M7 prediction

Wade_1

1st    Union

2nd  Central, Abingdon, and Gate City tie for 2nd

5th   Lee High and Ridgeview tie for 5th

7th   Battle

Just my guess based on seeing all of these teams at least once on the Tube last year and a few of them 2 or 3 times, and then reading on here over the year what they return.  I also don't know if this is still the same 7 teams in the M7 regarding Lebanon.  Is Lebanon 1D or 2D now, in the SWD, etc.  It seems like Lebanon has moved back and forth from Class 1 to Class 2 several times.  That may not be the case, but it just seems that way in my head.

1)Union:  Returning talent and arguable best coaching staff in M7 equals title.  Coach T has to find some creative ways to move the ball down the field other than via 3/4 yard carries.  They will miss Honeycutt's speed and Satterfield as well but there is a youth movement down there.  I'd move Anderson to slot/WR/RB and use the young QB.   If, I'm playing Union, I have a LB crash Chandler every play and then spy the QB. Can the young ones hold up in clutch conference games?

2)Abingdon: Lost some serious beef up front but return athletes, need to diversify the offense.  Once you shut down Honaker's QB runs, you shut them down last year. No excuse to not have a better offense this year.

3) Ridgeview: More returning talent that people realize...can subpar coaching get it out of them? O'Quinn rushes 200+ times on the season, is M7 POY but passing game takes step back.  Serious loss of defensive speed with Beavers, Counts and Hill's departures (their defensive losses may outweigh their offensive losses)...Counts made big plays all over the field and was very under-rated, as did Hill (Defensive POY) and Beavers eliminated the other team's WR1 and deep threat every game.  Can give Union and Abingdon a scare but will be out-schemed by the other top teams in the M7 and Region.

4) Lee: Good offensive scheme and coaching staff (offensively) and good returning talent at QB/WR/RB.  Can they play a lick of defense?  

5) Gate City: Headed in the right direction, lost a few key pieces from the team last year.  Not sure their offensive scheme is ready to carry them to top of M7.  I don't over value their two wins vs Union...just think it was a good matchup for GC.  Wonder how much getting exposed by RV late in the season shows about their defensive maturity.   

6) Central: Losing Ghent and Church really hurts.  I'm not sure what they have in the 9/10 classes....but I don't think they have the talent and momentum to go above 4th place at best. Their Region challenging window closed two years ago.

7) John Battle:  "Is it baseball season yet?"  Can Hankins and Gobble play anything other than baseball?  

• 1 month later...

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 8:55 AM, Wade_1 said:

What’s your order of how the M7 shakes out? 

Has anyone's opinions changed since after seeing the teams in scrimmages the past two weeks?

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

1. Union

2. GC

3. Abingdon, Ridgeview, Central tie for 3rd

4. Lee

5. Battle

I'm 50-50 on RV for a tie with GC for 2nd and then a two way tie for 3rd with Central and Abingdon because I still think Central is gonna clip somebody (RV or GC).

Here's my list

1.Ridgeview

2. Abingdon

3. Union/Central/Gate City

4. Lee

5.Battle

Ridgeview didn't seem bothered they lost some of the WR core but it was Eastside.  If Abingdon can find some air with the ball they will be difficult. Pretty much a guess to who will get 3rd.  Is it Friday yet?

Honestly, I’m not sure about the order.  I think the M7 is going to be entertaining to watch and track this year….much more so than the SWD.  Any year where Union is looking to throw more while RV is looking to run more, Central has the biggest wildcard at QB, Abingdon has a chip on its shoulder and GC is trying to reclaim its place on the top should be a great year.

44 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Honestly, I’m not sure about the order.  I think the M7 is going to be entertaining to watch and track this year….much more so than the SWD.  Any year where Union is looking to throw more while RV is looking to run more, Central has the biggest wildcard at QB, Abingdon has a chip on its shoulder and GC is trying to reclaim its place on the top should be a great year.

Union has passed the ball a lot in the exhibitions but once the season starts it’ll stop 

1. union ridgeview central lee abingdon battle gate city

2. union ridgeview central lee abingdon battle gate city

3. union ridgeview central lee abingdon battle gate city

4. union ridgeview central lee abingdon battle gate city

Everyone lost some key players last year.  Within the next couple weeks we should really be able to tell something.  

38 minutes ago, BKFootball said:

1. union ridgeview central lee abingdon battle gate city

2. union ridgeview central lee abingdon battle gate city

3. union ridgeview central lee abingdon battle gate city

4. union ridgeview central lee abingdon battle gate city

Everyone lost some key players last year.  Within the next couple weeks we should really be able to tell something.  

Do you have Gate City finishing last I'm confused?