of collier and reed"

And coach williams saw bluefield with his own eyes on Saturday so I bet he knows what he is up against Friday night....Matter of fact I know he does

And as a Graham supporter you need to worry about your own team more than you do mine, especially in a scrimmage....so does that make Graham scared of Bluefield? How about Richlands?

I got butthurt?????? WTH are you talking about? I am not hurt by anything you said, actually think you saying Giles should be scared of anybody is hilarious....Come to Pearisburg in week #5 when your GMen come to town...by then we may be scared of Graham too LOL

What grade is "Truck" in this year? I'll be pulling for Graham next Friday but watching a strong running fullback is always fun. I remember Marcus Lattimore (spelling) who played on the '89 Graham team. He was a beast. Watching Richlands run the spread and throw the ball is good to watch but it's good to see the game hasn't completely ditched good fullbacks.

so does that make Graham scared of Bluefield? How about Richlands?

If I was chosen to have an opinion for graham I would say Yes & Yes.

But to clarify, I'm a football fan in general. I like to think I comment on all area teams how I see them and how I perceive them. I said I was a graham supporter but that's mainly because of where my property lies. I probavly wont be a G-Man super fan until my kids get a few years older.

This was never meant to be a shot at Giles, or you for that matter. Sorry you took it that way but I'm done. God Bless