Richlands vs Marion

Gridiron60

For sure there but the thing is he can't be expected to do it all.  He will wear down or get hurt having to do that many carries/plays.  Need Vanover (think it was) to pick up more on the RB side.  Brown has capability to be good QB but needs to get his passes up off the ground.

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If they can get a little more consistent it wouldn't be a huge shock if they catch vhs not looking in a couple weeks.  Potential is there to be much better than they've been most of the season. 

Defense needs a lot more work before that happens I think.  However if V High rolls in thinking they will roll, prepare for a shootout

53 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Defense needs a lot more work before that happens I think.  However if V High rolls in thinking they will roll, prepare for a shootout

Ronnie Davis is helping down there now. I'm not sure if it's with defense or not though.  I do see the potential for it not to be a cakewalk for VH. 

1 hour ago, parsons said:

BDT had him 17-19 for 219 yds.  Tough critic. Lol

Not at all, what I am saying is if he had hit his receivers up instead of them having to go to the ground then YAC would have boosted that greatly.  His receivers were down when they caught the ball so no chance to catch and run.

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Not at all, what I am saying is if he had hit his receivers up instead of them having to go to the ground then YAC would have boosted that greatly.  His receivers were down when they caught the ball so no chance to catch and run.

Nice game by Collin Adkins who had 98 receiving yards in the game for the Blues

43 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Marions JV beat Richlands on Monday so who knows what will happen

Hard to tell. I remember a time when Marion JV defeated Richlands JV in 2010 or 2011 when Richlands varsity compiled back to back 10-0 regular seasons

Marion has a chance but Ginn will somehow blow it with his dumba** offensive calls he does. I was so excited about this hire but he has wasted some good talent this year by playing boys only on one side of the ball like he's coaching college. 

10 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Marions JV beat Richlands on Monday so who knows what will happen

And Chilhowie’s JV is undefeated but their Varsity is winless. JV and Varsity is totally different teams. I’m picking the Blues in this one. 

6 hours ago, mriguy74 said:

And Chilhowie’s JV is undefeated but their Varsity is winless. JV and Varsity is totally different teams. I’m picking the Blues in this one. 

Well duh I know they are different teams. Marion beat Chillhowie convincingly on Friday then had the doors blown off on Monday. One of the reasons Chilhowie always does so well on JV and middle school is that they play to win the game not get their players ready to Friday nights. In the past Richlands JV is not very good at all and the varsity rolls. The main reason for that is Richlands (and now Marion) dont really care what to score is in a JV game they are running their offense and defense to prepare those guys for when they get to varsity.  All I am saying is the thing that has killed Marion this season is that the flexbone hasnt been clicking running the ball but the JV guys got it rolling on Monday. I am hoping that carries over to Friday. Playing one way has watered down the talent level on JV because their are probably 5 to 6 guys playing on Friday that if they went one way would be studs on JV. But the fact that the offense started to click with some guys that would normally not be on the field at any point makes me feel like Marion may be close to turning the corner.