Farthest trip to play a game

EH31

I was looking at FourSeasonsFootball.com and seen that in 1990 Lee traveled to Yorktown to play Tabb in the playoffs. That’s well over a 7 hour bus ride. 

Does anyone know of a local team that’s made a longer trip to play a game?  

22 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I was looking at FourSeasonsFootball.com and seen that in 1990 Lee traveled to Yorktown to play Tabb in the playoffs. That’s well over a 7 hour bus ride. 

I know Clintwood went to the eastern shore in 78 and think Powell Valley did sometime in the 90’s

29 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Powell Valley @ Northampton for the 1995 2A title has to be it.  Northampton is on the eastern shore (Onley), and is also where Graham played for the soccer title this year.

29 minutes ago, EH31 said:

6 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I know Clintwood went to the eastern shore in 78 and think Powell Valley did sometime in the 90’s

Powell Valley at Northhampton in 1995. BSG to Onley, VA ----- 8 hours 21 minutes by Google Maps

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Probably not they kicked their asses

Oh I know. They kicked ours too that year. I remember riding a bus from Savanah to Cherry Point once and that was awful. That was on a charter to.

2 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

I would think Clintwoods was the longest just due to the roads at that time.  Both Clintwoods trip and Powell Valleys were a pain in the tail I imagine.

Yelp. Sections of Interstates 81 and 64 were still being constructed in '78. Couple that with the federally-mandated 55 MPH speed limit at the time. 

3 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

I would think Clintwoods was the longest just due to the roads at that time.  Both Clintwoods trip and Powell Valleys were a pain in the tail I imagine.

56 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Yelp. Sections of Interstates 81 and 64 were still being constructed in '78. Couple that with the federally-mandated 55 MPH speed limit at the time. 

And Clintwood took a school bus, not sure what PV or Lee took

13 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

So it may have been quicker with less traffic accidents and delays if 81 wasnt fully constructed.......