Week 3 Scores/Updates

Iceman2553

26 minutes ago, GGH32 said:

Why are teams 4 hours away playing each other?

6 hours.  Long story short - Mount View was the original opponent- they re-scheduled another team without informing Tazewell.  It's near impossible to find an opponent on the 2nd year of a 2 year cycle.  Colonial Heights had an opening, so here we are.

35 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Class 3, near Richmond.  The Bulldogs are hampered with their QB being injured.  Defense performed well, but just too predictable on offense in this one.

That sucks. That’s a long drive home after a lose. The weather makes it even worse.

3 minutes ago, GGH32 said:

Why are teams 4 hours away playing each other?

Because a lot of local teams don’t want to travel far. I use Hurley as an example. The Cumberland District denied Hurley and Council entry into the district. The Hogoheegee won’t take them either. Some years Hurley has problems getting a football schedule. Remember it’s just as far for Hurley to travel to another school as it is for that school to travel to Hurley.  As of now, next year there will only be one Black Diamond District Football game, Grundy/Hurley, since Honaker joined the Hogoheegee and they refused Grundy and the Cumberland refused Hurley. Division 1 schools in Region D need to work closer together. 

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Good lord

Anybody listening can't deny it. Not an excuse but it is what it is. Every little thing adds up when already down the main signal caller. 

Think I would have tried Finn sooner. Nothing to lose by it

7 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

If you're listening you can tell the officiating is bad? Geez 

Anybody that was listening to the game knows exactly what I am referring to. Obviously you weren't. I don't tend to make comments on games I didn't watch or listen to

On 9/8/2022 at 10:47 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

Even though they are 0-3.  They are probably still a top 4 team in WV AA

They’ll be lucky to be in the top 15, most likely will be 1-4 heading into the game on 9/30 in which independence will be heavily favored. If blfd doesn’t get some things clicking that game could be a complete annihilation. 

3 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Anybody listening can't deny it. Not an excuse but it is what it is. Every little thing adds up when already down the main signal caller. 

Think I would have tried Finn sooner. Nothing to lose by it

I would’ve tried anything sooner.