richlands and grundy

#1BLUESFAN

Couple of things...after the Hurley game, I was worried Grundy might have a hangover...they didn't, the kids were all in a pretty good mood and seemed to have moved on, even at the end down 49-13 or whatever and cleaning up what was left of the game with a rolling clock they were all still pretty happy over there? Didn't seem to bother them. Myself, I hate to lose and it frustrates the HELL out of me to deal with games like the last two weeks, but I was glad for the kids it didn't really seem to get them down and the starters were out having fun watching the younger kids/backups play...which, that's how it should be...so congrats to them on that, mentally, that's a big thing as I'm 45 years old now and still haven't figured that one out myself yet.

As for Richlands...great team, would love to see them play Hurley @ Hurley this year...would be great if after everything was said and done with the season there was a way to make that happen on a Saturday night...would be fun to see how that turned out....one can dream huh?

Another thing about Richlands, and they've been doing it for years...I have no idea why no one takes advantage of what they give you....but, if you go to an unbalanced right formation, QB under center and your RB up close, not back 7 yards off the line...then run everyone (flow) right and give it to the RB going back to the weak left side...there is no one there...you are one good block away from being in the secondary 1 on 1. Richlands always over shifts the LB's to the strong side...I just don't get why no one sees this and attacks it...it's not something you can line up and just do every play, I'm sure they would adjust quick to it...but it's always there and on a 2nd and 6 or so what do you have to lose? One of the few weak spots I've found and it's been there for years.

Richlands has a good team, they played clean...Mance is a class act...they have the program in place that others should be looking at and trying to incorporate things that work in to their own programs.  Grundy might be the only team around that played two state champ quality teams back to back in the regular season...hope we can get back in the win column next week.

Not sure hurley needs to be on the same field as richlands...yea hurley is very good this year..but there defence would not have a chance against richlands...honaker had a lot of success passing the ball last night.john luke would have a field day...im not sure hurley will beat galax or george wyth..i sure hope so...im rooting for them for sure.

Not sure hurley needs to be on the same field as richlands...yea hurley is very good this year..but there defence would not have a chance against richlands...honaker had a lot of success passing the ball last night.john luke would have a field day...im not sure hurley will beat galax or george wyth..i sure hope so...im rooting for them for sure.

Seen them both in the last two weeks up close, would like to see them play @Hurley...they might just bring you down a notch or two off the lofty football throne of SWVA.

I think it would be a good game to watch as a football fan. This is probably the only year it would be interesting. Richlands has too much depth for most teams around here, Hurley has the big 4 and drops off fast beyond the starters so it is well within reason to think Richlands would win, but I'd still like to see the game...would be fun but only if it was played @Hurley. I'd bet the Richlands kids would get a kick out of playing over there too at the Cliff.

I'd just like to see Richlands play at Hurley. Work with me on this lmao.

Haha I hear ya bro! As far back as I can remember after every football season there's always those teams you wanna see play just to see what would happen. Like with Haysi and Clintwood them last few years when they was legit. I always wondered what would happen if they played Richlands.

Seen them both in the last two weeks up close, would like to see them play @Hurley...they might just bring you down a notch or two off the lofty football throne of SWVA.

I think it would be a good game to watch as a football fan. This is probably the only year it would be interesting. Richlands has too much depth for most teams around here, Hurley has the big 4 and drops off fast beyond the starters so it is well within reason to think Richlands would win, but I'd still like to see the game...would be fun but only if it was played @Hurley. I'd bet the Richlands kids would get a kick out of playing over there too at the Cliff.

I dont think you can really say you seen richlands. Had a lot of key guys out that game.

Never happen Lance we only recruit Bradshaw and Bull Creek Richlands has from Mercer to Sullivan counties to much area.

In jest before any body gets irate lol.