FB Score UPDATES - Week 11 - 11/04/2016

trublue

Sports Live Friday Night Finals and Scoring Updates for Nov. 4

http://www.timesnews.net/Football/2016/11/04/Sports-Live-Friday-Night-Scoring-Updates-12 â€¦

Above scores are for SWVA and TN

Following are WV Prep Scores

http://wvmetronews.com/high-school-football-scores/

Falcon Voice is now referencing swvasports at halftime of Abingdon game on radio.  Talking about playoff possibilities of the Falcons as posted on swvasports.  The ESPN of Southwest Virginia. Which one is Chris Berman,  G-Man, UVAO, Union Fan or Ryan?

I'll humbly accept the position if the money comes with it. :)

Virginia High 25 Lee High 7 -3:45 3rd qt.

*Pennington TD reception gets Lee on the board.[/quote

Looks like Grundy and VHSL Helper may not be going to Martinsville next weekend. Both should send the Lee coach a thank you note for benching some players.

Looks like Grundy IS going to Martinsville, and no, I def. won't be going- Richlands football pays the bills. Only stuff I regularly go to is Grundy wrestling.

Graham cheer team wins state 2A Cheer Championship, congrats!

The Graham and Tazewell cheer teams will be competing the VHSL 2A state Cheer Championships on Saturday at VCU's Siegel Center.

Times-News Sports Retweeted

Prep Football Halftime: Blackman 17, Jefferson County 6

^^^^Go Blaze^^^^^

great state

Nothing is a gimme Ryan.  Gotta show up for Battle.  A poor showing now could be your season.  Battle is better than most we played this year, don't need to give them locker room material.

Here we go again with you. Mance would be the first to say this. Richlands doesn't look past any opponent and respects them all including 99% of us fans.

Of course John Battle can beat us. I would expect a very tough game from John Battle and agree with you that they are better than a lot might say. Respect them we will though!

So you're saying you agree with me.........and Mance would agree with me.......well maybe more people will come over to my way of thinking.  Thanks for the shout out!!!!!!

I broke my promise to never respond to you...but I want make that mistake again!

Good luck to you and yours

Not necessarily.  The Spread is actually designed to run the football.  I would dump the "show horse" and adopt the "work horse."  From my perspective, coaches should make subtle changes from year to year based on their players strengths and weaknesses.  I am not afraid to say that I would like to see Coach Mance recognize this, and use what he has.  In some years, more drastic changes would be needed.  As a coach, I would be more concerned with player and coach development. This isn't hate speech as some these people on here are spouting about.  This is basic scheme and coaching dialogue.  In reality, there are a ton of people that think like I do.  As Enzo Amore likes to say........"gotta' coupa' hata's"......

I think Coach Mance understands that continued success in high school football is tied directly to enticing the best athletes in the school to play football. How do you do that? By including more kids in the offense. I see what you're saying, but I believe Coach Mance has figured out where his bread is buttered.

I was reading your post and got to the "enticing the best athletes" part and had to re-read it.  No joke or sarcasm there.  I thought you were going another direction.  I respect your perspective, however, I strongly disagree with you.  The great majority of the kids playing have played for years in the Midget League, so...no enticing needed there.  If including more kids in the offense means more tight ends, H backs and fullbacks....you are correct sir.  We use too many 2 x 2 formations and that makes the offense predictable and too pass heavy.  I'll tell you a secret....there are some others that have figured out where Mance's bread is buttered, like Turner from Union, Smith from Appomattox and Reed/Colobro from Abingdon.  

Mance has won a ton of games both regular season and playoffs, i can't argue that.....I concede on that one.  But the way some of you act, he is a threat to bump Belicheck out of Foxboro.

This entire conversation has went awry.  I felt Ryan had kind of overlooked Battle when he posted about the winner of Gate City/Glenvar going to Richlands.  I didn't see anything wrong with my post and I don't think Ryan had any malice in his post.  I felt that after watching the Abingdon debacle, nothing should be taken for granted.  After a personal slight to me, it just steamrolled.  I know some of you cringe when you see me posting......keep cringing.  You can hate my posts for all I care....if the truth hurts you, get a band-aid.  I have been on this message board since 2004 and I have yet to get to 1,000 posts.  I am not setting any posting records.  For those "kool-aid" fans out there.....don't go away mad....just go away.

This entire conversation has went awry.  I felt Ryan had kind of overlooked Battle when he posted about the winner of Gate City/Glenvar going to Richlands.  I didn't see anything wrong with my post and I don't think Ryan had any malice in his post.  I felt that after watching the Abingdon debacle, nothing should be taken for granted.  After a personal slight to me, it just steamrolled.  I know some of you cringe when you see me posting......keep cringing.  You can hate my posts for all I care....if the truth hurts you, get a band-aid.  I have been on this message board since 2004 and I have yet to get to 1,000 posts.  I am not setting any posting records.  For those "kool-aid" fans out there.....don't go away mad....just go away.

Just to let you know...I do have an inflated posting record...but most of mine is due to posting and pulling scores from the great state twitter site for several years..

(I've been a member on here since 2005/2006...don't remember which year) Most of the posters on here have added/contributed knowledge to this board over the years and I appreciate all I've learned and absorbed...however, your last post has made me stop and think about "just going away." 

h

I was reading your post and got to the "enticing the best athletes" part and had to re-read it. No joke or sarcasm there. I thought you were going another direction. I respect your perspective, however, I strongly disagree with you. The great majority of the kids playing have played for years in the Midget League, so...no enticing needed there. If including more kids in the offense means more tight ends, H backs and fullbacks....you are correct sir. We use too many 2 x 2 formations and that makes the offense predictable and too pass heavy. I'll tell you a secret....there are some others that have figured out where Mance's bread is buttered, like Turner from Union, Smith from Appomattox and Reed/Colobro from Abingdon.

Mance has won a ton of games both regular season and playoffs, i can't argue that.....I concede on that one. But the way some of you act, he is a threat to bump Belicheck out of Foxboro.

I have no doubt that the majority of Richlands players played in the youth leagues. While in midget league, the best athletes are spread out with different teams, and are all getting their touches . Egos and parents are satisfied. Then they move to 8th grade and suddenly only 2 or 3 kids are touching the football. Now Junior is being told to block for a kid he thinks isn't as fast, strong, or elusive. Junior and his parents get frustrated, and Junior dedicates to another sport or quits athletics entirely. It happens everywhere, and used to happen in RIchlands.

Regarding your secret ---- Turner has figured out a lot of people. I wouldn't expect to run over Union, no matter what offense Richlands is running. Smith must have figured us out in overtime. Reed and Colobro won at home this year with a team that may do some damage in 3A... and Richlands was right at their door for a tying score when the game ended. Your secret implies Richlands should win every game.

For those "kool-aid" fans out there.....don't go away mad....just go away.

My biggest gripe with you is not that you question the schemes. It's the insinuation that you could do a better job.

One other thing ... don't overrate the value of the youth leagues as a feeder program to the varsity. Richlands has always had a strong midget program, but not always had a strong varsity program. The true key to varsity success is getting the athletes to stay in the sport when they reach high school.

I'd rather be dead than be him.

I might have said this last year too, but I got to meet him/spend some time with him at this year's NSMA/STAA weekend and he was super cool, super nice and super reverent (okay I'll stop with the supers). Honestly, I think the majority of guys that go there on a yearly basis groaned when they saw him as one of the two keynote speakers, but when he showed up, he wowed! Honestly I can say, his speech put me in tears, and I wasn't the only one. That said, I think he was the biggest surprise we've gotten since I've been going to that conference (other than Leslie Visser's drunken escapades two years ago) because we all expected to be so thoroughly let down by him. Usually us sportscasters have a pretty good idea about who will be good/less good at those events. It's a fraternity of sorts and we all hear the stories (some of them horror stories) about how bad/cantankerous someone is to work with and so on, so like I said, given that, we were very pleasantly surprised about Boomer.