Scrimmages/ Benefit Games 8-18

generallyspeaking

7 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Scoop on Radford Fairlawn?  I say 8-2 to 9-1, similar record as last season, yet not as strong overall.  

Agree on overall record. Not as athletic and the line was supposed to drop off. I'm not sure our line has dropped off. It might be better. QB is the best we've ever had at Radford since Alderman in early 70s and seems to be maturing on & off field. Games won up front. If line continues to grow, we aren't dead in water just yet with Glenvar/Appo. 

21 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

In Region B.  Turner Ashby scrimmaged Riverheads a week ago and lost 21-6 in the first half.  Turner Ashby scrimmaged Central this weekend and it was no score for either team in the first half.  Will Central play with Riverheads?  Hard to make much of preseason matchups.  We'll see come Friday night.  I thinking what my cuz from Radford is saying.  Stuarts Draft, if any team in B can top Riverheads, will be the team, not Central.  We'll see though. 

Keep your eyes on the scores in the Valley this weekend with 2 big matchups.  King William comes to Draft and Central of Woodstock goes to Riverheads.  Right off the bat, we will get an idea or a least a glimpse of Class 2 in Virginia outside of SWVA. 

King William Scrimmages.  King William from what I was told got the best of Tabb this weekend down in York County, but not by much.  King William got beat up pretty good by Poquoson in their scrimmage the week before.  Of interest, last year, KW was a big favorite to come out of Region A by most fans, but Poquoson played them even up in their scrimmage last year 2022 and went on to beat them in the region title game.  This year, from what I'm told by my ugly cousin from Radford, VA, Poquoson got the better of KW by a decent bit in the scrimmage a week ago.

Riverheads travels to Central Woodstock.

9 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Agree on overall record. Not as athletic and the line was supposed to drop off. I'm not sure our line has dropped off. It might be better. QB is the best we've ever had at Radford since Alderman in early 70s and seems to be maturing on & off field. Games won up front. If line continues to grow, we aren't dead in water just yet with Glenvar/Appo. 

I wasn’t alive in the 70s or 80s and barely alive in the 90s but Dontae Carter is probably the best I’ve seen play QB for the Bobcats. He was a dangerous dual threat QB

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Riverheads travels to Central Woodstock.

Thanks Sasq.  Sticky fingers here.  I had it in my head that Riverheads and Draft both host, but Riverheads travels.  Draft and King William aren't on NFHS, but my bro in law is going to that game and I will be able to get updates while watching Giles.  I will flip through Central and Riverheads on my phone during the Giles game and post scores here.  

What is Video Production?  I see where that was discussed about Graham-Bluefield in another thread?  I read where that game isn't on NFHS.  I was going to watch that one when I got home Friday night on NFHS, but looks like that ain't happening.  Does Video Production have a fee?  Can you watch it in delay (3-4 hours later after the live feed) etc?

1 minute ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Thanks Sasq.  Sticky fingers here.  I had it in my head that Riverheads and Draft both host, but Riverheads travels.  Draft and King William aren't on NFHS, but my bro in law is going to that game and I will be able to get updates while watching Giles.  I will flip through Central and Riverheads on my phone during the Giles game and post scores here.  

What is Video Production?  I see where that was discussed about Graham-Bluefield in another thread?  I read where that game isn't on NFHS.  I was going to watch that one when I got home Friday night on NFHS, but looks like that ain't happening.  Does Video Production have a fee?  Can you watch it in delay (3-4 hours later after the live feed) etc?

WV video productions broadcast live last year on youtube I think. Do a search for that on youtube by mid week if they are broadcasting they will publish it. 

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

It's free. It's on youtube and facebook.

On 8/19/2023 at 5:48 PM, breckt said:

Did @chipinbogey get a different crew this year?  I saw that crew twice last year and I thought they did a great job. However, new blood is always a good thing. I'm sure they can always use more officials. 

We had 3 of that crew not return this season. It's a rebuilding year😆