Week 2 Updates

Gridiron60

So, heres my take with Tazewell. More talent, more skill for their starting 22 compared to Riverheads. Riverheads Coach could take Tazewells and beat his. I watched it. 

I said this earlier and will say this again. Graham will thump Riverheads or Central if they meet. Graham and Union might be the best two Class 2 teams in VA this year, and Graham, Union, Appo, and Radford are better than all of these......Central, Stuarts Draft, Riverheads, Clarke County, King William. I haven't seen Poqouson except on two brief clips. The West is much better in Class 2 this year than the east. I mentioned Radford above......that doesn't mean they beat Glenvar come playoff time. Radford will find a way to lose.

Union imo, is the 2nd best team in Class 2 VA I've seen this year behind Graham. Again, I haven't seen enough of Poqouson to give an opinion on them.

Only my opinions....Tazewell is by far.....by far more talented than VA High, Richlands, Marion and may have more talent than Union. I didn't overtly say it in this post about Tazewell as I am not a call out guy on coaching. I will leave it at that. This is as far as I will ever go with that or to max extent I take it. Let me say this....part 1 of coaching is leadership, community support, fan support, building a program, getting kids out of the hallways and that's important. Tazewell does it well. There is also the xs and os part of the equation on the field, and I will stop right here.

8 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

So, heres my take with Tazewell. More talent, more skill for their starting 22 compared to Riverheads. Riverheads Coach could take Tazewells and beat his. I watched it. 

I said this earlier and will say this again. Graham will thump Riverheads or Central if they meet. Graham and Union might be the best two Class 2 teams in VA this year, and Graham, Union, Appo, and Radford are better than all of these......Central, Stuarts Draft, Riverheads, Clarke County, King William. I haven't seen Poqouson except on two brief clips. The West is much better in Class 2 this year than the east. I mentioned Radford above......that doesn't mean they beat Glenvar come playoff time. Radford will find a way to lose.

Union imo, is the 2nd best team in Class 2 VA I've seen this year behind Graham. Again, I haven't seen enough of Poqouson to give an opinion on them.

Only my opinions....Tazewell is by far.....by far more talented than VA High, Richlands, Marion and may have more talent than Union. I didn't overtly say it in this post about Tazewell as I am not a call out guy on coaching. I will leave it at that. This is as far as I will ever go with that or to max extent I take it. Let me say this....part 1 of coaching is leadership, community support, fan support, building a program, getting kids out of the hallways and that's important. Tazewell does it well. There is also the xs and os part of the equation on the field, and I will stop right here.

I'm not one to make excuses but when your starting QB goes down, your playbook changes so take that with a grain of salt. On to next week and let's hope Creasy isn't injured badly and was more just precautionary. 

Just now, stu_bean said:

I'm not one to make excuses but when your starting QB goes down, your playbook changes so take that with a grain of salt. On to next week and let's hope Creasy isn't injured badly and was more just precautionary. 

I know people may disagree with me and this is fine......Tazewell as far as talent goes is More talented than Radford, Central, Draft, Clarke County, Glenvar and maybe Union. Only Graham and Appo have more talent than any other Class 2 team in VA this year in my opinion (again, havent seen Poqouoson). I know, crazy opinion, many will laugh. I stand and swear by it. 

20 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Despite the score.  I wasn't overly impressed with Riverheads.  A team like Graham or Union would take them apart this year.  Their offensive line has great size and I'm sure with Cook-Cash behind them, they would be a challenge.  However, the defensive line is small and overall, the defense is slow.  Grahams D- Line would match up physically with their offensive line and they have a lot more speed.  Graham's offensive line would push Riverheads around and Graham's speed would  be way too much.  

I think the game today would have been much closer had Creasy not been hurt and definitely closer if Taylor were able to play.   

I hope Creasy can return, but his health is most important.  Tazewell has a lot of potential this season, but the early injury to the QB, Taylor being out and Alley playing with a cast really hampered the Dogs.  Some penalties in key situations stopped a couple drives and kept a couple Riverheads drives going.  Tazewell will be fine, at this level of ball. Having your 3 best players hurt or injured makes a huge difference.  You can see the potential with the Dogs, however.  Good things to come from them this season.  Starting next week!!

8 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

He looked like he was in a lot of pain.  I hope he can go next week.  Different team when they can go up tempo and spread out the defense.

37 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I know people may disagree with me and this is fine......Tazewell as far as talent goes is More talented than Radford, Central, Draft, Clarke County, Glenvar and maybe Union. Only Graham and Appo have more talent than any other Class 2 team in VA this year in my opinion (again, havent seen Poqouoson). I know, crazy opinion, many will laugh. I stand and swear by it. 

Interested to see the match up against Giles later in the season. I think Giles is a little better than they showed last night. Left some points on the field for sure.

11 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Interested to see the match up against Giles later in the season. I think Giles is a little better than they showed last night. Left some points on the field for sure.

Our defense got very exposed last night. IMO Tazewell and Bluefield both get the running clock against us. 

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

The fact that Tazewell didn't have Taylor and Creasy obviously played a big part. Huge losses. With that written, Riverheads didn't have their superstar either. Graham would take Riverheads completely apart imo this year. That Riverheads team and I said this earlier, like Central Woodstock, is Not as good this year. 

Tazewell will go 7-3 with losses to Graham and Princeton. Princeton is the real deal. Tazewells not beating them.

Phoebus beats Oscar Smith 16-2, maybe 18-2. I forget the exact, but it was something close to that. Phoebus moved back up to Class 4 this year.

Mt Airy, NC, with another win. 3 games so far for the Andy Griffiths. Scores are 58-0, 49-0, 56-0. All 3 games could have truly been, 100-0.  This may sound crazy, but Mt Airy is so dominant this year that it's very possible that ALL of their regular season games result in a running clock situation.

2 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Phoebus beats Oscar Smith 16-2, maybe 18-2. I forget the exact, but it was something close to that. Phoebus moved back up to Class 4 this year.

Mt Airy, NC, with another win. 3 games so far for the Andy Griffiths. Scores are 58-0, 49-0, 56-0. All 3 games could have truly been, 100-0.  This may sound crazy, but Mt Airy is so dominant this year that it's very possible that ALL of their regular season games result in a running clock situation.

Sounds like they have a helluva team 

16 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

He looked like he was in a lot of pain.  I hope he can go next week.  Different team when they can go up tempo and spread out the defense.

Unfortunately Tazewell having a bye week in the first week doesn’t give kids a week to heal at any point I. The season. Tazewell could very easily slip up early missing the QB and RB

10 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Mount Airy has had 7 different RB’s score TD’s this season!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 10:18 PM, BBHoops_18 said:

In the Independence game the Indy player drills a Bluefield player in the back way behind the play well after the play was over so I wouldn't say they're completely innocent.

True, but Bluefield was still involved in the fracas...