Richlands last year vs. this year

Swvafan72

Another reason richlands was better last year was that Atkinson was better than Booker

For one you are obviously a "GRAHAM FAN"... For 2, Atkinson was not better than Booker. If you know anything about football, which doesnt seem you do. YOU would realize the difference is because the Qb doesnt read the field. You know exactly where the ball is going as soon as its snapped. The Qb picks a receiver and gets rid of the ball as quick as possible. If you compare "STATS" Booker gets the ball less and still beats out Atkinson from last year. He also gets the ball less than Howie and has better yards. Stop being mad because he left Graham and give the kid a break! Lets not forget even 10th grade year Booker was the leading receiver in only 4 games before his knee injury and still made All conference player and some!

That'll be stupid to move Cody to RB with him trying to heal from a fracture toe but what do I know. From what I'ved research is that James, Dylan & Seth was suppose to be your stable of horses this year but they also needed to fill the LB spots so they pulled Dylan & Seth and that just left James. Than you guys get Booker and Chase goes to RB which I think is crazy cause the kid is more useful at his old position slot. But for you Big Blue fans your team better get there house in order before the playoffs start or just get your basketball shoes out like Bluefield is getting ready to do!! Graham is coming for you!!!

Graham might be coming but, remember they got shut down last game. And if Booker is corner and Howie is safety 5 and 17 better have their laces tied up tight!

Only things Union is lacking is a more consistant secondary and kicker....outside of that, I think they are better. Especially better vs the run.

Graham is better this year due to the Qb. Meade in my opinion will take that team far.

For one you are obviously a "GRAHAM FAN"... For 2, Atkinson was not better than Booker. If you know anything about football, which doesnt seem you do. YOU would realize the difference is because the Qb doesnt read the field. You know exactly where the ball is going as soon as its snapped. The Qb picks a receiver and gets rid of the ball as quick as possible. If you compare "STATS" Booker gets the ball less and still beats out Atkinson from last year. He also gets the ball less than Howie and has better yards. Stop being mad because he left Graham and give the kid a break! Lets not forget even 10th grade year Booker was the leading receiver in only 4 games before his knee injury and still made All conference player and some!

Im from Richlands and if you think Booker is a better athlete than Atkinson you are out of your mind. Booker is a good athlete no doubt about it, however Atkinson was a play maker wherever he was on the field and if you were near him you knew it. 

Im not going to get in a barking match with you... But believe me when I say I will defend my kid! You all are grown men who talk trash about every ones kids unless it is some one close to you. How about lifting the kids up and hoping for the best for them instead of jumping on the shit train and talking about them!!! Over and out have better things to do

Graham might be coming but, remember they got shut down last game. And if Booker is corner and Howie is safety 5 and 17 better have their laces tied up tight!

Huh? Graham jumped out to a big lead v Richlands and the Blues nhad to claw back and get the W.

Graham is rolling rift now, NO team in 2A wants to play them right now. Fact.

#1. You're wrong. I've watched Booker for 4 years and watched Atkinson for 2 and Austin was the better athlete on both sides of the ball. He was underused during his time there.

#2. I'm not mad that Booker transferred. I said on here last week that he made the best decision for himself. While Graham does miss him bad in the secondary the truth is he wouldn't have gotten many balls his way. He knew that and that's why he's playing for the 1 loss team in the western end of the county instead of the 1 loss team in the eastern end. This isn't a knock against Booker for transferring.. keep in mind that I'm comparing one transfer to another transfer.

#3. I guarantee you that I was the first person on this message board to call out Asbury for staring down and locking onto his first option. Weeks ago I said it and it was an unpopular statement at the time. Now all you "richlands fans" want to jump on my bandwagon.

#4. Who are you to test my football knowledge?? I know I speak my mind and sometimes peoples feelings get hurt but contrary to what some might think I don't just take jabs at Richlands. Look back a couple years ago and you'll see me voicing my hatred towards Mike Williams and the Graham teams he coached and a couple years before that you'll see that I trashed Tazewell for running off Bobby Wyatt.

I know you just showed up here and everything but i didn't just start watching football and voicing my opinion on it. I've been around here since 2005. Read through the 4,500+ posts I'm sure that I have and show me where I "don't know anything about football."

Im not going to get in a barking match with you... But believe me when I say I will defend my kid! You all are grown men who talk trash about every ones kids unless it is some one close to you. How about lifting the kids up and hoping for the best for them instead of jumping on the shit train and talking about them!!! Over and out have better things to do

He didn't disrespect Booker, jus said he thought Atkinson was better playmaker. Defensive much?

#1. You're wrong. I've watched Booker for 4 years and watched Atkinson for 2 and Austin was the better athlete on both sides of the ball. He was underused during his time there.

#2. I'm not mad that Booker transferred. I said on here last week that he made the best decision for himself. While Graham does miss him bad in the secondary the truth is he wouldn't have gotten many balls his way. He knew that and that's why he's playing for the 1 loss team in the western end of the county instead of the 1 loss team in the eastern end. This isn't a knock against Booker for transferring.. keep in mind that I'm comparing one transfer to another transfer.

#3. I guarantee you that I was the first person on this message board to call out Asbury for staring down and locking onto his first option. Weeks ago I said it and it was an unpopular statement at the time. Now all you "richlands fans" want to jump on my bandwagon.

#4. Who are you to test my football

Your opinion means nothing to me or my son actually! OH AND WHAT COLLEGE DID YOU SIGN WITH?

Blackwolf5 said it best the internet just talk what the kids do between the white lines is all that matter.. Atkinson and Booker both great young men and special football players in there own way just because they played the same spots its hard to compare the two. where one is strong the other maybe be weak.. They both can impact a game at anytime.. And to say Booker wouldn't have got many balls at graham.. Come on he is a mismatch for most olb's and the connection him and Ben had with each other A1... Good luck to all teams Hope to see Dede in Bluefield one more time.. I think he plays his best there... COSBY

I wish we had Booker for two years, if you actually watched Adkins you would have seen he grew enormously from year one to year two.  Booker is getting better ever game, given two years he would have looked much like Adkins and still has the potential to be just as good before seasons end.  This bunch of coaches can built players into special players, remember Overton and Strong and how they progressed.

I hope we get everybody 100% healthy and you get to see the  field loaded with our best receivers all at once. Any kind of run game to go with that and it will be fun to watch.

Seen Booker with a highlight catch against Lebanon other night on the news and first thing I thought was as many athletes Graham has this season and being a state caliber team, just imagine if Booker and Israel Harris was still there. Are they a such thing as having too much talent.

EH 31 don't be so hateful. As a Richlands fan I would have liked to seen what you would have looked like after a couple of years at Richlands.

You had some skill.

Sorry, probably did come off a little hateful. It's gone now.

& thanks, I appreciate it. If things worked out a little differently I might've spent 3 years at Richlands instead of just 3 weeks. Looking back I wouldn't have traded my time at Pocahontas for anything though.

Back on the topic... As a fan watching Richlands last year and this year no one on the ol started last year.. I think using Landon more at TE is going help both passing and running the ball.. He is to good to be standing on the sideline.. A healthy Chase Collins is what this team needs at runningback.. And I would like to see Bull playing both sides of the ball as well he can move a pile..Richlands D may not be last years but that is the heart and soul of this team this year...

We lost 9? starters off last years defense and look what there doing this year!  How many are seniors this year?

I like what the VT coach is doing.  A methodical spread. Take the points. All you need is 4 or 5 yard runs to make them respect the middle get the first down and open the receivers.  I just have to wonder if our 45 could do a Sam Rogers or if we have somebody who could.

Love seeing Chase in space.