2 Ridgeview (M7)

3 Union (M7)

4 Gate City/Abingdon (M7)

6 Tazewell/Virginia (SW)

8 Central (M7)

9 Lee (M7)

10 Richlands/Marion (SW)

12 Battle (M7)

One of your #4 lost to one of your #10 and was in a dog fight with the other. Not arguing, just an observation. 

Final:  Martinsville 50, Dan River 27.  The Dogs improve to 3-0 on the season and the Dogs are likely NOT a Shi*house Poet.  They appear to be the real thing.   They may be a force in Region C this year.  Most might believe it's Radford, Appomattox and Glenvar in Region C.  Martinsville is probably in that mix with those 3 this year.  Much improved football team.

GC is at a turning point in the program where they are on the cusp of making that upward turn. We will see the usual form with games close against Marion and losing to a very down Richlands team, and the upward/newer form where the beat Abingdon. Don't be surprised if GC is in a close game with either a RV or Union, only to possibly lose badly to a Central. GC is at the point where a great Coach is starting to turn it upwards, but still wrestling with a talent issue. GC in 2024 will challenge for the District Title. 8-2, 9-1 type team for GC in 2024 (2 years). Next year, 6-4, 7-3ish IMO. Their cupboard is far from empty in GC.

30 minutes ago, EH31 said:

One of your #4 lost to one of your #10 and was in a dog fight with the other. Not arguing, just an observation. 

I think anyone in that 4-10 range can beat anyone else in that range. Marion looked awful against Northwood but the week before they played respectable against a decent Wise team and a week later almost beat a Gate City team that beat Abingdon. Maybe it’s better to tier them

1- Graham, Ridgeview, Union

2- almost everyone else

3- Richlands, Battle, maybe Marion…

that said if you tell me come Election Day that Richlands finished 2nd in the SWD I wouldn’t be surprised. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they go 1-9 and match their TD (4) performance against GC over the 2nd half of the season. 

Final. Highland Springs 34, Martinsburg WV 3.

The game was at Martinsburg who won at Highland Springs last year. Highland Springs is the number 1 ranked Class 5 team in VA, and they are likely the best overall team in VA this year and that includes Class 6 number 1 ranked Oscar Smith. Calpreps projects a 38-14 win for Highland Springs over Oscar Smith. Highland Springs went on the road earlier in the year and beat what was then, NC's first ranked team in the state in Chambers of Charlotte, which is still ranked in the top 100 in the country by Maxpreps.

On 9/16/2022 at 10:15 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

Final Score

Woodrow 30

Bluefield 27.

Bluefield has lost 4 games by a total of 16 points.  They fall to 0-4 to start the season.  Don't know the status of Hairston.

Uhhh. Do you mean 30 points? Princeton beat them by 21.

On 9/17/2022 at 1:19 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Final:  Martinsville 50, Dan River 27.  The Dogs improve to 3-0 on the season and the Dogs are likely NOT a Shi*house Poet.  They appear to be the real thing.   They may be a force in Region C this year.  Most might believe it's Radford, Appomattox and Glenvar in Region C.  Martinsville is probably in that mix with those 3 this year.  Much improved football team.

Martinsville has already beat Glenvar at Glenvar 21-14. Should start finding out more about the Dogs next week as we go to undefeated 4A Halifax Co. Then we still have games with 3A Magna Vista, Bassett and Tunstall and 4A GW-Danville. Also 2A games with Chatham and Patrick Co., so Martinsville still has a long way to go. We do have alot of speed, 2A 100 meter state champion had 318 yards on 17 carries Friday night with 5 tds. But we're young in the line and it all depends how they hold up.

On 9/16/2022 at 10:35 PM, BBHoops_18 said:

I think they'll win their next game since they beat that opponent 74-0 last year. They'll probably get one more. They should get in.

The school they're playing is Hundred High School

The Hornets have been playing football since 1934 and have 0 playoff appearances. Zero.

11 hours ago, V-Cats said:

The Hornets have been playing football since 1934 and have 0 playoff appearances. Zero.

10 hours ago, EH31 said:

Especially considering more than 1/3rd of WV class A teams make the playoffs 

That's really an astonishing accomplishment 

On 9/19/2022 at 6:28 PM, V-Cats said:

It’s amazing that hundred can field a team. Their total enrollment is only around 100 students.

36 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham Middle beat Bluefield Middle 20-8 on Monday night. 

I think JV won against Tazewell maybe? I’m not sure of the score though. Roberts the starting QB is out right now. Not sure where that leaves varsity as far as a back up QB.