AHS vs Pulaski County?

BigO

All you need to know about Pulaski is they have a whole lot of speed and weapons on offense. Their running game is extremely good. Abingdon's D better be firing on all cylinders to stop Pulaski's O. If not Pulaski will win comfortably.

2 hours ago, GMan said:

Anyone who links anything to CalPreps will be banned permanently for the reason posted by UVAO...try me...

CalPreps is good after week 6 or so. But anything before that is about worthless. 

I guess the best defense will be a good offense and use ball control to keep Pulaski's offense off the field.  It has worked well for the Falcons thus far.  Though AHS's defense has played well through 2 games, if we can keep their play makers off the field.  Advantage Falcons.  End up in a shoot out.  Advantage Pulaski.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, IRISH-FAN18 said:

All you need to know about Pulaski is they have a whole lot of speed and weapons on offense. Their running game is extremely good. Abingdon's D better be firing on all cylinders to stop Pulaski's O. If not Pulaski will win comfortably.

Speed? Don't think so.

Stats per Bristol Herald

Score  Pulaski Co-27; Abingdon 20

SCORING SUMMARY

A - Holloway 49 yd run (Griffith kick)

PC - Castle 29 yd FG

PC - Miller 13 yd run (Castle kick)

PC - Dalton 15 yd pass from Akers (Castle kick)

PC - Castle 31 yd FG

A - Farris 29 yd pass from Boothe (Griffith kick)

PC - Horton 1 yd run (Castle kick) (Horton a transfer from GW)

A - Boothe 10 yd run (passed failed)

TEAM STATS

Pulaski Co                  Abingdon

First Downs                                 19                              7

Rushes-Yards                           40-160                   34-128

Passing Yards                             176                          42

Comp/Att/INT                         12-22-0                       5-7-0

Fumbles/Lost                             3-2                            0-0

Penalties-Yards                        9-69                          4-27

Punts/Average                         3-32.4                        5-34

Actually, before last night they had only attempted like 4-5 passes in the first 2 games combined.  Once they fell behind and into the 4th qtr they started passing.  I think they threw 1 pass in the 3rd (I think it was 3rd) qtr to Farris for the TD, but it was a screen so the TD should be credited moreso as a run than pass. Their passing game wasn't bad but Reed sure wants to run the ball. It's not Sturgill, but he wasn't bad.  Hard to break away from the run game for 3.5 qtrs and jump into shotgun and pass.  Little late to find a rhythm.  It was necessary in an effort to win, but just wish Reed wouldve thrown a little more mid-game to open the running up some.  I think what Pulaski did was just tackle anybody coming across the LOS from the backfield and hopefully one of them had the ball.  And much more often than not, that worked.  If AHS wants any success as the year progresses they are going to have to develop a passing game.  I don't mean Sturgill-esque.....just enough the keep defenses honest.  JMO. Not to take anything away from Pulaski, but they weren't anything special...nobody with lightning speed, QB was so-so...he missed a ton of wide open receivers, kicking game better than average, decent sized Dline.  I truly think AHS had a better than average chance to win last night.  Pulaski staff did a great job adjusting and AHS didn't adjust anything until, like I said earlier, into the 4th when they started passing a bit.  Abingdon defense did a very good job the first couple of series but then Pulaski started passing and they opened their playbook a little bit. AHS has what appears to be a 5 play playbook. Well, 10 plays if you count both sides. Lol.