1A/2A top 5

Dick_Vitale

Now that we have knocked the rust off of early season and we enter "mid season" here in a week or two what is your alls thoughts on top 5 of each 1A and 2A in the west? 

1A

1-Radford

2-George Wythe

3-Chilhowie

4-Honaker

5-Burton/Eastside

2A

1-GC

2-Martinsville

3-Dan River

4-Union

5-Richlands

Thoughts?

Now that we have knocked the rust off of early season and we enter "mid season" here in a week or two what is your alls thoughts on top 5 of each 1A and 2A in the west? 

1A

1-Radford

2-George Wythe

3-Chilhowie

4-Honaker

5-Burton/Eastside

2A

1-GC

2-Martinsville

3-Dan River

4-Union

5-Richlands

Thoughts?

I would have Martinsville ahead of GC personally.  Other than that, I can't argue with this list.

Salem lost to Northside last week by about 30, didn't they???

Close enough, 72-48.

Back-to-back state final four appearances and coming off a 27-2 season, Northside will beat a lot of teams by 30 this year.

Chilhowie is currently 3-0, and playing well. They just may surprise a lot of folks this

Year. Very talented and very athletic. I think they have a good schedule with GW, Fort,

Marion, Galax, and Eastside.

I've seen chilhowie play once this year. I was impressed. Unsure how they'll stack up against better competition though. I look for the GW-Chil game to be a good one

Eastside is better than Honaker in my opinion...and I've seen them both this year

I plan on seeing Eastside this week. Will give my opinion after seeing them. 

I was just judging each team off what they lost and brought back... as well as Honaker's transfer. 

I saw Ridgeview against Council on Friday night... they won over Council, but didn't look very good at all in doing so.  I fully expected them to lose to Castlewood on Saturday night in the finals of the Ridgeview tournament, because Castlewood looked decent against Hurley, but to my surprise, we beat Castlewood also by 4.

I'm still dreading that matchup with Gate City in early January though.  Going to be very bad.  Lol.

I'm sure GC won't beat the Wolfpack by more than 100....should be a good one lol

I kid I kid.

Tomorrow night will definitely be a telling sign. I don't expect GC to run Boone out of their gym. If they do....then yes, I agree with what Quincy said. Boone is solid though and i expect a very good game.

Boone is a pretty good team at 5-3 on the early season with losses 2 points or less to Unicoi (who can hold their own), Science Hill, and Crockett. Boone handed Sullivan East their only loss of the year the other night by 3 points. We should be able to tell a little bit more about ourselves after tomorrow night.

1. Graham beat down Honaker and Union thus far 

2. deep and rebound well.  

3. your guards shoot better than most people know and will handle any pressure Martinsville can put on you.  

4.Graham always plays harder than any team they play. 

1. Graham beat down Honaker and Union thus far

2. deep and rebound well.

3. your guards shoot better than most people know and will handle any pressure Martinsville can put on you.

4.Graham always plays harder than any team they play.

1. Where at? I've followed the paper relentlessly. I never saw an official score.

2.didnt they graduate a lot and lose one of their best players to transfer?

3. See above. Most kids that will be playing hasn't seen "martinsville" defense whatever that means. And yes I saw them 3 times last year.

4. I can agree with that. They get after it.

I watched Eastside/Union tonight. Pleasantly surprised with Eastside. They have two kids with some height and one of them with some size. Both look young but once they figure out their footwork down low they will be dominant. Decent guard play by Eastside too. In the 1st half they were stroking the 3 point line. Only thing, not sure Eastside scored in the 3rd quarter? Regardless good win for Eastside. 

As for Union... geez. Talent is there to do some damage but they just dont click. They looked like they were going through the motions. I question Moore at times with some decisions but then again that is why they pay me the big bucks to be a keyboard coach!

As for ole Dicky V's top 5 for 2A basketball... I leave it unchanged. I have not seen JB or Richlands. Will update accordingly Saturday night. 

As for 1A:

1-Raddy

2-GW

3-Eastside

4-Chilhowie

5-Honaker

I watched Eastside/Union tonight. Pleasantly surprised with Eastside. They have two kids with some height and one of them with some size. Both look young but once they figure out their footwork down low they will be dominant. Decent guard play by Eastside too. In the 1st half they were stroking the 3 point line. Only thing, not sure Eastside scored in the 3rd quarter? Regardless good win for Eastside. 

As for Union... geez. Talent is there to do some damage but they just dont click. They looked like they were going through the motions. I question Moore at times with some decisions but then again that is why they pay me the big bucks to be a keyboard coach!

As for ole Dicky V's top 5 for 2A basketball... I leave it unchanged. I have not seen JB or Richlands. Will update accordingly Saturday night. 

As for 1A:

1-Raddy

2-GW

3-Eastside

4-Chilhowie

5-Honaker

Might want to drop Dan River out of your 2A top 5.  They lost 47-41 to Chatham last night.