Union/Central battle for Wise County

TaterHater

7 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Wise is gonna come out hot, looking for revenge and to throw a wrench into Unions great season. Bears gonna have to maintain composure and be prepared to take Centrals best shot early and answer back.

We can win if our PA announcer can call game made a huge difference last night lol 😂

This game will also be over in a blink of an eye possibly the way these two will grind it out. This game may be decided by an extra point! I like Central because of home field and it almost being a must win.  They'll be in the playoffs but a loss all but guarantees they're on the road the whole time!

8 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Great battle here. If on NFHS, I will watch it. I love Central and their technique, and Union is never dull to watch. This game will have some vicious hitting.  Gotta picks the Bears by a score of 24-14. 

This will also be the WCYB game of the week. I'd watch it on their Facebook if you don't have the station. They do an incredible job with play by play, color, and cameras!

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

This will also be the WCYB game of the week. I'd watch it on their Facebook if you don't have the station. They do an incredible job with play by play, color, and cameras!

That's prob how I'll watch. Doubt I make trek to Norton. I'm so glad WCYB is doing it, much better broadcast than NFHS.

7 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

That's prob how I'll watch. Doubt I make trek to Norton. I'm so glad WCYB is doing it, much better broadcast than NFHS.

That's probably me too! They do spend some money and have great broadcasts. That must be a bit of a priority with Sinclair. If you search Friday Night Rivals on FB there a few stations across the country that do it for them!

6 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

That's probably me too! They do spend some money and have great broadcasts. That must be a bit of a priority with Sinclair. If you search Friday Night Rivals on FB there a few stations across the country that do it for them!

You mean you aren't gonna watch the HUGE game in Bristol? Maybe Battle has been losing bc they've been saving everything for RV lol.

I think Sinclair has seen, especially in the Southeast, HS FB is a big draw and it's a great way to get eyeballs. I love that WCYB doesn't just show TN games, they realize they'll get a ton of views if they show the SWVA games too

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

You mean you aren't gonna watch the HUGE game in Bristol? Maybe Battle has been losing bc they've been saving everything for RV lol.

I think Sinclair has seen, especially in the Southeast, HS FB is a big draw and it's a great way to get eyeballs. I love that WCYB doesn't just show TN games, they realize they'll get a ton of views if they show the SWVA games too

It's a tough one because Battle has the best stadium for fans in the district.  I love watching games there,. These games always worry me because the habit is the kids will take their foot off the gas when they are in the game and it's a rout.  That's when injuries happen.  I remember RV first ever game against Jenkins and that happened when they scored 56 in the first 6 minutes.  It killed what would have been a decent team with one of their best players getting his knee torn up. 

Smash mouth at its best , this could be Appalachia vs Gate City if the jersey and date was different. Both squads are great on the line , both Q B s are good, backs are even …except Locomotive Lomax, and he is a beast  turnovers decided the region championship in the spring and it may again, we are playing on turf so the speed on each team is almost even , special teams goes to Union by the slimmest of margins. If Central crowds the line Union will pass  and the same goes Central. It almost dead even, but the edge goes to Union on coaching. Central starts slow this year  so they better change that or they will get buried. Get there early , what’s the weather going to be like, it’s usually cold as heck up there 

31 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Smash mouth at its best , this could be Appalachia vs Gate City if the jersey and date was different. Both squads are great on the line , both Q B s are good, backs are even …except Locomotive Lomax, and he is a beast  turnovers decided the region championship in the spring and it may again, we are playing on turf so the speed on each team is almost even , special teams goes to Union by the slimmest of margins. If Central crowds the line Union will pass  and the same goes Central. It almost dead even, but the edge goes to Union on coaching. Central starts slow this year  so they better change that or they will get buried. Get there early , what’s the weather going to be like, it’s usually cold as heck up there 

It's Norton so the wind will be blowing about 35 MPH for sure

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

It's Norton so the wind will be blowing about 35 MPH for sure

What is their nickname??? Taco Bell Bandits ,Pal’s pale Riders, Hibbitts Hustlers, ….nonono it’s ….. never mind it’s getting old almost as old as all there holdbacks, they could be drafted if we were at war, it’s going to be packed

35 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

Did they drop the Wal-Mart Warriors?

They have earned some respect the last couple of years but they are setting up voting booths in the 10th grade rooms , you know that way they don’t miss roll call