week 6 (Spring) sched. & updates

VHSLhelper

15 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The Region voted on the playoff structure last week, which is 2 from M7 and 2 from SWD.  The Region has left it up to each District regarding how their representatives are chosen.  

The SWD voted yesterday to use the overall Power Point average, including +1 games, to select their teams.  Richlands cannot outpoint Tazewell, even with a win over Radford.  Tazewell would be sitting at either 92/5 or 93/5, based on the Riverheads/Stuart’s Draft result (18.400 or 18.600).  Richlands would be sitting at 110/6 with a win over Radford (18.333).  Ironically, the fact that Richlands would add another victory to its ledger may quite literally be the reason Tazewell outpoints Richlands.

The true question that remains is: Will Graham be able to participate in the playoffs?  If the answer is no, then there’s another can of worms opened up.

You got what I got, so I guess we're right. haha

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

I don't have any insider information, but since they have already posted publicly that Central and Union are the M7 representatives, it would seem highly unlikely that would change unless there has been a retraction that I haven't seen.

As far as the SWD goes, I have no clue what they're doing, but Richlands will not catch Tazewell in PPs. Assuming all games do count, Tazewell would finish with a 18.4 rating (Riverheads loss) or 18.6 (Riverheads win) and Richlands would finish with a 18.33.

I'll go back over my numbers to make sure that is correct, given how close it is.

UVAObserver and I both got those numbers. 

4 minutes ago, RCITYHOO said:

just got update and it says Radford vs Richlands Saturday. is this playoffs?

Not yet, just fill in game due to cancellations.

Could have playoff implications for Radford however

If you mean...

Graham has CCD vs. Richlands due to Covid

CCD is sports shorthand for cancelled (mark it off the books)

PPD is short for postponed (hope to play it later OR actual day/date given)

SUSP is short for suspended (will resume sometime later)

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Bland/Auburn canceled. Bland doesn’t have enough players. Auburn wins by forfeit. 

I hate that for Bland. They only looked to have about 15 to start with from a bit I caught on NFHS. I think their middle school team had a winning season. Maybe things will look up for them if they can get enough to sustain the team until those boys get up to varsity.