2D returning players

S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE

53 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Interested in seeing who's returning next season.  From what I can recall central is losing the most. 

VA High returns the following:

Brody Jones - QB, Conner Davidson - DB/Off Utility, Patrick Poku - WR/DB, Donnie Thomas - LB/WR, Burks...LB/RB

Big losses...Stevie Thomas..Ajani Delaney...K. Smith lineman..

Alot of potential for next season

As a Wise County guy, I know most about the Union, Central, RV side at a touch of Abingdon and GC.  Can’t speak as much to JB and Lee

order of teams most affected by losses:

1) Central- Lose Mullins, Boggs, Tester as skill Off positions plus 3 All conference level OL.  Defense may be worse: The beat LB group is decimated losing Boggs, Tester and Mullins, lost all State DB in Mullins and several DL. Notable returners: Church (QB/DB)

2) Abingdon- Offense- Lose QB, both RBs, both WRs and several OL.  Defense: Lose all M7 LB, DB and a couple of DL.  Their losses on Offensive are huge. Notable returning: DL (can’t think of his name but was DPOY in M7

3) Union- Offense- BUnch (QB), both Jenkins WRs, Lomax and two OL.  Defense: Entire DB (Bunch and both Jenkins), Lomax another LB and  couple of DL.  Notable returning: Satterfield RB,LB

Gate City:  loses Jenkins…beat player on O and D.  Can’t speak to much else.

Lee:  QB and some skill positions return.  Can’t speak to much else but expect to see improvement.

JB:  I really do t know much here.  I believe they only had one or two players on any M7 list.

RV: Offense: Boggs (WR).. they return the other 10.  Defense: Gibson and Deel kids on DL…big losses.  Lose one LB as well. Notable returning: O’Quin (QB), Beavers (Wr/DB) Counts (WR/LB) Hill (APB/LB); Hartsock (LB/RB) all OL.

Union only has 1 Jenkins other 5 have graduated lol and only lose 1 OL but will get back 1 OL who was out for season and RB Honeycutt.  Edit:. You are talking about the transfer Jenkins sorry.  We've had so many lately I forgot about him, different family though

34 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

As a Wise County guy, I know most about the Union, Central, RV side at a touch of Abingdon and GC.  Can’t speak as much to JB and Lee

order of teams most affected by losses:

1) Central- Lose Mullins, Boggs, Tester as skill Off positions plus 3 All conference level OL.  Defense may be worse: The beat LB group is decimated losing Boggs, Tester and Mullins, lost all State DB in Mullins and several DL. Notable returners: Church (QB/DB)

2) Abingdon- Offense- Lose QB, both RBs, both WRs and several OL.  Defense: Lose all M7 LB, DB and a couple of DL.  Their losses on Offensive are huge. Notable returning: DL (can’t think of his name but was DPOY in M7

3) Union- Offense- BUnch (QB), both Jenkins WRs, Lomax and two OL.  Defense: Entire DB (Bunch and both Jenkins), Lomax another LB and  couple of DL.  Notable returning: Satterfield RB,LB

Lee:  QB and some skill positions return.  Can’t speak to much else but expect to see improvement.

JB:  I really do t know much here.  I believe they only had one or two players on any M7 list.

RV: Offense: Boggs (WR).. they return the other 10.  Defense: Gibson and Deel kids on DL…big losses.  Lose one LB as well. Notable returning: O’Quin (QB), Beavers (Wr/DB) Counts (WR/LB) Hill (APB/LB); Hartsock (LB/RB) all OL.

Will Beavers, Counts and Hill all be seniors next year? Ridgeview could be lining up to have a serious, serious contender.

Tazewell returns  Carter Creasy- QB, Cassius Harris - WR, Logan McDonald - WR, Chase Noel - WR, Kaizon Taylor - RB, Brock Alley - RB.

Tazewell will have some talent at the skill positions, lineplay will still be the big question mark. Should be a bit better along the line, Skill positions look solid.

13 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

GC loses both Edwards kids.  Will who was their center, and Brady who played LB and FB when healthy.  Brady missed part of this year after tearing his MCL in the benefit game vs VA High.  Stokes kid is a SR also.  I think they had around 10 SRs on the team.  Cant remember who else played where. 

2 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

The kid is a good QB who has the unfortunate luck of being in the same class as O’Quinn and Creasey.  You don’t often see three Fr. Starting QBs in a. 11 team region.

And 3 quality QBs at that.

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Looking at a couple of rosters and it appears lee, union, and rv return the most and lose the least number wise. Gc, jsb, and central losing quite a bit.  

Abingdon losing quite a bit.

Next year: abingdon1, rv/u, everyone else 

It is a given that Union will be solid year in and year out Do you think that they will be primarily T based Team again or will losing Lomax push them in another direction?

Abingdon lost basically there entire offence  will they be able to reload with so little effort

RV might be scary on Offence next season but they lost several key players on D how well they can plug those holes will go a long way into how far RV can go next season

I personally think Central may surprise some people next season I am not saying that they will go 10-0 or 9-1  but I think that they will be a bit better than middle of the pack

What little bit they dabbled in the i- formation they looked good,  but never committed to it. With more mobile qbs and the backs returning , I could see some added option runs. Defense gotta find some answers, no big show stoppers in the middle opening up and taking chances blitzing be a little more diverse instead of sitting and reading.

On 12/14/2021 at 6:04 PM, Union_Fan said:

I think that's something we missed this year, a true fullback. Wish we could find another Stidham, Polier or CJ Jones.

Best thing Union could do is work all off-season on how to block without holding.  That'd be worth an extra 100 yards a game there.

6 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Best thing Union could do is work all off-season on how to block without holding.  That'd be worth an extra 100 yards a game there.

After looking back at some of those games, it looked like most of the holding was done by the WRs. We will have a very experienced line next year, and hopefully, they stay in the weight room all offseason. If they do that, we may not need to worry about anyone holding. If we can come up with a 3rd back and a running QB, we should be able to roll up 300 plus yards a game rushing with what we'll have on the line.

I think our offense will be fine, but I'm worried about the DL. I know we have some big bodies coming up, but they will need to be a lot stronger to make a difference.

• 3 weeks later...