Richlands vs. Appomattox; 2A State Championship Game

V-Cats

I would assume it would be like the old format with region A and B playing in half state and region C and D playing...to avoid even more travel

That was my first thought, too. But it doesn't work that way in basketball so I wasn't sure how they'd go about this.

Shoot you guys are worried about how it will be played next year and im sitting here thinking what am I gonna do now. High School is over, College follows soon behind, then NFL. I don't want to wish this life away but im ready for football season again.

Shoot you guys are worried about how it will be played next year and im sitting here thinking what am I gonna do now. High School is over, College follows soon behind, then NFL. I don't want to wish this life away but im ready for football season again.

Never to early to start talking about next season.

Richlands has a basketball team that will make a run. That should help hold you over until march or so.

ame="goose111874" post="359513" timestamp="1481502492"]

The regions have been voted on.

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/alignment-final-24-region-alignment-plan1.pdf

I guess region d, class 1 is wide open in football under this format.

Have to think Honaker rebounds in future years, I guess Burton, Chilhowie, and PH will be the top 4?

Maybe Grundy and Hurley make Buchanan Co matter...

Richlands has a basketball team that will make a run. That should help hold you over until march or so.

March? I would say late February at best but I mean I guess anything is possible. They will cross with 40 and play a very down Union team. Knock them off then have to knock off Dan River and I dont see that happening. I also do not see anyone in SWVA staying within 15 points of GC

March? I would say late February at best but I mean I guess anything is possible. They will cross with 40 and play a very down Union team. Knock them off then have to knock off Dan River and I dont see that happening. I also do not see anyone in SWVA staying within 15 points of GC

Feb 10 is the last regular season game. I assume the tournament is the following weekend. That gives you 10 days until March. I more meant fooling us could get you to March. Wasn't saying we were gonna win the title lol.

I like the setup we have in football now. Only thing I don't like is not having a true west champion playing a true east champion in the title game.

I like the cross bracket. If the two best teams in the state are from the same side, I want to see them in the title.

But cross-bracket allows exactly that which you desire.

What I meant to say was to the fact last year everyone here said union and richlands were 2 beat teams but both didn't make it to state title game...maybe appo and Clarke were 2 best

Without cross brackets maybe 1 of the 2 so called best teams would have made title game

Plus less travel also