Galax vs Holston

Optimal62

Tough game to read. Has Holston done so good or is D that down this year. Not watched them in person but on film they were dominated a lot by Grayson’s line. They did win some battles due to their speed but with only one common opponent it’s hard to tell. I know the boys aren’t taking them lightly. 

Seen them both and fortunately/unfortunately this one wont be close; Galax wins relatively big and with ease.  Holston has done a great job playing every opponent on their schedule and got the free pass last week.....however, this weeks opponent is way more skilled and physical compared to anyone they've faced so far.  Everyone is really excited about the QB at Holston; which to be honest he is a very skilled athlete; on the other hand the QB at Galax is a much more polished QB all around.....up front there is no comparison Galax will drive them off the ball offensively and be in the back field immediately on defense.  Maybe.....maybe the QB at Holston gets loose for a couple plays and they can get in the end zone a time or two....but they will be chasing points for most if not the whole game. I'd say in the neighborhood of 42-7.  

Haven't seen Holston this season, but have watched this group come up as they've played Narrows the 3 previous years before this season.  Galax comes to play and executes, I think it's a 20+ point win.  If they get sloppy and out of rhythm, it'll give Holston a puncher's chance.  But I think Galax wins in the trenches and has an easier time with them than they did Narrows. 

I'm not surprised I'm in the minority here, but I think it'll be a very entertaining game. 

Galax is more well rounded, but Brooks is very capable of frustrating the Tide and making this a game late. 

Each team with a long touchdown called back for a silly, unnecessary penalty. Each team with a dead ball, personal foul.  Each team with a turnover (Holston with 2 if you count TO on downs).

Very sloppy game thus far for a state semifinal. Which one has to believe benefits Holston. The longer Galax let’s them hang around, the harder it is to put them away. 

1 minute ago, trublue said:

Final in VHSL Class 1 State Semis Football - Galax 27, Holston 6.
The Maroon Tide will make their fourth trip to the State Championship game since 2011. They will travel to the winner of Riverheads/West Point in the Class 1 State Finals on Saturday, May 1st.

great state

With a little luck Riverheads will host !