week 6 (Spring) sched. & updates

VHSLhelper

Just posted on the Graham High School Facebook page:

"Due to COVID related quarantines, the football game between Richlands High School and Graham High School scheduled for Friday, April 2, 2021 is cancelled. The regional playoff schedule will be released at a later date."

Don't see anything on Tazewell yet.  I don't know if Graham had a positive or not so not sure how it impacts us yet.

Seems to me regardless what happens on games played Friday, playoff spots seem locked in already.  One exception could be IF Union were to lose to Eastside.

21 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Don't see anything on Tazewell yet.  I don't know if Graham had a positive or not so not sure how it impacts us yet.

Seems to me regardless what happens on games played Friday, playoff spots seem locked in already.  One exception could be IF Union were to lose to Eastside.

Union potentially losing to Eastside wouldn't have an effect, only District games matter. Union will be the M7 #2, Central will be the M7 #1. 

2 from each district is set in stone.

27 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I would imagine an Eastside upset would vault them into the 1D playoffs, but no effect in 2D. 

1 minute ago, redtiger said:

Say it one more time for everyone who hasn't bothered to pay attention 

I can't say where I have info from but I have heard other things that make all of these legitimate questions.

From Richlands graham thread

9 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Doesn't count. Unless they change the rules, only district games count, for Reg 2D at least. It would essentially be a consolation game prior to the plus 1 game on the 9th.

Actually they decided yesterday to go by power points.  Richlands left out either way.  All games matter. Richlands can still get in if Graham is still quarantined.  There is a remote chance of them getting in now since they are going by points if Union loses.

Stu bean is correct...    No winners in this scenario but not a done deal.   . Richlands cant be blamed for looking at a meaningful game. They didn't cause this . Tazewell and Graham do not want to be punished for something out of their control at the last week of the season.   The Graham , Richlands game did count for points and pride but it was not a district contest . And we cant make it one now because its convenient. Graham would have been favored , however in no way was this game a done deal. .  In the past three weeks , The tazewell-richlands, tazewell-graham game have been decided by less than 4 points. ,      4 points ....    so im of the belief that all teams are getting screwed somewhat and anything is still on the table....

11 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Actually they decided yesterday to go by power points.  Richlands left out either way.  All games matter. Richlands can still get in if Graham is still quarantined.  There is a remote chance of them getting in now since they are going by points if Union loses.

The Region voted on the playoff structure last week, which is 2 from M7 and 2 from SWD.  The Region has left it up to each District regarding how their representatives are chosen.  

The SWD voted yesterday to use the overall Power Point average, including +1 games, to select their teams.  Richlands cannot outpoint Tazewell, even with a win over Radford.  Tazewell would be sitting at either 92/5 or 93/5, based on the Riverheads/Stuart’s Draft result (18.400 or 18.600).  Richlands would be sitting at 110/6 with a win over Radford (18.333).  Ironically, the fact that Richlands would add another victory to its ledger may quite literally be the reason Tazewell outpoints Richlands.

The true question that remains is: Will Graham be able to participate in the playoffs?  If the answer is no, then there’s another can of worms opened up.

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

The Region voted on the playoff structure last week, which is 2 from M7 and 2 from SWD.  The Region has left it up to each District regarding how their representatives are chosen.  

The SWD voted yesterday to use the overall Power Point average, including +1 games, to select their teams.  Richlands cannot outpoint Tazewell, even with a win over Radford.  Tazewell would be sitting at either 92/5 or 93/5, based on the Riverheads/Stuart’s Draft result (18.400 or 18.600).  Richlands would be sitting at 110/6 with a win over Radford (18.333).  Ironically, the fact that Richlands would add another victory to its ledger may quite literally be the reason Tazewell outpoints Richlands.

The true question that remains is: Will Graham be able to participate in the playoffs?  If the answer is no, then there’s another can of worms opened up.

Two questions that nobody can answer right now.  Will they be clear by first round?  If not, do they forfiet their game or replaced?

8 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Two questions that nobody can answer right now.  Will they be clear by first round?  If not, do they forfiet their game or replaced?

The Region has voted that each district is responsible for selecting its own teams, but that has to be finalized by Tuesday, 4/6.  It becomes a matter of timing.  If Graham knows it can’t go by 4/6, I interpret that the SWD can appoint Tazewell as the #1 and Richlands as the #2.  If Graham finds out after 4/6 it cannot play, then it’s more likely than not going to be declared a “no contest” with Union advancing.

Crazy times.

I don't have any insider information, but since they have already posted publicly that Central and Union are the M7 representatives, it would seem highly unlikely that would change unless there has been a retraction that I haven't seen.

As far as the SWD goes, I have no clue what they're doing, but Richlands will not catch Tazewell in PPs. Assuming all games do count, Tazewell would finish with a 18.4 rating (Riverheads loss) or 18.6 (Riverheads win) and Richlands would finish with a 18.33.

I'll go back over my numbers to make sure that is correct, given how close it is.

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

The Region has voted that each district is responsible for selecting its own teams, but that has to be finalized by Tuesday, 4/6.  It becomes a matter of timing.  If Graham knows it can’t go by 4/6, I interpret that the SWD can appoint Tazewell as the #1 and Richlands as the #2.  If Graham finds out after 4/6 it cannot play, then it’s more likely than not going to be declared a “no contest” with Union advancing.

Crazy times.

Tight timing there.  Sucks to have to be waiting on the edge like that.

Just now, Union_Fan said:

I don't have any insider information, but since they have already posted publicly that Central and Union are the M7 representatives, it would seem highly unlikely that would change unless there has been a retraction that I haven't seen.

As far as the SWD goes, I have no clue what they're doing, but Richlands will not catch Tazewell in PPs. Assuming all games do count, Tazewell would finish with a 18.4 rating (Riverheads loss) or 18.6 (Riverheads win) and Richlands would finish with a 18.33.

I'll go back over my numbers to make sure that is correct, given how close it is.

Thank you for confirming my math, because I’ve spent literally hours double-checking myself over the last few days.