Central Vs Tazewell

stu_bean

Central is playing pretty special on D now so I doubt it’s all that close. Thing is they are a ball control team so the score won’t be way out of control unless the Bulldogs don’t make tackles. That’s with all due respect because they have some homerun hitters for sure. Just their style of play is more geared towards owning the line play and imposing their will on the opponent.  IMO, Wise has a legit shot to take the region but so does Union or the consensus pick G-men. Should be a great atmosphere

14 minutes ago, Tru Blue 72 said:

If and only if, the Bulldawgs score on every pocession then maybe, just maybe, they have a chance for the win.  One Richlands fan here who is pulling for the Bulldawgs, oh my did I just say that, yes of course I did.

Hey Im pulling even for Richlands for the simple fact of SWD pride!

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Snowball's chance or keep it close for a bit?

Not sure what their pass defense is.  I know that their run defense is top of the area.

Central’s pass defense isn’t the greatest I’ve seen, just from watching film.  The 3 teams Central played this season with something resembling competence in the passing game all beat Central.  Their run defense is dynamite, as advertised, but most of Tazewell’s rushes on the season are from Creasy on designed RPOs.

Tazewell’s got a puncher’s chance here.  Solid, crisp execution and no turnovers can keep the Dawgs in it with the pace that Central runs.  I think it actually suits Tazewell to slow down the pace and eat clock.  The fewer plays and possessions, the greater the chance at high variance.  If Tazewell tries to make this a track meet, I think Central wins and by a healthy margin.  

But stranger things have happened.

Of the three teams that beat Central 2 are the top 2 seeds in 3A Region D and both games were not runaways. Central's pass defense is not that shabby, they play well. The big question is how strong is Tazewell's line? Can they keep the quarterback up right long enough to throw the ball? Central can and will bring pressure.

I don't see Tazewell's defense stopping the Central run game.

I'm going to say Central by at least 21.

I don't see this being a close game at all. Tazewell may complete some passes, but Central is humming along right now. There's a key to slowing down the Warriors' offense, but Tazewell will be unable to do so.

Probably in the lines of 49-14.

Central is physical and efficient, they break the teams they face. 

Tazewell has some very good athletes but idk if their line can stand up to Centrals. 

Central physically dominated them in the Spring and returns almost everything while Tazewell lost some major talent.

Warriors by 21+ 

13 hours ago, redtiger said:

Central physically dominated them in the Spring and returns almost everything while Tazewell lost some major talent.

Agree with that however two completely different teams.  That was a run heavy team that got shutdown.  This is an Air Raid offense so although probably true about final outcome, can't compare it to spring game.

Very definition of a trap game.....looking ahead?  Taking the Bulldogs lightly?

I'm calling close.....like way too close for comfort in Norton.....

Tazewell comes in and throws it around all night, but the fighting W's pull out a 35-32 type game

They better get used to being thrown on......for next week...

21 hours ago, Tru Blue 72 said:

If and only if, the Bulldawgs score on every pocession then maybe, just maybe, they have a chance for the win.  One Richlands fan here who is pulling for the Bulldawgs, oh my did I just say that, yes of course I did.

I always pull for Richlands as long as they ain’t playing Tazewell or the GMen! SWD Pride!

On 11/9/2021 at 9:39 AM, packattack2021 said:

Very definition of a trap game.....looking ahead?  Taking the Bulldogs lightly?

I'm calling close.....like way too close for comfort in Norton.....

Tazewell comes in and throws it around all night, but the fighting W's pull out a 35-32 type game

They better get used to being thrown on......for next week... I trust Tazewell more to embrace what they are and do it repeatedly.  At its heart, RV wants to run first and throw second. Tazewell will try to get the ball to Harris at least 15 times…20 if they are smart.  Central will either man him up with Mullins or double him.

Seems like it would be very hard to pass the ball in high school football if a team is one dimensional....🤔 the probability rate is already low for passing. Deep safety, MLB blitz and offset rover back on the LOS = bad night for the offense if you can't offset pressure with the run.

1 hour ago, foosballer said:

Seems like it would be very hard to pass the ball in high school football if a team is one dimensional....🤔 the probability rate is already low for passing. Deep safety, MLB blitz and offset rover back on the LOS = bad night for the offense if you can't offset pressure with the run.

Hence why we had issues with Graham and Bluefield.  Richlands was a loss due to the rain plain and simple.  Some may say excuse but it is what it was.  Didn't get to see RH game and V High was lots of inexperience overall.  Games that our line was able to hold up on we could pass all over the field.

Centra may win this game, but if they allow Tazewell to hang around late into the game it could be a one and done for the Warriors. Tazewell is young, athlete’s everywhere on the field. Tazewell makes great second half adjustments and will battle till the end! 

T - 18

C - 42

On 11/9/2021 at 1:40 PM, stu_bean said:

Hence why we had issues with Graham and Bluefield.  Richlands was a loss due to the rain plain and simple.  Some may say excuse but it is what it was.  Didn't get to see RH game and V High was lots of inexperience overall.  Games that our line was able to hold up on we could pass all over the field.

ive wathced a few of centrals games on nfhs and i followed ridgeview closely last year and the players for central are mostly the same. there really isnt much of a pass rush so although I think central is the better team and will win i think this will be a much closer matchup than many think.

9 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Centra may win this game, but if they allow Tazewell to hang around late into the game it could be a one and done for the Warriors. Tazewell is young, athlete’s everywhere on the field. Tazewell makes great second half adjustments and will battle till the end! 

T - 18

C - 42

Aren’t most of your passes short and middle routes?  I think you might have time to throw those.  Could be interesting.  How are your WRs speed?  Can thy shake n bake a bit?  Would love to see Bulldogs the upset but it will be very hard…need to turn them over some.  I think this might be the game I watch….the Ba high - Union game will be good too.

6 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Aren’t most of your passes short and middle routes?  I think you might have time to throw those.  Could be interesting.  How are your WRs speed?  Can thy shake n bake a bit?  Would love to see Bulldogs the upset but it will be very hard…need to turn them over some.  I think this might be the game I watch….the Ba high - Union game will be good too.

Answers:

(1) Most are short/intermediate.  Mills and Harris can take the top off the defense if given time, but the short pass is the running game.

(2) Speed is pretty good.  Harris is a burner.  Mills is deceptive and knows how to use his 6’4” frame.  Mullins’s football IQ is pretty high and knows how to find open holes.  McDonald runs so much like Harris that I occasionally confuse the two.  I don’t think speed will be the issue.

(3) They are shifty, some a little more than others. 

Looking forward to tomorrow!