Who is playing who?

CPF

27 minutes ago, CPF said:

I know we thought we were playing union, but the vhsl web page shows ridgeview at graham, and Union at central? Anyone know what's going on?

2021-Class-2-Region-Semifinals-Playoffs.pdf 120.71 kB · 2 downloads

Well, the VHSL was probably thinking rationally.  They were thinking the highest remaining seed (Graham with a higher power rating than Central) would play the lowest remaining seed left (Ridgeview) and Union would be at Central.  The VHSL got it wrong of course, but in one way, they at least gave a reminder (by accident) to Region D about how the second round actually should look like.

52 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Well, the VHSL was probably thinking rationally.  They were thinking the highest remaining seed (Graham with a higher power rating than Central) would play the lowest remaining seed left (Ridgeview) and Union would be at Central.  The VHSL got it wrong of course, but in one way, they at least gave a reminder (by accident) to Region D about how the second round actually should look like.

i understand you dont want Union again, makes sense, but that might actually be the better matchup for Graham as opposed to Ridgeview.  not watched Graham enough to say for sure but Ridgeview when they are making plays is just as tough an out as the other two m7 schools still in.  im sure Central doesnt want to see them again.

18 minutes ago, HaloSports2 said:

i understand you dont want Union again, makes sense, but that might actually be the better matchup for Graham as opposed to Ridgeview.  not watched Graham enough to say for sure but Ridgeview when they are making plays is just as tough an out as the other two m7 schools still in.  im sure Central doesnt want to see them again.

I could careless who we play. I just wanted to know which was correct. 

1 hour ago, HaloSports2 said:

Being a Giles guy, I can't say I've ever had Union, but for what it's worth, I wouldn't want any part of them this year if we would have played. 

CPF, not to be a stickler because my grammar and brain fog is on a whole other level of ugly, and I'm certain your skills are better than mine, but it's "could NOT care less."  Or....."couldn't" care less. I make the same mistake about 2-3 times per week and far more than you, even when I'm corrected. I rinse and repeat.  I get your point clearly though. You want your boys to pad up and play ball regardless of who it is. Same here.

What Should You Do?

Both Merriam-Webster and dictionary.com have weighed in and say “could care less” and “couldn’t care less” mean the same thing. Their reasoning is that both phrases are informal, English is often illogical, and people use the two phrases in the same way. “Could care less” has come to mean the same thing as “couldn’t care less.” 

Nevertheless, if you want to avoid annoying people, it’s better to stick with "couldn’t care less.” Take it from someone who’s heard a lot of people complain about it.

5 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

What Should You Do?

Both Merriam-Webster and dictionary.com have weighed in and say “could care less” and “couldn’t care less” mean the same thing. Their reasoning is that both phrases are informal, English is often illogical, and people use the two phrases in the same way. “Could care less” has come to mean the same thing as “couldn’t care less.” 

Nevertheless, if you want to avoid annoying people, it’s better to stick with "couldn’t care less.” Take it from someone who’s heard a lot of people complain about it.

I was happy that he cared.

Look out boys, the keyboard commandos have landed and the grammar is well in hand. Those who point out imperfections on social media should really get a job or life, or start donating their time and skills at being perfect to a literacy programs. As I sit here thinking about my past life as a Marine I came to realize that certain words that I used to use didn’t even need punctuation or even used properly as I don’t     Care , go      Yourself  or my favorite        Off you       Tard  , But I no longer use such words, but I may still think them. Just a thought , 

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

Both Graham and Union are playing this weekend. Playing each other. @GilesDavis4321 give the best explanation of what's going on. 

Bro,  I have enough problems keeping up with what town the Wingers are playing in, even more so the day!

Come the third round though, I will b on my game dialing in all of em!