Virginia High at Richlands

Westisthebest

12 minutes ago, BlackWolf5 said:

I'll be at Richlands tonight to see if those Blues can get that win should be one of the best games this side of the state! Hopefully I'll get to see there new run game I missed last week game but it was only Lebanon...Va. High should be a lot more competitive game for them!

I would say the Graham game which went into overtime was pretty competitive, and the Marion game which was decided by 4 points was nothing to sneeze at either.  So I truly hope you're wrong.  If it's more competitive than those two games, it may not turn out well for the Blues.

Richlands will win this game. I have seen both VH and Richlands play this year. Richlands' strength is their defense. When Graham played VH, Graham's defense rattled their QB and they started turning the ball over and started playing very shaky and it was all down hill from there. If the Richlands defensive line can create pressure and get the QB out of the pocket, Richlands will when convincingly. VH has a good QB but when he is under high pressure situations and has to make quick decisions, he turned to ball over a lot. Final: Richlands 28 VA High 17

Richlands continues the tradition of making the playoffs and will make a nice run, but please please please, stay the hell away from Graham :)

15 minutes ago, bgibb said:

Richlands will win this game. I have seen both VH and Richlands play this year. Richlands' strength is their defense. When Graham played VH, Graham's defense rattled their QB and they started turning the ball over and started playing very shaky and it was all down hill from there. If the Richlands defensive line can create pressure and get the QB out of the pocket, Richlands will when convincingly. VH has a good QB but when he is under high pressure situations and has to make quick decisions, he turned to ball over a lot. Final: Richlands 28 VA High 17

Richlands continues the tradition of making the playoffs and will make a nice run, but please please please, stay the hell away from Graham :)

I would like to see GHS & RHS play again in the playoffs.  Have to admit it was one of the best games we've seen this year, I mean overtime and both teams playing solid football.  Can't imagine anyone not wanting to see another game with that intensity.  I know its hard to beat a good team twice in the same year, but man wouldn't it be a good game.  I for one hope to see it again.

17 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

I would like to see GHS & RHS play again in the playoffs.  Have to admit it was one of the best games we've seen this year, I mean overtime and both teams playing solid football.  Can't imagine anyone not wanting to see another game with that intensity.  I know its hard to beat a good team twice in the same year, but man wouldn't it be a good game.  I for one hope to see it again.

Oh there is no doubt that it was an excellent game and the intensity was awesome. As a Graham fan though, if there is one team I don't want to see in the playoffs, it is Richlands. Not because I don't want to see the game played again, I just don't think Graham would be victorious again.

28 minutes ago, bgibb said:

Oh there is no doubt that it was an excellent game and the intensity was awesome. As a Graham fan though, if there is one team I don't want to see in the playoffs, it is Richlands. Not because I don't want to see the game played again, I just don't think Graham would be victorious again.

Respect your feelings, but Graham has a lot of talent. I know Cam Allen personally and have watched him grow up.  Always knew how much heart he had, and knew how much talent he had from little league on up, and Cook is a beast in space, so I'm really not convinced which team would win.  I would hope Richlands would win but would still have to see the final tick of the clock to know for sure, and I think that would be a great game in the area that most fans would love to see.  Usually we fans have to travel great distances to witness games of that caliber. Wish you guys the best and hope to see all of you in Mitchel Stadium.

Holy cow!! I just stumbled upon the thread from the VHS/Richlands playoff game in 2013. WOW! Lol I'm glad this thread didn't take that turn.

I HATE the visitor bleachers at Ernie Hicks but I'm looking forward to what should be one hell of a game. I'm also looking forward to my first trip to the Bearded Moose. Thanks Ryan!

Good luck to the Blues!

21 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Holy cow!! I just stumbled upon the thread from the VHS/Richlands playoff game in 2013. WOW! Lol I'm glad this thread didn't take that turn.

I HATE the visitor bleachers at Ernie Hicks but I'm looking forward to what should be one hell of a game. I'm also looking forward to my first trip to the Bearded Moose. Thanks Ryan!

Good luck to the Blues!

You definitely will not be disappointed. Sorry 'bout the bleachers, but not as bad a some.  Have a safe journey and wish you guys good luck and hope it is an injury free game.

35 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Good luck to the Blues!

Just went back and re-read that train wreck....30 minutes of my life I'll never get back lol.

27 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

You definitely will not be disappointed. Sorry 'bout the bleachers, but not as bad a some.  Have a safe journey and wish you guys good luck and hope it is an injury free game.

You're right about that. I'm built sorta like a D-lineman and those bleachers are just a little unstable, but they're not the worst.

As cool a venue as the Stone Castle is to see a football game, the bleachers are big but awkward and very uncomfortable. They're my least favorite.

I dislike y'alls visitor bleachers, but Ernie Hicks is as good as atmosphere as there is in SWVA to watch a football game. Especially when there is a lot on the line. It should be a fun one.

Thanks, and Amen to an injury free game!

12 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Just went back and re-read that train wreck....30 minutes of my life I'll never get back lol.

It was unreal!! That's exactly what I thought myself about lost time lol. I've only been on this site since the beginning of this past baseball season, but I haven't seen anything close to that particular thread. I even had a little scuffle with some guys from Wise Central earlier in the FB season but it at least ended quickly. The trainwreck from 2013 almost seemed never-ending lol.

3 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

It was unreal!! That's exactly what I thought myself about lost time lol. I've only been on this site since the beginning of this past baseball season, but I haven't seen anything close to that particular thread. I even had a little scuffle with some guys from Wise Central earlier in the FB season but it at least ended quickly. The trainwreck from 2013 almost seemed never-ending lol.

There are others like it. There was one when I was still in high school that was about marching band and it's validity or non-validity as a "sport". it was a NASTY thread that was ultimately shut down I believe. A 10 year younger Ryan was right in the center of it, stirring it up and fighting everyone from all sides lol. I'm there are still some on here who remember it. Would have been around 05 or 06 I think.

30 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Go to James River and sit on their visitors side. I thought Appo was bad, I don't see how JR bleachers are even legal! 

8 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

There are others like it. There was one when I was still in high school that was about marching band and it's validity or non-validity as a "sport". it was a NASTY thread that was ultimately shut down I believe. A 10 year younger Ryan was right in the center of it, stirring it up and fighting everyone from all sides lol. I'm there are still some on here who remember it. Would have been around 05 or 06 I think.

Lol that's actually a subject that hits close to home with me. I'm the former jock and I married a former member of the VHS band.

I had the wrong outlook on it as a kid. I called them "Band Nerds" like the rest of the jocks did. Looking back years later, I can remember seeing how much hard work the Band put in right beside us as we practiced football, but at least we had the benefit of a grass field. They were in the parking lot!

Plus they got to travel to all kinds of cool places like London to perform for the Queen. The height of my football travel in high school was a Charter Bus ride to Bluefield in the playoffs for a Saturday afternoon playoff game lol.

Band is most definitely a sport!

I think most people know that Exit 5-7 is known for the fine dining.  Someone stop at Kobe's on the way down, and get Mance and Company an Emperor's Dinner! 
I think Richlands punches VA High in the mouf, and punches one of these bad boysbig-dance-ticket.jpg

and comes in as a Top Seeded Team's Worst Nightmare.....

I think VA High is one of the more improved teams in the Region, and Coach and DA Bear Cats have done a great job! No Moral Victories in the SW District!

You'll notice it's DA BEARS, but not DA BEAR Cats 

15 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Go to James River and sit on their visitors side. I thought Appo was bad, I don't see how JR bleachers are even legal! 

Or you can go to Cloudland in Tn, where there are no visitor bleachers and everyone sits together. Good luck if you go over there with any black athletes. I went over there as an assistant youth coach with the Jr. Vikings program under NETN's outstanding youth football program. We had a black coach and few black athletes. We thought we were going to have to fight our way out of there after the referee told our assistant coach to "Take your black ass back to the sideline" when he went to dispute a bad call. Late in the game, the Cloudland fans came closer and closer to our sideline. If I could have a dollar for every time I heard a racial slur, I would have retired the very next week!

Not a great experience!

13 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Or you can go to Cloudland in Tn, where there are no visitor bleachers and everyone sits together. Good luck if you go over there with any black athletes. I went over there as an assistant youth coach with the Jr. Vikings program under NETN's outstanding youth football program. We had a black coach and few black athletes. We thought we were going to have to fight our way out of there after the referee told our assistant coach to "Take your black ass back to the sideline" when he went to dispute a bad call. Late in the game, the Cloudland fans came closer and closer to our sideline. If I could have a dollar for every time I heard a racial slur, I would have retired the very next week!

Not a great experience!

Glad y'all were able to make it out of there safely!

21 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Not a great experience!

Back in the day Grundy was just as bad, no visitor bleachers, with everyone sitting on the same side.  There was also a step incline from each goal line to the fifty. I mean you could stand on one goal line and have someone else stand on the other, and from mid thigh down was not visible. I was in the marching band at RHS and it was like marching uphill and down again.  We had a lot of band members fall due to the terrain.

25 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Not a great experience!

When our son played at Sullivan North we had the same issues. One of the coaches told the Cloudland coaches remember we out number you 2 to 1 and it quieted down a little after that. Hampton is really bad also. 

2 minutes ago, BlackWolf5 said:

Out of the three rb's for Richlands which one will be called on the most tonight to run the ball 3, 34 or 44? Looks like it's going to rain tonight!!

44 for sure! 

10 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Back in the day Grundy was just as bad, no visitor bleachers, with everyone sitting on the same side.  There was also a step incline from each goal line to the fifty. I mean you could stand on one goal line and have someone else stand on the other, and from mid thigh down was not visible. I was in the marching band at RHS and it was like marching uphill and down again.  We had a lot of band members fall due to the terrain.

Cloudland's field was the same way!

The field led both teams in tackles that day! Lol

11 minutes ago, SXSW said:

When our son played at Sullivan North we had the same issues. One of the coaches told the Cloudland coaches remember we out number you 2 to 1 and it quieted down a little after that. Hampton is really bad also. 

I've heard the same thing about Hampton.