Stephen Sallee

276-386-3301

Steve.sallee@scottschools.com

Linda Gillenwater

276-452-4124

Linda.gillenwater@scottschools.com

Bill Quillen

Bill.quillen@scottschools.com

These are the members that represent parents / students attending GCHS and its feeder schools. It is time, as a community, to respectfully and appropriately address our concerns.

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

But you have a voice don't ya?

I assume you are a GC alum right?

Correct on both accounts. I am united with the folks whose issues were enumerated in the GC / Union thread. I am, in no way, attempting to be controversial or confrontational.

I look at it as this. Some don't like the head coach for certain reasons, to each their own. But in reality we haven't stopped a soul on defense in 3 years. That's problem #1 in my eyes, if you can score 28 points you should never lose. Or if you are being gutted and make 0 adjustments on defense, why be called a defensive coordinator? With all that said, Jason in GC vs Union post stated no concessions or bathrooms open during an event that was holding 3 football games in Todays heat! Guess who's job it is to handle that? Nothing but our finest AD, hence the sarcasm in finest. There is reason he was fired by the last 2 head coaches at Gate City. The man would rather see GC fail in football just for that reason. A vindictive person as he is is a cancer to the school, just wait until Coach Vermillion or Coach Reed don't bow down to his demands. The same thing will take place as it is visually happening in football. His buddy is on the school board with him, they both need to be gone before their cash cow is dead. Sorry for the rant but OUR AD IS TRASH!

5 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Need to hire Keith Warner as AD as quickly as possible. He just finished up his masters this past semester and wants the job. Great personality and loves to win at everything. 

YES!! Coach Warner is man of character and deeply invested in the students at GC. In my opinion he would make a fine HC at any of the county high schools (In any sport). 

2 hours ago, Grapeape said:

Correct on both accounts. I am united with the folks whose issues were enumerated in the GC / Union thread. I am, in no way, attempting to be controversial or confrontational.

Just curious if you don't live in Gate City how do you know so much about the football team.

30 minutes ago, wasp90 said:

Just curious if you don't live in Gate City how do you know so much about the football team.

You don't necessarily have to live there to have info. I live in Blacksburg yet have a decent level of inside knowledge of the team.

We are going 0-10 likely.  Ridgeview is 30 points better than us.  Marion is at least 17 points better, and John Battle is about 14 points better.  That leaves Lee and Central.  Lee is 21 points better and Central, the last game of the year, we go into that game at 0-9, but play on the road.  I think they beat us close, when I write close....I mean....10 points which is close for us.

No chance of winning 3 games, 2 is very unlikely, and 1 is somewhat possible.  Likely 0-10 to 1-9 at best.

Ridgeview 52-Gate City-7.  No contest and likely, a running clock by the late 3rd.

I'm not sleeping on them.  The post I wrote stated Marion is at least 17 points better than us and John Battle is 14 points better.  Nothing to sleep on here.  We aren't winning either game, period.   Both games will be worse than AT LEAST 2 Touchdowns.  

If we win a game this year, it will be either Lee High or Central.  Lee High is less likely than Central.  Central would be the best chance for a win.  (not saying we win it, just saying, it's the best chance for us to get a win).

I was saying that JB and Marion both have the potential to really put it on GC, it could get ugly.

Without Mullins, I think GC can take Central if the kids give 100% and the coaches have a good game plan. I can't see GC beating Lee, but WC is a winnable game I assume, just by what I've heard.

Maybe someone could inquire as to why he (Roberts) was allowed to continually slander Gary Collier with ridiculous allegations that he verbally abused players. Additionally, one might inquire as to why, when Mr. Akers  put Nick Colobro, Jr's name on his list of requested coaches (NC Jr. being a tenured teacher & current coach) in 2016, he (Roberts) responded by writing a letter to his friend(s) on the school board insulting and demeaning NC Jr. to the point that he (NC Jr.) left the school system entirely. Lastly, perhaps there is an explanation as to why Mr. Roberts repeatedly attempted to sabotage the recruitment of stand out student athlete Hunter Collier, going as far as to hang up on coaches \ recruiters when they attempted to contact the GC athletic department via telephone. It would be quite the scandal if it were to be made public that Mr. Roberts attempted to negatively effect a student's chances for a scholarship due to a personal grudge against a fellow coach that happened to replace him on Bill Houseright's staff in 2011. In my opinion the parents and students of GCHS deserve answers to these questions, among others.

GC Football wont turn around until we get an AD that does not destroy everything he is involved in.  Time for school board to do their job.  Get rid of him and bring in a coach that will turn it around.  No good coach is coming as long as he in there.  The programs that are having success were already established.  As a matter of fact....let him hang around and it wont be long before Amy Reed and Scotty Vermillion say peace out.  Really surprised Kellie Houseright still coaching after what they all have to put up with.  The kids are the ones who are suffering.  Good luck GC.   It will get worse before it gets better.  Getting new AD would just be the start.

48 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

Perhaps someone will ask for an explanation as to why he was allowed to physically assault a fan in 2014 who he suspected (incorrectly) of drinking alcohol instead of involving police personnel. Maybe someone could inquire as to why he (Roberts) was allowed to continually slander Gary Collier with ridiculous allegations that he verbally abused players. Additionally, one might inquire as to why, when Mr. Akers  put Nick Colobro, Jr's name on his list of requested coaches (NC Jr. being a tenured teacher & current coach) in 2016, he (Roberts) responded by writing a letter to his friend(s) on the school board insulting and demeaning NC Jr. to the point that he (NC Jr.) left the school system entirely. Lastly, perhaps there is an explanation as to why Mr. Roberts repeatedly attempted to sabotage the recruitment of stand out student athlete Hunter Collier, going as far as to hang up on coaches \ recruiters when they attempted to contact the GC athletic department via telephone. It would be quite the scandal if it were to be made public that Mr. Roberts attempted to negatively effect a student's chances for a scholarship due to a personal grudge against a fellow coach that happened to replace him on Bill Houseright's staff in 2011. In my opinion the parents and students of GCHS deserve answers to these questions, among others.

If all that is true, dude should be fired ASAP

1 hour ago, Grapeape said:

I have a question or two...Considering those links are 3 years old, if there is any merit to those lawsuits, shouldn't those have played out by now? And, if so, wouldn't the AD already be gone if there were anything to any of that? Seems to me, the answer to both of those questions would be "yes" if there were any substance to any of that. I think those are 2 legit questions, though.

34 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

I have a question or two...Considering those links are 3 years old, if there is any merit to those lawsuits, shouldn't those have played out by now? And, if so, wouldn't the AD already be gone if there were anything to any of that? Seems to me, the answer to both of those questions would be "yes" if there were any substance to any of that. I think those are 2 legit questions, though.

dismissed,look at courtbar,scott county civil court, circuit court.no dog in the race just looked this up