Gate City @ Union

CriticalNoise

I could’ve swore I seen #10 stomp somebody. May have just been the angle I was at from the fence though. I’m not saying he did, but it looked like it, and I heard fans in the stands hollering about something but couldn’t make out what it was. 

6 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

I could’ve swore I seen #10 stomp somebody. May have just been the angle I was at from the fence though. I’m not saying he did, but it looked like it, and I heard fans in the stands hollering about something but couldn’t make out what it was. 

He did. Our #21. He put in a lot of extra shots on our sideline all night. Up until he got planted and rattled. Karma is a real thing he learned. Glad he wasn’t injured. 

35 minutes ago, Ol Dawg said:

He did. Our #21. He put in a lot of extra shots on our sideline all night. Up until he got planted and rattled. Karma is a real thing he learned. Glad he wasn’t injured. 

Same could be said about #24 and #44 for Union.  They liked to play well past the whistle.  Unless grabbing the face mask and slinging a guy is a football move.

1 hour ago, CriticalNoise said:

It wasn’t the angle...it was directly in front of me and I was in the stands. 

Union was flagged for 15 yard personal fouls x3. GC was flagged once & it was part of offsetting fouls which didn’t cost any yardage. Union’s final & most egregious personal foul gave GC a first down that kept them within striking distance. ⬆️ That’s from the film; can’t speak for anything anyone might have seen in person. 

10 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

Union was flagged for 15 yard personal fouls x3. GC was flagged once & it was part of offsetting fouls which didn’t cost any yardage. Union’s final & most egregious personal foul gave GC a first down that kept them within striking distance. ⬆️ That’s from the film; can’t speak for anything anyone might have seen in person. 

The offsetting one was the one talked about above. It’s football...from time to time, players sometimes lose their cool. 

1 hour ago, Grapeape said:

Got a link to that so we can all see? 

The last PF was a LB losing his cool and letting his emotions get the best of him. It was an obvious call to make. Slung a kid down after the whistle. It wasn't the only time a player was slung down after the whistle but it was an egregious one and was flagged. 

back in my day you paid for any personal fouls or unsportsman like penaltys with penalty busters the following week. this consisted of startig at one end of the field and doing updown at every white line or every 5 yards. you did this up the field and back down every day after practice which meant you ran with the rest of the team then had to do this after. do that for a week and you would think twice about fighting or talkng trash

2 minutes ago, The U Bear said:

back in my day you paid for any personal fouls or unsportsman like penaltys with penalty busters the following week. this consisted of startig at one end of the field and doing updown at every white line or every 5 yards. you did this up the field and back down every day after practice which meant you ran with the rest of the team then had to do this after. do that for a week and you would think twice about fighting or talkng trash

Our mouths have cost us points this year already it would be awful to lose a game in the playoffs because u can't shut up

I was told by the higher up of UNION after the Letcher game that...If a player gets ejected for MISCONDUCT (Lot of different things) it's 1 to 2 games...then UNION holds you out another game...Again that what I was told..