Battle of the Undefeated: VA High vs Graham

Gridiron60

VA High will win big on Monday when they finish the game with Honaker putting them 5-0 , same as Graham. Who comes out next Friday at 6-0? VA High very talented and well coached now. I think the biggest advantage for Graham is their strength of schedule compared to VA High. Has VA High truly been tested yet? Graham seems to have started clicking and playing much better than when they barely got by a tremendous Union team. Who comes out on top of SWD Friday night? 

3 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I think this is exactly what happens.  However, a VHS win wouldn’t shock me.  They’re plenty good.

It wouldn’t entirely shock me, either. Patterson is the real deal. This is the same VHS team that was… not good… in the spring. Bring in a young coach that is very good and suddenly the talent they have there starts to shine. 

23 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham only used about 5 plays out of the playbook against Bluefield it seemed.  If they can't stop it, I guess keep doing it   

Blevins had a great night. He can wiggle and squirm when you think he's going down...slips away. I think offense still has work to do but they're improving. 

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

It wouldn’t entirely shock me, either. Patterson is the real deal. This is the same VHS team that was… not good… in the spring. Bring in a young coach that is very good and suddenly the talent they have there starts to shine. 

Same coach that was 29-47 in 7 years at Holston? Matlock was 44-35 in same time frame. And they guy who replaced him is 6-0. Probably more of an indication of how terrible crist was. Patterson gets to prove himself friday.

1 hour ago, CPF said:

Same coach that was 29-47 in 7 years at Holston? Matlock was 44-35 in same time frame. And they guy who replaced him is 6-0. Probably more of an indication of how terrible crist was. Patterson gets to prove himself friday.

It’s almost as if the availability of talent has something to do with overall records.  🤔

28 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Yeah. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. What’s your point? How does that further the conversation about GHS/VHS? 

The point is this.....Bluefield scored more on Graham than Va High will. How ya like that? There's you some conversation.

55 minutes ago, CPF said:

The point is this.....Bluefield scored more on Graham than Va High will. How ya like that? There's you some conversation.

Although, I think Graham wins, I think VHS will fair a little better than Bluefield.  But, I hope that you are right and I am wrong 

17 minutes ago, CPF said:

Doubtful. Bluefield managed only six points. It's gonna be very, very tough to shut out VHS with playmakers like Thomas and Delaney. Graham will win most likely but VHS is gonna score. 

4 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Although, I think Graham wins, I think VHS will fair a little better than Bluefield.  But, I hope that youbl are right and I am wrong 

Not trolling but is there anyone on earth who thinks Bluefield wouldn't be 5-0 had they played Vhighs schedule? And speed wise Bluefield is faster. Lineplay is what beat Beaver, and it will beat Virginia High as well.