Wise Central @ Virginia High

V-Cats

Central has looked good this year, despite losing to Ridgeview last week

Meanwhile Virginia High surprised everyone with their defense last week in shutting down Patrick Henry's rushing attack. 

I think Central does eek out a win here but we should be in for a good one

This is a tough one.. a toss up…but I’ll go with Central.  This will help give us a little better idea of who the playoff middle seeds might be.  It’s been a crazy first three weeks with Richlands trouncing Gate City and then Gate City beating Abingdon and Tazewell thumping VHS and then VHS thumping PH.  We will also have a clear #1 in 2D with the winner of the Graham- Union game.

100% I wouldn’t be surprised if the pack goes unblemished in the M7….heck of a team.

We (Central) have some growing up to do….have to play 4 quarters each game. 

If we show up for 4 quarters Friday, we should walk out of Bristol with a W. If not well…..

16 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

This is a tough one.. a toss up…but I’ll go with Central.  This will help give us a little better idea of who the playoff middle seeds might be.  It’s been a crazy first three weeks with Richlands trouncing Gate City and then Gate City beating Abingdon and Tazewell thumping VHS and then VHS thumping PH.  We will also have a clear #1 in 2D with the winner of the Graham- Union game.

Ridgeview is favorite over Union but if Union beats graham which isn’t gonna happen Ridgeview Union game will be a fun one 

5 hours ago, onewarrior2 said:

100% I wouldn’t be surprised if the pack goes unblemished in the M7….heck of a team.

We (Central) have some growing up to do….have to play 4 quarters each game. 

If we show up for 4 quarters Friday, we should walk out of Bristol with a W. If not well…..

Central will be much better later in the season. Probably right on schedule with when they play Union.  

4 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

Ridgeview is favorite over Union but if Union beats graham which isn’t gonna happen Ridgeview Union game will be a fun one 

Why is Ridgeview the favorite over Union? Ridgeview has only beaten Union once ever and that was 4 years ago.

8 hours ago, EH31 said:

Why is Ridgeview the favorite over Union? Ridgeview has only beaten Union once ever and that was 4 years ago.

U lost several key playmakers (RB, QB, WR), Rv has all of their playmakers back. U is starting several Freshmen, RV is Senior loaded. On paper Rv would be favored

So back on topic.. I think Wise Central is a pretty good team. I know they took one in the teeth last week but I dont think this is a team you want to see come playoff time. Their offensive philosophy really hasnt changed from years past they just moved the Q back in the shotgun which gives you another running treat. If #3 was on my team I would have done the same thing. They have pretty good size and fly around on defense. VA high has looked much better the last 2 weeks. The win against PH was a good win IMO. However they are gonna have to buckle up their chin straps on this one. I think if they can match Wise physically in the trenches then it will be a close game. If not Wise by a lot. 

12 hours ago, redtiger said:

U lost several key playmakers (RB, QB, WR), Rv has all of their playmakers back. U is starting several Freshmen, RV is Senior loaded. On paper Rv would be favored

For the record, not many if any people in BSG/Appalachia view Union as the favorite. It's RV by a wide margin. 

This was an absolute dandy ballgame to watch, hated to see one team lose. It was back and forth all night. The Jones kid from Va. High has a cannon for a arm. and he has 2 speedsters at wide out that can flat out run.  Central had their chances tonight to come away with the win but little mistakes here and there kept them from coming out of Bristol with the W.