Battle of the Undefeated: VA High vs Graham

Gridiron60

27 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t know what yardage they had before the Graham starters were pulled but it wasn’t even close to what they’ve been putting up. I don’t think Delaney scored at all and Thomas had one score the last 4 minutes on the JV. Taking nothing away from either one, they’re both quality players but Graham’s defense held them in check Friday night. 

Graham is the better team, they could play 10x and Graham would beat va high all 10 by 30+ and I'm even a Bearcat fan, Graham left some plays on the field with drop passes or they could have drop 70 on va high but Va high left some plays on the field against Graham starting defense with numerous drop passes or they could have score 37, one was the halfback pass to Delaney where he had an easy Td but just dropped it 

3 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

I find it hard to believe that it is in the record books when Delaney and Poku didn’t run track..

I know Stevie was definitely one of them that beat Bradshaw so maybe it was Donnie that also beat him and that would put Donnie as a freshman, Bradshaw just appears faster because he's on a better team but switch roles and put Stevie on Graham and Bradshaw on va high and Stevie would score 7x on this poor Bearcat defense 

6 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

I find it hard to believe that it is in the record books when Delaney and Poku didn’t run track..

And please don't try to school me on Delaney he's just as fast as Stevie or maybe even faster, I watch the kid grow up I even graduated with his mother 

1 minute ago, Bcats said:

And please don't try to school me on Delaney he's just as fast as Stevie or maybe even faster, I watch the kid grow up I even graduated with his mother 

Well, I can beg to differ.  I think the results in Team Summer Speed trials speak for themselves.  No one is trying to school you on Delaney or Stevie.  What school you do need is that BRADSHAW is the fastest, most athletic kid on the field anytime he steps up on it.  Very proud of both of those kids, and also that “POOR” Bearcat Defense you are a fan of!

58 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

Well, I can beg to differ.  I think the results in Team Summer Speed trials speak for themselves.  No one is trying to school you on Delaney or Stevie.  What school you do need is that BRADSHAW is the fastest, most athletic kid on the field anytime he steps up on it.  Very proud of both of those kids, and also that “POOR” Bearcat Defense you are a fan of!

No dog in the fight here.  I agree Bradshaw is the most athletic in Region D for sure.  But, straight line speed, there is zero, and I mean zero kids (including Bradshaw) faster than that cat from Gate City.  That kid has world class speed.  It's really alarming to me.  Even in pads, forget about any track stuff, that kid from Gate City is a freakin rocket.

9 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Damn this site has turned into a soap opera.  Everytime someone gives an opinion someone gets pissed.  I  made a prediction on Graham VA. High game and was accurate and hurt someone's feeling from that.

I have never seen such sensitive "men" in my life. A good friend of mine is on here. If I give him a hard way to go someone else gets butt hurt about it. Who would have thought a message board where football is predominantly the most talked about sport would have such sensitivity. Its hard to pick up on sarcasm via text but damn. When Liam posted the pic of the Steers I wondered how many of those guys were sensitive?

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

I have never seen such sensitive "men" in my life. A good friend of mine is on here. If I give him a hard way to go someone else gets butt hurt about it. Who would have thought a message board where football is predominantly the most talked about sport would have such sensitivity. Its hard to pick up on sarcasm via text but damn. When Liam posted the pic of the Steers I wondered how many of those guys were sensitive?

Yeah when you post something some take it the wrong way or something.  But to get mad about a prediction is ridiculous.  And when you guess right those people disappear for awhile.  Hell a certain someone on here will disagree with you and when he corrects you he'll say what you just said it's crazy

22 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Okay, I’ll try not to be so sensitive 😂😂😂😂    

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t know what yardage they had before the Graham starters were pulled but it wasn’t even close to what they’ve been putting up. I don’t think Delaney scored at all and Thomas had one score the last 4 minutes on the JV. Taking nothing away from either one, they’re both quality players but Graham’s defense held them in check Friday night. 

I went back and watched on NFHS. Against Graham’s starters Thomas had 17 Carrie’s for 50 yards (2.9 yards avg). Delaney had 2 catches for 28 yards. Graham moved Meadows from end to nose tackle with about 7 minutes to go in the second. Grahams line started getting a push up the middle then. From that point until the 2nd string came in, Thomas had 10 yards on 9 attempts.

It was 28-10 at half. VHS scored first. Poku also scored early in third against Graham starters. 

46 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

No dog in the fight here.  I agree Bradshaw is the most athletic in Region D for sure.  But, straight line speed, there is zero, and I mean zero kids (including Bradshaw) faster than that cat from Gate City.  That kid has world class speed.  It's really alarming to me.  Even in pads, forget about any track stuff, that kid from Gate City is a freakin rocket.

Don't pay them any mind. Straight line speed, Jenkins is faster. 

16 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Okay, I’ll try not to be so sensitive 😂😂😂😂    

Now that hurt my feelings you thinking I was talking about you 😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Now that hurt my feelings you thinking I was talking about you 😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Bahahaaaa! Don’t be crybaby, lol!!! 😂😂😂 Doesn’t someone owe you a McRib or something? 😂😂😂

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

Bahahaaaa! Don’t be crybaby, lol!!! 😂😂😂 Doesn’t someone owe you a McRib or something? 😂😂😂

Couldn't get anyone to bet me even though I was told  my prediction was crazy

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I do feel like crying though my Dolphins suck.  Marino was my favorite player as a kid so I stuck with them, it's time to jump ship 

2 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Couldn't get anyone to bet me even though I was told  my prediction was crazy

Well, you’re looking like the cat’s meow right now, lol. Wonder how that crow tasted 🤣😂? Probably a little tough 😂

25 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

It was 28-10 at half. VHS scored first. Poku also scored early in third against Graham starters. 

All of these things can be true.

47 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

My bad, I thought the discussion was about Delaney & Thomas. You’re correct, VHS scored first, they also scored last if that matters, lol. Yes, Poku scored a TD. No one disputed that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

My bad, I thought the discussion was about Delaney & Thomas. You’re correct, VHS scored first, they also scored last if that matters, lol. Yes, Poku scored a TD. No one disputed that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

No the point was you Graham guys made it seem VHS couldn't score on the first team defense when in reality that wasn't true. 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

No the point was you Graham guys made it seem VHS couldn't score on the first team defense when in reality that wasn't true. 

I don’t think I made it seem that way but if I did it was unintentional. I was just clarifying the point someone else made about Delaney & Thomas not scoring while varsity was in and not having a lot of yardage. I personally think both kids are stellar athletes that were up against a strong defense that was able to stop them pretty well. VA High’s weakness is their schedule in my opinion, my opinion being the key word. A weak schedule hurts when you play really good teams.