James Mitchell invited to UA All-American camp...

GMan

No offers on Paper . It should be settled. I win again.

It doesn't make you win. It just makes you look idiotic.

The only parties privy to any written acknowledgement of any "offer" are the recruits, their legal guardians, and the member institutions. Since most every state has FOIA protections and exemptions from getting such documentation from the schools themselves, that means any "offer letter" must be leaked by the family. And the Mitchells do not seem to be the attention-seeking types to plaster personal letters all over Twitter and Facebook.

Long story short, you're equating lack of a piece of paper to something impossible to verify, which is brainless. Offers are easily verifiable in this day and age. It would be akin to me asking you to prove the existence of $1,000,000; you failing to show me a physically present sum of $1,000,000; and me claiming eternal triumph over you, despite the fact that the concept is very real and tangible.

TL;DR: You're trolling and I don't have to break a mental sweat to rebut your preposterous assertions, so I'm doing it. It's not even really all that fun, due to the lack of a mental challenge, but I needed a sparring partner and you're the poor joe blow who decided to joust.

And UVAO you know nothing about any offers Mitchell has received and it pains you to admit it.  So you start calling people names .  your worse than a troll , your a Ad Hominem.

The #1 2018 recruit doesn't have any real offers, since there's no papers. Lol

Najee Harris didn't have ant either, since he didn't have any pieces of paper until he signed his LOI.

And what about someone that knows for a fact that schools like VT and Clemson have offered scholarships? Are they wrong too?

I am confused by how multiple visits by the Clemson and VT staff, including Head Coach Justin Fuente for games and just to stop by and say hi are fake news and aren't real.

Nevermind the innumerable links on 247 and other websites dedicated to college athlete recruiting that discuss these visits and interactions in quite frankly disturbing detail. All fake. None of it real. It is all a grand conspiracy perpetrated by the Illuminati, the Bilderberg Group, and the Lizard People to keep the world oblivious to the college selection process of one particular athlete from Big Stone Gap, VA.

That is not what I mean at all UVAO.  All I have said that nothing is concrete.  "Offers" as described on this board are way out of context.  It will take time to see what Mitchell gets.  It is my opinion it won't be as great as this thread seems to make it.  We will see,

Curious- Is anyone in the last 25 years or so in SWVA have anywhere near the number of D1 offers that Mitchell has so far?

I know the Jones brothers had their choices in their day but anyone since then? Ahmad & Devon Johnson only had a few each that I remember.

Curious- Is anyone in the last 25 years or so in SWVA have anywhere near the number of D1 offers that Mitchell has so far?

I know the Jones brothers had their choices in their day but anyone since then? Ahmad & Devon Johnson only had a few each that I remember.

Ahmad and Devon had artificially lowered offer numbers due to relatively early commitments.

Jake Houseright and Chad Beasley from Gate City had a ton of offers, Josh Shoemaker played D1 BB at Wake Forrest and had a probably 20+ in basketball. McClung at GC now is up to 10 offers now I believe. Also Rusty Pendelton had multiple D1 offers in football.

Coleman Thomas had 9 offers.  I feel he likely would have gotten a few more had he not committed to Tennessee so early.   

Both TJ and JJ were jus before the big internet recruiting boom. TJ had multiple offers but wanted to stay relatively close and get an elite education. Julius was a little different, I know some from BSG really thought UT was the best fit, but he chose ND.

To clarify, when a recruiter offers a kid a scholarship, it's reported. Schools know exactly how many offers are made, as do the services like 247. When they report a kid has been offered and it's confirmed by the school, they put that little check mark. So yes, those are offers that will not go away barring injury or something incredible happening.

Again grades are no issue. Much better than the typical 3-4* recruit.

I know one that lost his scholarship  due to a drug arrest.  I guess that would be considered an "incredible happening":  "little check marks"  are

confirmation of a scholarship BW? 

I know one that lost his scholarship  due to a drug arrest.  I guess that would be considered an "incredible happening":  "little check marks"  are

Really? We going to slander high school kids now? 

Yes. They mean said school has offered a recruit a scholarship at this time. Circumstances can change, like an arrest or an injury, but when a site like 247, who has great sources and does not just put out BS, updates a kids page, said kid has received an official offer.

For example, until Clemson offered Mitchell, they were listed but did not have a check under the offer line.

Not been on here since football season so who is this Milo idiot. Is he just trying to get under everyone's skin or serious I can't tell but he seems to be good at it.

I can't tell if he's a troll or just that crazy. I'm leaning troll.