B-ball Standings/Results

Burrall’s Pearls

2 hours ago, Burrall’s Pearls said:

I’ve been watching so many games on the video stream, I’m more into it this year than usual. Graham appears to be very good from what I’ve heard. The team to beat in the SWD for sure, maybe the region? 

Graham & Union both are the premier teams in SWVA this season.

1 hour ago, Tigerman10 said:

I’ve watched them both. Union has tons of quality size-their length would be way too much for the G-Men 

Ah okay gotcha. Union is very talented this year. They don't have a traditional big but they are long and athletic and if it's an up tempo game, they're in their element.

Tough to press as well, most of the time all five guys can handle the ball. If the outside shots are falling, they're gonna be tough to beat by the teams around here.

14 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

I’ve watched them both. Union has tons of quality size-their length would be way too much for the G-Men 

With Graham, teams they face better have fantastic and superb ball handling skills because often, when the ball is on the floor, the G-Men will take it.  With Xay Bradshaw, he is going to take the majority of the opponents point guard or two guard out of the game.  Just complete lockdown.  Union is fantastic I'm certain from what they return from last year and Virginia Preps had them preseason 4th for a reason, but based on what they return from last year and what Graham returns and has, I feel confident Union is not 20 points better than Graham.  Graham has been very good the past few years and the difference with them and the great teams of Radford and Gate City wasn't anything close to 20 points, and Graham has another typical Graham type team. 

2 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

With Graham, teams they face better have fantastic and superb ball handling skills because often, when the ball is on the floor, the G-Men will take it.  With Xay Bradshaw, he is going to take the majority of the opponents point guard or two guard out of the game.  Just complete lockdown.  Union is fantastic I'm certain from what they return from last year and Virginia Preps had them preseason 4th for a reason, but based on what they return from last year and what Graham returns and has, I feel confident Union is not 20 points better than Graham.  Graham has been very good the past few years and the difference with them and the great teams of Radford and Gate City wasn't anything close to 20 points, and Graham has another typical Graham type team. 

Graham is going to struggle to score against good defensive teams-they don’t have 3-4 scorers like they have had in the past.  Graves is a handful but outside of him no one is consistently getting 15 a night. 

Union has 4 legit scorers, and a ton of size. They didn’t just beat Gate City, they dismantled them.  GC doesn’t have the scorers they have had, but athletically they are probably better overall than Graham and it was just a total mismatch. 

I’m not sure anyone in SWVA is beating Union this year-just too much talent and length. 

6 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Graham is going to struggle to score against good defensive teams-they don’t have 3-4 scorers like they have had in the past.  Graves is a handful but outside of him no one is consistently getting 15 a night. 

Union has 4 legit scorers, and a ton of size. They didn’t just beat Gate City, they dismantled them.  GC doesn’t have the scorers they have had, but athletically they are probably better overall than Graham and it was just a total mismatch. 

I’m not sure anyone in SWVA is beating Union this year-just too much talent and length. 

I don't think GC is athletically better than Graham.  Union will be and should be the favorites to win the Region.  Graham's defense and speed alone will keep them well within 20 points of any team they play.  We will have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Lebanon has had some severe Covid issues from what I’ve heard 

I believe they had a player from last night's game test positive thus quarantining GMen team. Someone with more information may be able confirm this.