First day of practice

THS6805

18 hours ago, Jags52 said:

First day you can officially hold practice is the 27th. I know some school like gate city get started at 12:01am of the 27th

Just my opinion but I think those 12:01 am start of official practice are dumb. Others may like it but I don’t see the practicality or value in it when you consider the grand scheme of preparing a team for their upcoming season. I’m old and like sleep 💤

15 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Just my opinion but I think those 12:01 am start of official practice are dumb. Others may like it but I don’t see the practicality or value in it when you consider the grand scheme of preparing a team for their upcoming season. I’m old and like sleep 💤

I agree I think it's kinda dumb too....seems like teams that do it want to be able to say "hey look at us, we were the first to start this year"

To each their own though

17 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I agree I think it's kinda dumb too....seems like teams that do it want to be able to say "hey look at us, we were the first to start this year"

To each their own though

Kids at GC love it. Sometimes all it takes it something different to get the kids fired up for the season. 

I'm interested to see what GC does this year.  I watched that 8th grade class 2 years ago just MAUL opponents on NFHS.  I think those kids were Freshmen last year.  They will be sophomores this year.  I don't know about their athletic positions, but I'm pretty confident they are no greater than one year away from being really, really solid on the line of scrimmage for a Class 2 school, unless they've had transfers out or some of those 8th graders from 2 years ago don't play football anymore, etc.  That, I have no idea about, but if they are still there, they are gonna be good on the LOS in the future.

2 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I'm interested to see what GC does this year.  I watched that 8th grade class 2 years ago just MAUL opponents on NFHS.  I think those kids were Freshmen last year.  They will be sophomores this year.  I don't know about their athletic positions, but I'm pretty confident they are no greater than one year away from being really, really solid on the line of scrimmage for a Class 2 school, unless they've had transfers out or some of those 8th graders from 2 years ago don't play football anymore, etc.  That, I have no idea about, but if they are still there, they are gonna be good on the LOS in the future.

I think GC will continue their upward trajectory this year.  They will lose some good players after this season but they have a lot of young talent coming.