1A/2A top 5

Dick_Vitale

Yea they kept him under wraps. He was somewhat out of control I thought. Has a decent shot but not someone I would expect to score over 15 pts on a decently solid team. At least he didn't seem like it....maybe he had an off night at GC.

I think part of his problem is that he tried to 1-up Mac every time down the court. I'm sorry, but I don't think there's any player in NETN or SWVA that's gonna match what McClung does on the court. Mays got caught up in not being out done which made him take some stupid fade away shots with someone up in his grill.

At this point in 2A in the West I'd have to go with..

1.  Gate City

2.  Martinsville

3.  Dan River

4.  Graham

5.  Richlands

4 and 5 may switch.  Would like to see how they match up with each other.  Graham's defensive pressure is relentless.  However, Richlands is bigger and has a more physical presence.  If Richlands can break the press, they will cause Graham problems.  Graham can also get out in transition easily and are a very unselfish team.  I saw these guys when they played in JV and thought they would be a special group because of how they share the ball and force turnovers.  Morgan will be missed... I think he returns in mid-january or so.... but Graham is pretty tough to beat with basically 4 guards and a center on the court.  They fly around and get in the passing lanes.  Like I said, however a team with good size and the ability to break the press will give them problems. 

Watched a few minutes of basketball practice at Galax yesterday afternoon while waiting for my daughters band concert to begin. They may not win a game!

I didn't see a single player over 5'-9" tall and no seniors. I honestly believe the JV team could beat the varsity head to head.

Galax lost to Pulaski 72-20. Failed to score a single point in both the 2nd and 4th quarters.

Galax trailed 43-4 at halftime.

Union goes on the road and handles Lebanon pretty well,winning by 15 points (well 14, 55-41).

This Bears team is the epitome of bipolar. Losses to (a good but not quite great) Eastside and mediocre TN High but wins over East and handling Lebanon on the road.

Looks like they have dropped a few games already this year. And it appears someone thinks they're playing Ridgeview Christian.

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=128&seasonid=310&sportid=2

A lot of people get that messed up for whatever reason.  MaxPreps, Scorestream, everywhere.

Ridgeview and GC both pick up wins today. GC's first win of the year.

Seriously?  Who have you all played?

Betsy Layne is a VERY small school in Kentucky north of Pikeville a little ways.  I assume they must have a good girls program or else they wouldn't have gotten the invite.

Seriously? Who have you all played?

Betsy Layne is a VERY small school in Kentucky north of Pikeville a little ways. I assume they must have a good girls program or else they wouldn't have gotten the invite.

Tennessee High, Boone, & Sullivan East.

If you didn't notice it before, I've got schedule/results pinned at the top of the forum.

Ah. I forgot to check once the season started for results. Lol, my bad.

No problem. I'm typically the only one updating it, so there are mistakes and missing scores, but I do the best I can with limited time and sources.

Seriously?  Who have you all played?

Betsy Layne is a VERY small school in Kentucky north of Pikeville a little ways.  I assume they must have a good girls program or else they wouldn't have gotten the invite.

I do not think it is off "invite" basis rather than if you got the cash you can come.