Thomas Walker @ Union

UnionGuy2017

Coach Hall returns to the park to face a team that is in the middle of its typical mid season regression. Last year Union got up to a big lead and the starters were eating pizza on the sideline before having to go back in and finish it up after it got close late. Don’t think they will have the opportunity to rest this season. 

2 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Coach Hall returns to the park to face a team that is in the middle of its typical mid season regression. Last year Union got up to a big lead and the starters were eating pizza on the sideline before having to go back in and finish it up after it got close late. Don’t think they will have the opportunity to rest this season. 

Rest they'll be in a dog fight from the start of it. Tommy walker will stack the box and it will be like last night. All you have to do to prepare for union is learn the same 5 plays they run and you got it figured out. Its shameful that you got kids that are being done dirty. Why hasn't the Cochran kid not got any playing time since the Richlands game. The bunch kid finally saw the field again last night for like 2 plays. Huff kid hasn't lined up at wr since the Elizabethton scrimmage game guess we can't let those 3 kids outshine a coaches son. Just my opinion and thoughts. They eventually have to show some sort of passing game or Ray is not got to make it to game #10.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Maybe Union will find a passing game against TW. If not, as someone mentioned stack the box. Does TW have a passing game? I’m not lying, I truly don’t know much about them unless it’s something I’ve read here. 

Hall from Union is the coach I think they throw quite a bit

A couple weeks ago, I thought this thread wouldn't be worth a thought let alone a discussion. Now, the coaching staff has much to figure out if they want to be taken seriously by any team left on their schedule.

If they can't win this game by a very comfortable margin, they can forget being competitive against Ridgeview.

23 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Hall from Union is the coach I think they throw quite a bit

This is true and unfortunately for union because defensive coordinator doesn't know how to make adjustments and well let's just say unions corners are not very good right now.

Just now, Union_Fan said:

A couple weeks ago, I thought this thread wouldn't be worth a thought let alone a discussion. Now, the coaching staff has much to figure out if they want to be taken seriously by any team left on their schedule.

If they can't win this game by a very comfortable margin, they can forget being competitive against Ridgeview.

RV is a very gracious team and will virtually extend a cordial invitation to stay in the game for the first half to every team save Norton.  They aren’t sharp and focused enough to come out and bury a team.

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Maybe Union will find a passing game against TW. If not, as someone mentioned stack the box. Does TW have a passing game? I’m not lying, I truly don’t know much about them unless it’s something I’ve read here. 

TW has a really good OL. Their Center is one of the better linemen in SWVa. He’s ruthless. Gulley their QB can throw it. Has a couple of good WRs and they have two RBs who can tote the rock. 

4 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

RV is a very gracious team and will virtually extend a cordial invitation to stay in the game for the first half to every team save Norton.  They aren’t sharp and focused enough to come out and bury a team.

That’s just good ole Dickenson County hospitality! Excepts as you said for Norton, but I’m sure that’s because somebody is mad about the self checkouts at Walmart!

55 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

I just hope the lady who screams HOLDING every play stays home and rests her voice 

45 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

If Dook comes I can promise you she will be there also

They do seem like they'd be in the same family. 

The offense is the definition of a one trick pony, abundance of talent to pass the ball and put it in space, and the bossmen just refuse to put it there it seems .. absolute 0 pass threat. Hate it for a lot of these kids 23 the cochran kid has not touched the field it seems and neither has bunch or huff, both of which are Highly talented freshmen. Still think 12 is the guy at qb but that is not gonna change any time soon. satterfield has gone to waste offensively , The kid has barely touched the ball and is a stud. but the bears are going to need a clean house very soon or the wheels are Gonna fall off i’m afraid. .

absolutely no way this is close.. Gate City has a pretty good team even though no one wants to admit it. The only way this is kinda close is if Union throws it 50 times just to work on that and TW picks them off a bunch! They should just hang out in the T and do what they do best and run the ball stay healthy get a running clock by half time and move on.