Week 2 Scores/Updates

Iceman2553

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Like I wrote, want to see number 5 get the ball outside the tackles. Overall, great effort by the Spartans and great job by the Giles staff.

who is number 5? 

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I'm happy with our effort. Giles is going the right way. We played hard and just got beat by a better team.

A little more weightroom and conditioning work and Giles will be good soon.

21 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

#5 need to be TB

That's all I would change. I love our staff and they do an awesome job, but 5 imo...well, I want him to touch a little more in space. Running him in between the tackles against and interior line like Galax is tough sledding.....but running inside against Galax is tough for most backs. He definitely needs to be tailback.

Great game Giles guys. Your coaching staff had a hell of a defensive game plan running the 52 monster and covering up our offensive lineman so they couldn’t get to the next level. Which allowed the three backers to be in backfield every play . Our coaching staff never adjusted to it and like you said the line and RB just put it on their shoulders and wore the d line down. Hell of a game though , and you guys will continue to get better and I hope we will as well.  But damn that buck lateral that’s two years in a row you guys have scored long runs on us with that play. Lol

44 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

That's all I would change. I love our staff and they do an awesome job, but 5 imo...well, I want him to touch a little more in space. Running him in between the tackles against and interior line like Galax is tough sledding.....but running inside against Galax is tough for most backs. He definitely needs to be tailback.

#5 at tailback would eliminate too much of the offense as he doesn't run between the tackles well at all. Switching the two backs around keeps the defense off balance and allows him to hit the big play.  I would leave the offensive alone. Galax just has a monster defense and would have shut Giles down regardless of who played where. 

10 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Great game Giles guys. Your coaching staff had a hell of a defensive game plan running the 52 monster and covering up our offensive lineman so they couldn’t get to the next level. Which allowed the three backers to be in backfield every play . Outrage coaching staff never adjusted to it and like you said the line and RB just put it in there shoulders and wore the d line down. Hell of a game though , and you guys will continue to get better and I hope we will as well.  But damn that buck lateral that’s two years in a row you guys have scored long runs on us with that play. Lol

That was a heck of a game. Wish we would’ve had more in the tank for that 4th quarter but we were on E! As always y’all have a hell of a team that is strong and well conditioned. #9 is a grown ass man! 

6 minutes ago, Spartan winger said:

#5 runs between the tackles just fine. He is explosive and a game changer. But I think all the backs have ran hard so far.

No doubt. All the backs have run hard and our kids played hard. We just got beat. We need more depth on the line of scrimmage, and that's not an easy thing to do at the Class 1 level.

40 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

That was a heck of a game. Wish we would’ve had more in the tank for that 4th quarter but we were on E! As always y’all have a hell of a team that is strong and well conditioned. #9 is a grown ass man! 

I will say that TD run by 9 in the far end zone was one of the most impressive I have seen in a long time.