+1 / ROUND 1 game schedule / scores

VHSLhelper

29 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Next 2 or 3 years gonna be fun.  Hopefully Appomattox let's someone else win one.  I think they should try 3a and see if they like it

Appo loses quite a bit this spring.  You never know.  But it will take a great effort to beat them this season.   

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Appo loses quite a bit this spring.  You nevwr know.  But it will take a great effort to beat them this season.   

Don't know where all there talent has come from.  Never heard of them until 5 years ago and now they're one of the best programs in the state.  Must have a great coaching staff.

14 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Appo loses quite a bit this spring.  You nevwr know.  But it will take a great effort to beat them this season.   

I forgot to mention it after the game but let your alls bus driver know he did a good job earlier 

Just now, Hokiebird7 said:

Maybe riverheads should try 2A where they belong and see if they care any better than they did last time they tried it

Nah they're good where they are unless you're a 1A fan

10 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Don't know where all there talent has come from.  Never heard of them until 5 years ago and now they're one of the best programs in the state.  Must have a great coaching staff.

I used to live down that way for a while.  There has always been a wealth of talent in that area, Appo, Prince Edward, Buckingham.  Appo was a cellar dweller for years.  It took good coaching, getting kids interested and turning them into student athletes.  Good coaches can see the potential in anybody regardless of their situations or attitudes.  They can truly mold young men with character.  You will notice that most good teams have good coaches who teach character, family and respect.

7 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I used to live down that way for a while.  There has always been a wealth of talent in that area, Appo, Prince Edward, Buckingham.  Appo was a cellar dweller for years.  It took good coaching, getting kids interested and turning them into student athletes.  Good coaches can see the potential in anybody regardless of their situations or attitudes.  They can truly mold young men with character.  You will notice that most good teams have good coaches who teach character, family and respect.

Been thru there alot going to Hopewell seems like a big area surprised they're just 2a

14 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Been thru there alot going to Hopewell seems like a big area surprised they're just 2a

Appomattox County is very rural outside of the town of Appomattox.  Route 60 runs through it.  Most of the County's population is right there in Appomattox along 460, no other towns.  Prince Edward County is the same with Farmville being the only town in the county.  Very surprised that Prince Edward hasn't fared better in sports with both Longwood University and Hampden Sydney in the county. Looks like some good coaches could be recruited in that area.  Buckingham County is very rural and so is Cumberland County in that area.  I'm not sure if I have seen a red light in either of those 2 counties. But that was years ago.

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Appomattox County is very rural outside of the town of Appomattox.  Route 60 runs through it.  Most of the County's population is right there in Appomattox along 460, no other towns.  Prince Edward County isbthe same with Farmville being the only town in the county.  Very surprised that Prince Edward hasn't fared better in sports with both Longwood University and Hampden Sydney in the county. Looks like some good coaches could be recruited in that area.  

Gotcha.  Watched Union play there but most of the time I just see it passing by on 460.  Wasn't sure if the whole county went to the same school or not.

4 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Couldn't beat giles or glenvar either in 2013 & 2014....so they bolted to 1A to beat up on smaller teams.,.chicken shits

I've heard u guys mention on here that they should be 2a but I don't know much about them because I haven't kept up with 1a since the Appalachia days.  They must have been division 2 back then because I never heard of them then.  It was always Parry mcCluer or bath Co. Coming from the east that Appy had to deal with

The way I see it, Union came to play. Now if you pit those two teams from this season together 10 times, the edge would go to Graham. 

Graham may have had more talent, but Union was the better team for today. 

I am a Powell Valley graduate. I wish PV and Graham had played some. Those would have been some great games. 

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

I've heard u guys mention on here that they should be 2a but I don't know much about them because I haven't kept up with 1a since the Appalachia days.  They must have been division 2 back then because I never heard of them then.  It was always Parry mcCluer or bath Co. Coming from the east that Appy had to deal with

Ah. A couple of past Pioneer District powerhouses.