Week 3 Scores/Updates

Iceman2553

Defending State Class 2 Champion King Williams falls to their rival Class 1 Essex by a score of 26-13.  Game played at Essex.  Essex came in as the number 3 ranked Class 1 team in Virginia, and has had several semi final appearances against Riverheads.

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Makes me wonder if the 7 year string of D1 talent is finally slowing down.

They have 2 this year.  T. Copeland going to Virginia Tech at Linebacker a senior and Jonathan Pennix, RB, with offers from UVA, WVU, Pitt, BC, Louisville

I'm listening to Princeton and Oak Hill, WV, now that George Wythe kicked our butts.  Game was Tied 7-7 with 16 seconds left in the game and Oak Hill with a field goal to win it from 36 yds and missed the field goal by inches and the game goes into overtime.

Oak Hill gets the ball first in OT and misses another field goal from 30 yds.  Princeton gets the ball and almost scores as the Princeton RB on the second play of OT breaks a run and is about to end the game and FUMBLES the ball a half of a yd before the endzone and Oak Hill recovers.  Going to OT number 2.  Princeton and Oak Hill somehow tied 7-7 and Princeton won this game 55-30 last year  Most surprising year of High School football I can recall in probably 15 years regarding scores and trying to predict outcomes.

7 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Either Oak Hill has improved a ton or Princeton was overhyped 

Dude, everybody has been overhyped, but then underhyped, then evenly hyped.  Never seen a season in this area with teams this schizophrenic from week to week in a good 15 or so years.  From Glenvar to Holston to Patrick Henry to Gate City to Appomattox now 0-2 and about to be 0-3 if they lose to Lord Boty next week, to Abingdon to Richlands to Bluefield being 0-3.  Just absolute craziness in trying to get a read on these teams.  Giles included in my opinion, but I always questioned our line depth.  We don't have it and just get pushed off the ball