Sign in to follow this  
Buffs_Baseball

Georgetown's Mac McClung to enter transfer portal

7 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

He played one season under Pearl.  He was a Buzz Peterson recruit and was on the NBA trajectory when Pearl got to TN his SR year.  Thats kind of like saying Coach K got Zion to the NBA.

That's why I said he played under Pearl and not that he was recruited by Pearl.  And Coach K was important in getting Zion to the draft, he made sure he kept his weight in check and helped him showcase against the best. 

I'm not sure if Watson was a sure fire NBA guy going into his last year, but at the very least playing under Pearl did not hurt his stock. 

On the Red Raiders twitter site...

Mac being welcomed on board via the following:

Jarrett Culver/Minnesota Timberwolves

Patrick Mahomes II/ KC Chiefs

Trae Young/ ATL Hawks

Zhaire Smith/ Philadelphia Sixers

Good luck Mac from your SWVA fan base

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

McClung to Texas Tech. 

He’s gonna have to defend there or he’s not going to see the floor, regardless of how good a shooter he is.  He’s also got loads of competition at that spot, so hopefully their iron will sharpen his.

He’s pretty much Davide Moretti’s replacement.  Moretti had much better touch,  but I think offensively McClung is more crafty and adept at making his own shot.  He’s also not going to be allowed to be a pure volume shooter in that scheme.

Very questionable fit, but Beard’s personality is infectious, and he can sell the Hell out of his program.  Best of luck, Mac!  

I’m really surprised he chose Texas Tech in my opinion I thought that would be last school on his list he would’ve chosen because they play defense there lol and if he doesn’t learn to play on the defensive end he won’t be playing that much.