Gerald Sensabaugh @ Crocket

Dick_Vitale

Anyone else following this? First-year coach having success but he is stirring the pot nicely over in that area. 

I'm just basing my info from his facebook account but seems like he is testing the norms and trying to "bring about change" to a community. Check it out for those interested. Careful though, it is a rabbit hole and you'll be lost in hours of reading his stuff and the comment trash. lol

Opinions?

I guess there is a way to go about these things. I feel he went ahead and jumped the gun, publicized this stuff, and is not feeling it. While I am sure there is a lot of credibility to what he says is going on, I feel there was probably a better way to go about it. 

Sometimes shoving it right in people's faces is the best way to make things happen. Subtlety isn't the way some people handle things (i.e. myself) and I know he'll catch flack for it, may even get fired for it but at least he's not afraid to passionately voice what he believes is a problem. 

2 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

Sometimes shoving it right in people's faces is the best way to make things happen. Subtlety isn't the way some people handle things (i.e. myself) and I know he'll catch flack for it, may even get fired for it but at least he's not afraid to passionately voice what he believes is a problem. 

I agree with that. And he has nothing to lose. If anything, he gets fired, he will be smelling like roses. His team is winning which they cannot say they were last year. 

26 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

I agree with that. And he has nothing to lose. If anything, he gets fired, he will be smelling like roses. His team is winning which they cannot say they were last year. 

If I were a betting man I'd say he'll be on the D-B staff by next year and Crockett will go back to being awful.

I haven't read all of it but my favorite part I've read so far is him saying he doesn't really know what his stipend is and saying whenever he wants to make real money again he'll go coach college. 

Then he's taking a financial loss coaching there and he's not even going to write it off on his taxes lol 

6 hours ago, Dick_Vitale said:

He will get fired and there's not a school system that will touch him because of the way he went about disparaging the county. 

My guess would be that he approached the appropriate folks/channels and was stonewalled. If that is the case, nothing wrong with what he is doing IMO. He has the means and resources to take on the system and it looks like he is doing a damn fine job of doing so. If they do get rid of him, that’ll make 2 really good football minds that have been ran off in TN in the past couple weeks. Don’t be surprised if both end up at DB next year.

I am with @WISespread_Panic. What admin in there right mind would hire him after this season? He has really been around Crockett for 2-3 months as a coach... If he did this in the Spring, after trying to jump through the correct hoops to fix problems and they ignore him then by all means blast the county. He just jumped straight to blasting the county via social media. Sure it is exposing the problem but if he is "there for the kids" how is this beneficial to them if he gets fired after his 1st season? Not saying he does not have legitimate complaints/gripes... There is just ways about going about this IMO. 

Granted, he has nothing to lose like I have said. He gets fired, oh well, he went in to try and bring change and the system "did not want it". He leaves smelling like roses to move on to a "better team". DB won't touch him after these shenanigans. Too much of a liability. 

2 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Interesting read...

The school's side of things gets brought out. Apparently he "practiced" a kid when doc ordered him to not and allegations of bullying to the trainer. Tack on an assistant coach quit due to Sensabaugh;s behavior... My bet is he is gone after the meeting Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, Dick_Vitale said:

Interesting read...

The school's side of things gets brought out. Apparently he "practiced" a kid when doc ordered him to not and allegations of bullying to the trainer. Tack on an assistant coach quit due to Sensabaugh;s behavior... My bet is he is gone after the meeting Tuesday. 

That's my guess too.

Definitely an interesting read.  It is odd one coach says the players are fed up with Sensabaugh while they are having one of their most successful seasons in school history, and players are telling media they would not play without him on the sidelines this Friday vs TN High.  That said, its easier to say those things than go through with them many times.  It will be interesting to see what happens the rest of this week at DC.