Richlands/Union

TaterHater

I realize that the Bears had a lot going on this past week, emotionally, but they still have to feel they didn't take Central as seriously as they deserved to be taken.

With that being said, Union has to come out focused and play their A game against the Blues. If they come out flat again, I will be very worried about their chances against Abingdon.

I know Richlands will be fired up for this game, just hope Union is too.

Blues will come to play and Union's overall lack of team speed makes the game reachable for Richlands.  Richlands could possibly pull it off with help.  There are some games where one team is so far ahead of the other to where 5 turnovers and 100 yds in penalties still will not matter for the better team.  They are so far ahead they can overcome it anyway.  The Blues, if their heads are in it, and I bet they will be, are good enough to have this thing a nailbiter if Union turns over 4 times and has 75 plus yards in penalties, and Richlands is able to connect with the passing game early on and get 14 points on the board by halftime.

Odds of the above are low.  Union by 20 and a good win, but nothing close to a blowout.  34-14 Union.

There has been very little discussion about about Hunnycutt being done for the year, it took the T from our playbook, or at least the change of pace he provided. We are different than we were against the GMEN . I hope we find someone who can give us a extra spark for the next few weeks , Richlands will come to play so we better be ready

7 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

There has been very little discussion about about Hunnycutt being done for the year, it took the T from our playbook, or at least the change of pace he provided. We are different than we were against the GMEN . I hope we find someone who can give us a extra spark for the next few weeks , Richlands will come to play so we better be ready

He's a big loss imo just doesn't get noticed because everyone talks about Lomax.  He's not alone though been quite a few injuries this year.  Hopefully we'll get some back before playoffs but I'm pretty sure the lineman is out for year also someone mentioned ACL

11 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

The biggest hole he left to fill was on defense. It showed the 2nd half with Ridgeview and at Central.

My guess is with Honeycutt out Satterfield becomes the primary blocking back and they're trying not to overload him. Union needs to find a FB and get back to the T, that's when they're at their best.

4 hours ago, redtiger said:

My guess is with Honeycutt out Satterfield becomes the primary blocking back and they're trying not to overload him. Union needs to find a FB and get back to the T, that's when they're at their best.

He’s been the primary blocking back. and you’re right 

IMO both teams respect each other no matter what the record, and this game will be no different.  Injuries play a roll in this, and Richlands has gathered themselves and became hungry again, but Union should win by at least 2-td's, yet we all must remember how these two go at each other.  This game may come down to the final play as it's done for a number of years, so I'll hold my hopes out for The Blues in an upset.  Hope the injured players get better for the playoffs and wish both teams a safe game.

I need to ask a question just to see if anyone knows the answer. Union used Satterfeild to play nose tackle against Central, who has a huge line , why would you do this with a running back????That alone gave Central 4-5 yards every time they ran up the middle. 
Union better rethink that because Richlands QB is getting better at running up the middle

9 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

I need to ask a question just to see if anyone knows the answer. Union used Satterfeild to play nose tackle against Central, who has a huge line , why would you do this with a running back????That alone gave Central 4-5 yards every time they ran up the middle. 
Union better rethink that because Richlands QB is getting better at running up the middle

I think they are going for the smaller, quicker DT to get to the QB. Works ok against teams that can't run the ball, not so much against teams like Central. I see lots of beef on the sidelines just standing around. I have to wonder why...

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

I think they are going for the smaller, quicker DT to get to the QB. Works ok against teams that can't run the ball, not so much against teams like Central. I see lots of beef on the sidelines just standing around. I have to wonder why...

I think we can bury that mindset, because it don't work.Give me some porkers who can at least fall down and make the back jump over them, "FAT BOYS RULE"We will need to change that up when UNION faces ABINGDON or we will see a repeat of the CENTRAL game

27 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

I think we can bury that mindset, because it don't work.Give me some porkers who can at least fall down and make the back jump over them, "FAT BOYS RULE"We will need to change that up when UNION faces ABINGTON or we will see a repeat of the CENTRAL game

Abingdon worries me, but if we don't get over Central by Friday, Richlands will gives us problems.

Well you might as well get ready to see Richlands abingdon heck even battle just line up and run it right down the bears throat. The reason being is the defensive coordinator doesn't know how to make adjustments point blank. Don't know many DC's that have dreams of what to run against certain teams and actually try it.