Graham vs Galax

Gridiron60

4 minutes ago, VT W1N said:

Terrible news for Sean Hughes of Graham. His family just posted on Facebook that his knee injury suffered on Friday night against Bluefield is serious and he is out for the season. Had an MRI today.

Hate that for him.  He is a great kid.  Hope for a full recovery for that young man. 

5 minutes ago, VT W1N said:

Terrible news for Sean Hughes of Graham. His family just posted on Facebook that his knee injury suffered on Friday night against Bluefield is serious and he is out for the season. Had an MRI today.

I hate that for him. He’s such a good kid and talented player.  Praying for a complete recovery 🙏. A very big loss for GMen. 

1 hour ago, VT W1N said:

Huge loss for the G-Men. Hughes is a hell of an athlete. Prayers to him and a speedy recovery. 

1 hour ago, VT W1N said:

Is he the player that sealed the deal with the long run at the end?

12 minutes ago, appyvol said:

Any word on Clements? With Hughes out, if he can't go that would be a huge loss.

It sounds like Graham will be ok on offense.  Jennings, the younger talented guys can run it.  Hughes is the good linebacker I think and his loss hurts Graham more on defense than offense.

24 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

It sounds like Graham will be ok on offense.  Jennings, the younger talented guys can run it.  Hughes is the good linebacker I think and his loss hurts Graham more on defense than offense.

Agreed. Hughes was a good tackler out in space. Knows how to keep running backs/quarterbacks contained. He will be missed. 

On 8/26/2023 at 7:37 PM, Graham32 said:

I know the first game is usually sloppy but that was the worst prepared Graham team I’ve seen under Palmer. 

If the worst prepared team under Palmer can hold every team they play to 9 points, the GMen will be in pretty good shape this season. 😂😂

7 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

If the worst prepared team under Palmer can hold every team they play to 9 points, the GMen will be in pretty good shape this season. 😂😂

Come on now. You know as well as I do we got lucky we kept it under 9. Graham played very bad football Friday night and we’re on the lucky side of it. Bluefield could have beat us by 14+ in all honesty. 

2 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

Come on now. You know as well as I do we got lucky we kept it under 9. Graham played very bad football Friday night and we’re on the lucky side of it. Bluefield could have beat us by 14+ in all honesty. 

We left a lot of points on the field ourselves. 

7 minutes ago, CPF said:

We left a lot of points on the field ourselves. 

This is true. Why I said Bluefield could have beat us by 14+…but they didn’t we were on the lucky side of things. Bluefield will be tough to be beat down especially later in the season. 

50 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

This is true. Why I said Bluefield could have beat us by 14+…but they didn’t we were on the lucky side of things. Bluefield will be tough to be beat down especially later in the season. 

I agree. They will destroy the 2nd half of that schedule.

1 hour ago, Graham32 said:

Both teams played very sloppy. Graham could have easily beat Bluefield by 14+ too. We definitely got the lucky end of that stick. I’m sure both teams have a much cleaner game tonight. Hopefully, the loss of some key players won’t hurt Graham tonight. Next man up as they say! 

9 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Both teams played very sloppy. Graham could have easily beat Bluefield by 14+ too. We definitely got the lucky end of that stick. I’m sure both teams have a much cleaner game tonight. Hopefully, the loss of some key players won’t hurt Graham tonight. Next man up as they say! 

If Graham comes out and plays that sloppy tonight, they will go home with a loss.  You can't have all those mistakes and expect to win.  They were very lucky that Bluefield had an equally sloppy game.