Marion at Abingdon

Canes00

Marion ( 7-2 ) has to be one of the most improved teams in SWVA. Marion has won 5 in a row, after losses to GW and RR. The Red Team keeps improving Each week. Expect a good game With Abingdon,

But the Falcons have too much talent for the Canes.These 2 teams really don't like each other, and it is not only in football. They detest each other in the worst way. It's the best from Smyth Co vs

The best from Washington Co. Falcons by 2-3 scores.

This game will depend on if AHS can stop Marion running attack or if Marion can stop AHS air attack. AHS run defense is poor look at Graham and Tazewell game. Not sure on Marion pass defense but AHS has shown they can score by passing. This will be a close game that could go either way this may be the game of the week.

Not sure on Marion pass defense but AHS has shown they can score by passing. 

VA High is certainly not Abingdon, but this is VA High's passing stat line last night from last night's game against Marion:

Passing Yards: VHS 79

Comp.Att.-Int: VHS 3-25-2

Yes, that is 3 completions on 25 attempts.

VA High has to be SWVA most underachieving team, year in and year out. VA High has great

Athletic potential every year. They have the athletes that other schools only dream of

Having. VHS excells in baseball. They do pretty good in Basketball, but not what they

Should, again, with the athletic presents at the school being tremendous.

Coaches have come and gone at the city school for years, with mediocre success.That school

Is a head scratcher for me.....What the heck would it take for VHS to have success annually

With all that athletic talent?

I really hope you're wrong just because of seeding implications haha

Marion has a good ball team and have been playing well lately.  It is a rivalry game and Coach Carroll always has them ready for Abingdon.  Something tells me they will pull off the upset.

I may be totally off base, however.  The potential is there.

I would love to see Marion upset Abingdon, because I have relatives teaching and going to high school in Marion, but I just can't see that happening. 

I do see Marion playing Abingdon tough for about three quarters, however.  

I would love to see Marion upset Union, because I have relatives teaching and going to high school in Marion, but I just can't see that happening.

I do see Marion playing Union tough for about three quarters, however.

If you want Richlands to be the 3 seed instead of 4th, you'll pull for the Falcons lol.